What's new

Afghan-Pakistan Relations After Rabbani Assassination

How lucky of India to have such friends as usa,NATO who will risk their credibility to serve India and that too free of cost.....:lol:

No friendship involved. It's a fortuitous alignment of interests in containing your northern neighbor.

Where do the Paks get these ideas...!!!

By going outside the "Incredible India" bubble into the real world. Apprehension about China has been a part of American foreign policy going back to the 60s.

Its only Natural that the corrupt NA blames Pakistan for its woes.We must not forget that that they were Anti-pakistan to start with.No matter how you see taliban right now,you cannot deny that during the civil war ,the taliban were extemely popular with the afghans ,who rejected the corrupt greedy warlords such as Massoud ,Dostum and co.It wasnt only pakistan but iran (supporting wadhat) ,uzebks with Junbushi and India took Mossoud's side.Since the taliban were more popular and had a robust militia (they even had migs back then) they won.

The recent announcement by the obama administration ,that despite setbacks the troop withdrawl will go as planned has served as a serious to blow to the afghan war.30,000 troops are to withdraw by next summer .The troop surge strategy has clearly failed ,theyre have been more deadly attacks this year

The Taliban only have to wait till the US presence is reduced.I dont believe that a 300,000 strong ANA can counter the same Taliban that a 130,000 US/Isaf have been struggling to.After the US pulls out a chunk of its forces.Taliban will claim victory and will gain popularity and the NA will be left branded traitors who served the invaders , just like najibullah.Afghanistan will drift into civil war again.

if the talibgan were extremely popular among all afghans, they wound have massacared people by thousands, and by the way, the Taliban are also warlords.

No friendship involved. It's a fortuitous alignment of interests in containing your northern neighbor.

And for containing that neighbor they spend trillions of dollars, sacrifice thousands of their soldier lives just to install a pro- indian regime in afganistan , a country that hardly shares a border with china.

Afghanistan has no significance to china as the Chinese already have direct access to the central Asian gas rich lands .

You are so delusional. Get off from the Valium.

By going outside the "Incredible India" bubble into the real world. Apprehension about China has been a part of American foreign policy going back to the 60s.

Does real world mean the self delusional cocoon you currently reside in..?

Didn't I say...? This is the self grandeur I was talking about...but then I understand it...after all according to the Paks afg is their playground and any decision for Kabul must be taken from pindi...:lol:

well i can call you delusional again,but then this will go on forever.People need to open their minds ,look at the recent developments in afghanistan and you will find your answer there.The opening of taliban offices in turkey and qatar ,the assassination of one most important NA leader,the attack in wardak ,the attack on the us embassy and finally the announcement of troop withdrawal

and even if still you believe that the taliban/pusthun are going to be routed in less than 1 year ,then what can i say ,except your being delusional.

Apprehension about China!

Yet it is mostly US investments and technology and imports that have been the driver of China's growth.

How confusing! :crazy:

Apprehension about China!

Yet it is mostly US investments and technology and imports that have been the driver of China's growth.

How confusing! :crazy:

That's the confusion part I was referring too. Forgive them for being confused and as a result confusing others too..:lol:

And for containing that neighbor they spend trillions of dollars, sacrifice thousands of their soldier lives just to install a pro- indian regime in afganistan , a country that hardly shares a border with china.

Afghanistan has no significance to china as the Chinese already have direct access to the central Asian gas rich lands .

It's called encirclement. It's not about how important Afghanistan is to China, but how important its location is relative to China. Do you think Mongolia is important to China? Yet India makes a big deal of its relations with Mongolia.

It's about trying to prop up India as a regional power so it can keep Chinese busy in its own backyard.

Try reading some policy papers and analyses by people outside India -- including Americans and others -- for a change.

You are so delusional. Get off from the Valium.

Does real world mean the self delusional cocoon you currently reside in..?

Yes, yes. Everything outside the "Incredible India" bubble is just a delusion.

if the talibgan were extremely popular among all afghans, they wound have massacared people by thousands, and by the way, the Taliban are also warlords.

How do you suppose ,some small-unit military commanders and madrassa teachers defeated the united front.they were seen as liberators especially by the pustun.But i do believe they were a bit to radical.But i see winds of change in the talibans hearts ,just read the recent eid-ul -fitar message by mollah omar
"Our manifesto is that Afghanistan should have a real Islamic regime which is acceptable to all people of the country. All ethnicities will have participation in the regime and portfolios will be dispensed on the basis of merits; will maintain good relations with regional and world countries on the basis of mutual respect, Islamic and national interests"

How do you suppose ,some small-unit military commanders and madrassa teachers defeated the united front.they were seen as liberators especially by the pustun.But i do believe they were a bit to radical.But i see winds of change in the talibans hearts ,just read the recent eid-ul -fitar message by mollah omar
"Our manifesto is that Afghanistan should have a real Islamic regime which is acceptable to all people of the country. All ethnicities will have participation in the regime and portfolios will be dispensed on the basis of merits; will maintain good relations with regional and world countries on the basis of mutual respect, Islamic and national interests"

we will see what they will do in the future, but their past until now have been very dark, inhumen and brutal. if you love/support/side with them that much, i wish and pray to allah that you get the same thing in your country.

Good taught indeed, but seems bit too late.

How about some facts rather than delusions for a change.

China was a supporter of WOT and used it to brand its own Uighurs as terrorists and allied to AQ.
It was Pakistan that was part of US WOT on Taliban
Chinese companies are getting deals in Afghanistan and Iraq. Won't be possible if China was the target of WOT
Pakistan is only major Non Nato ally and gets US aid in the region
Much of Chinese growth over the last few decades is driven by Western investments, technology and markets. 85% of exports classified as "high tech" are by foreign firms mostly Western

As you see, delusions and phobia don't stand the test of facts.

How about some facts rather than delusions for a change.

China was a supporter of WOT and used it to brand its own Uighurs as terrorists and allied to AQ.
It was Pakistan that was part of US WOT on Taliban
Chinese companies are getting deals in Afghanistan and Iraq. Won't be possible if China was the target of WOT
Pakistan is only major Non Nato ally and gets US aid in the region
Much of Chinese growth over the last few decades is driven by Western investments, technology and markets. 85% of exports classified as "high tech" are by foreign firms mostly Western

As you see, delusions and phobia don't stand the test of facts.

you are well off topic here. I cant believe you indians are getting so excited do you not understand its a puppet regime in afghans that represents american soldiers not afghanis. Oh and the americans are leaving

Back
Top Bottom