What's new

Afghan National Army having fun with Pashtuns

Shapur

Reaction score
Country
Afghanistan

This is Khost province bordering Waziristan. Many Pakistanis have been brainwashed by their media or by the narrative of their Army/ISI, that the Afghan Army is hated by Afghan Pashtuns and they all support Taliban.
I have read many times on this forum that Afghan national army can't leave their bunkers and go outside Kabul. What is this then?
Considering this is a remote pashtun province, you can imagine how well the army is liked in non pashtun areas. Afghan people might criticize the army but most don't believe the Taliban is the answer.

@Sipahi
Only some Pashtuns and some non Pashtuns are fighting against the army for a number of reasons. Some are fighting on religious grounds as they believe the army is the friend of Kuffar, some fight because they are drug lords and want to protect their drugs trade, some fight because they are paid by foreigners, some fight because they are fiercely independent and don't accept centralised government control etc etc, So there are a number of reasons why people fight.

@Kaptaan

I don't have the facts and figures but I don't know how that will make a difference.

Reality will remain reality despite any foto session.
If all US forces leave today, who will be controlling Afghanistan ?

This is Khost province bordering Waziristan. Many Pakistanis have been brainwashed by their media or by the narrative of their Army/ISI, that the Afghan Army is hated by Afghan Pashtuns and they all support Taliban.
I have read many times on this forum that Afghan national army can't leave their bunkers and go outside Kabul. What is this then?
Considering this is a remote pashtun province, you can imagine how well the army is liked in non pashtun areas. Afghan people might criticize the army but most don't believe the Taliban is the answer.

Obviously you are in Denial.

If all of Afghanistan is that much in love with the Afghan National Army, what are all the Foreign Troops still doing in Afghanistan ? They are there for one reason and one reason alone. To Prop up the Afghan Government because the Pakhtoons will take their Govt. apart the week after Foreign forces exit.

Last edited:
I don't have the facts and figures but I don't know how that will make a difference.
It does make some differance. Under representation can point to bias. Skewed regional representation can be source of friction in particular countries with divided ethnic groups. For example these are the figures for Pakistan Army.

Officer Cadre

FvCElPO.png

Rank and file

CoVWBLw.png

Source > https://www.cna.org/CNA_files/PDF/D0024840.A2.pdf

Last edited:
Obviously you are in Denial.

If all of Afghanistan is that much in love with the Afghan National Army, what are all the Foreign Troops still doing in Afghanistan ? There are there for one reason and one reason alone. To Prop up the Afghan Government because the Pakhtoons will take their Govt. apart the week after Foreign forces exit.

Are you trying to say Taliban represents all the Pashtuns? Taliban represnt only themselves and their ilk and fellow Darul Uloom Haqania folks.
Pashtuns are already in government, The president has always been Pashtun, majority of the important posts like finance minister, defence minister etc have been helf by Pashtuns for majority of the time.

I like how some Pakistanis who have never visited Afghanistan are all experts on Afghanistan by getting their info through media.

It does make some differance. Under representation can point to bias. Skewed regional representation can be source of friction in particular countries with divided ethnic groups. For example these are the figures for Pakistan Army.

Officer Cadre

FvCElPO.png

Rank and file

CoVWBLw.png

Source > https://www.cna.org/CNA_files/PDF/D0024840.A2.pdf

I personally believe people should be given positions based on merit rather than ethnicity but I do acknowledge your point about how under representation of regions/people can lead to problems.

It is a nonsense that "Pashtuns" are against the ANSF. This the most outrageously stupid thing I have noticed some Pakistanis are of the opinion. I have always thought that it is not a casual opinion but one brought up with an ulterior motive to the discredit of the Afghan army in particular. Well fair enough and I have already noticed that the few Afghans on this forum have also not entertained or engaged in this debate.

The truth is there were imbalances in early years as the ANSF lacked any pre-existing structure and Jamiat party in particular or what is often referred to as the northern alliance heavily dominated the early structure. Both people and Pashtun political class took an issue with this. But ANA today is a completely different institution. Ethnicity wise it is by far more balanced though I would for once like my region greater Kandahar better represented. Currently amongst Pasthuns it is the eastern and south eastern Pashtuns which make up over 80% of the Pashtuns in the army in particular. High ranks are very balanced may be tilted towards Pashtuns but in mid ranks Pashtuns are under represented. I think at the file and ranks around 40% are Pashtuns. So be it. This is not due to any form of discrimination whilst this percentage in itself has been an improvement from a much lower percentage due to the army's policy of recruitment drive in Pashtun regions. But that's just the army, no issues absolutely what so ever in the police and NDS.

On the other hand Pashtuns dominate the leadership within the security apparatus and dominate the policy environment is significant way. The heavyweights such as minister of defense, head of NDS, including the minister of interior until he resigned couple of moths ago were all Pashtuns.

Unlike the police to some extend the army and intelligence service people are respected by an absolute majority of people across Afghanistan. Except Taliban go on any Pashtun social media page and you could gauge the pride that Pasjyund take in their security forces.

But the funny thing is that many in this forum even refer to the entire government as northern alliance. Lol

Last edited:

Most Pakistanis don't understand that the only object of Afghan hatred is Pakistanis.

Even the Taliban hate Pakistanis and Pakistan.

I can also upload pictures and videos of Americans playing around with Afghan civilians. At the end of the day, it's only one video displaying only a few Americans and Afghan civilians.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom