What's new

Afghan president ‘accepts invitation’ to meet PM Nawaz

It is good to read that efforts are ongoing to improve the ties between Afghanistan and Pakistan. It is easy to let the blame game overtake the shared peace goals in the region, as has been the case in recent past. We should encourage the regional partners for setting up the meeting, and hope both nations will iron out any differences for the betterment of the region. We’ve said this many times before, but it is in the best of our nations (U.S., Pakistan and Afghanistan) to have a healthy working relationship. Moreover, if you look at the big picture, the improved relationship between Pakistan and Afghanistan will likely increase economic and trade cooperation, which is also an area of shared interest between both countries.

Ali Khan
Digital Engagement Team, USCENTCOM

I ho
It is good to read that efforts are ongoing to improve the ties between Afghanistan and Pakistan. It is easy to let the blame game overtake the shared peace goals in the region, as has been the case in recent past. We should encourage the regional partners for setting up the meeting, and hope both nations will iron out any differences for the betterment of the region. We’ve said this many times before, but it is in the best of our nations (U.S., Pakistan and Afghanistan) to have a healthy working relationship. Moreover, if you look at the big picture, the improved relationship between Pakistan and Afghanistan will likely increase economic and trade cooperation, which is also an area of shared interest between both countries.

Ali Khan
Digital Engagement Team, USCENTCOM
I hope America realizes the bold part before blaming pakistan once again for its failed policies in the war on terror. Blame is something that America does constantly from Leon Panneta to Obama. When we can't trust each other and America can't stop blaming us I don't know how this partnership can work.

the meeting of two leaders is a good news but afghan president will ask cross border terrorism which is the old cry of india and usa. i am wonder that three countries and one cry (cross border terrorism). it means strategic partner ship .

Back
Top Bottom