What's new

Aerial Targets for Air Defense Training

Did not say it never happens. Read the comment again for proper assimilation of what I said!

Same goes for you too @Irfan Baloch .....

Care to act on your own advise dear?
There is a question mark at the end of my statement, perhaps that will explain things to you.

^^ Try to concentrate on the subject at hand .. If you can't ... Don't post jibberish!

High speed drone with speed of Mach 2.5 should be procured for testing of latest FM-90 and other missile systems.

Army has Chinese made S200W target drone which was used to test FM-90 missile system earlier this year at Air defense ranges in karachi. but it is of low speed around 150 to 200 m/s.

Thank you gentlemen for the information above. But my information is that the speed of the locally made target drones is very less to provide realistic training to the AD personnel of the Army. Similarly the Navy is not using any of the locally made drones as well.

Army is also using some Chinese made target drone called S200W. Does anyone has any information on this drone type?

in army, locally made drones are generally used for short range guns like 35mm, 57mm and 35mm guns having maximum range from 4 to 8 kms. but in case of shoulder launched MANPADs like Anza, RBS 70 mortar flares are used. S200W is acquired for fire practice of FM 90 missile system. this drone has range of about 50 km.

Back
Top Bottom