What's new

Advice on E-Book Reader?

Kompromat

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Can anyone please Advice me on which E-Book Reader to buy? - I have no experiance with these machines, so if any of you have used them please suggest brands and models. Money is not an issue, i have a collection of E-books that i want to read and its very hard on the PC/tablet.

Thanks in advance.

Kobo is bang for the buck, you can get a decent one for as low as 50 USD.

Can anyone please Advice me on which E-Book Reader to buy? - I have no experiance with these machines, so if any of you have used them please suggest brands and models. Money is not an issue, i have a collection of E-books that i want to read and its very hard on the PC/tablet.

Thanks in advance.

I use the Amazon Kindle for all my reading needs. I use the Kindle Fire HD but I have heard the paper white is actually better for just reading (I use my kindle for surfing occasionally and netflix as well) so it depends if you just need a reader IMO.

You can do it easily on your existing tablet or smartphone, you just have to make the background colour coffee brown, and make the text black, it becomes very easy to read it like that. (Also increase the text size.)

Aldiko is a great free Ebook reader if you're on the Android platform, and very customizable.

You also get access to a huge library of "public domain" books which include a lot of the old classics and don't cost anything.

You can do it easily on your existing tablet or smartphone, you just have to make the background colour coffee brown, and make the text black, it becomes very easy to read it like that. (Also increase the text size.)

Aldiko is a great free Ebook reader if you're on the Android platform, and very customizable.

You also get access to a huge library of "public domain" books which include a lot of the old classics and don't cost anything.

Tablet has pathetic battery life. If you are reading a book with 600 pages, its not suitable and i hate carrying chargers around. EBRs are designed for book reading and have great battery life, thats why. :D

I use the Amazon Kindle for all my reading needs. I use the Kindle Fire HD but I have heard the paper white is actually better for just reading (I use my kindle for surfing occasionally and netflix as well) so it depends if you just need a reader IMO.

I just need purely for reading books.

26702630_1610812565_o.jpg

I own a Kindle Paper White. I find that it is really nice to read especially during the night when your off the light. If English is not your first language, the dictionary is already installed plus millions of book from Amazon with a good price. if money is not an object, you should really get that one.

I am using calibre on laptop and moon reader on Tablet/Android

boht are free..best thing about calibre is you can convert pdf books into epub which is the best format for ebook

Instead, get a tablet, more versatile, multiple uses, however more expensive and bigger and heavier in size.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks in advance.

Yaar the love when one hold the original book! Although I am not apple products fan but ipad 3/4 has a good battery life 10 hours is too good. Heh would you believe I have more than around 270 e-books...although I like sci-fi and war but have other good categories. Amazon kindle 2012-2013 would be the choice and the price is less than 75 dollars and the battery single charge last more than 2 weeks.

Kindle - Best-Selling Ereader - Only $69

Last edited:
Don't get kobo, I heard it is very bad.

Just get sony prs-t2 or prs-t3. This one is the latter:
72275_2.jpg

It is strong material, you can get it in different colors. It has wifi so you can put files on drop box and just download files without using cables or something. I have been using this for over a year. At it works perfectly. It supports all files. It has dictionary. The real deal. You get an e-reader once. So make the right choice. No need to go for shitty one when you will probably use it for the next 5 to 10 years.

Thanks in advance.
Have you heard of PAC-eBOOK 1??
CPMC - PAC-eBOOK 1

Back
Top Bottom