What's new

Adnan Sami says, mee Mumbaikar

Status
Not open for further replies.

takeiteasy

Reaction score
Country
India

Singer-composer bids goodbye to Pakistan, his country of origin, saying he'll stay in a tent if he has to, but he won't leave this city

Now that the High Court has granted Adnan Sami permission to leave the country -- the singer's world tour begins this week -- Sami has taken the radical decision to gradually ease ties with Pakistan, his country of birth. This, despite the fact that Pakistani artistes like Rahat Fateh Ali Khan and Meera have been in a spot of trouble in India. More recently, Salma Agha and her daughter even raised a stink over an alleged MMS leak.
Adnan-Sami.jpg

Breaking his silence after the Mumbai High Court's verdict, Sami, who is a Canadian citizen of Pakistani origin, but lives in Mumbai said, "I don't wish to be seen as one more troublemaker from Pakistan. But the truth is, I don't see myself as belonging to any country but India anymore."

In fact, said Sami, he was offended by the suggestion that he may flee India while performing at concerts abroad, by transferring assets to international accounts. "Kahan jaaonga main? Yeh mera mulk hai. (Where will I go? This is my land.) I don't understand why people are constantly referring to my Pakistani antecedents. It is not important where I come from, it's about where I now belong. My career, home and wife are in Mumbai."
Sami intends to invite his son Azaan to Mumbai.

"Azaan wants to be a musician like me. We'll work together in Mumbai. His mother (actress Zeba Bakhtiar) too, was close to the Indian entertainment industry. My mother spends most of her time here (in Mumbai). Let the Indian government confiscate my property -- we'll stay in a tent and pay taxes. But we won't allow anyone to drive us out of Mumbai," says the musician.

Adnan now leaves for concerts in Dubai, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa. "I have never felt happier. With the High Court lifting a ban on my travel a weight has lifted from my shoulder. Now when I perform on stage I will feel like a free man. But wherever I am, I can't wait to return home to India."

From Pakistan, with love
Yesteryear actress Salma Agha and her daughter Zarah Khan met Mumbai police commissioner Arup Patnaik last week about an alleged MMS clip, which was circulated on YouTube. Zarah alleged that former boyfriend Ruslaan Mumtaz, who is the son of Salma Agha's close friend Anjana Mumtaz, released the clip that reportedly showed her kissing another man. Zarah claimed that the woman in the clip isn't her. Salma Agha is a singer and actress from Pakistan who sang and acted in Indian films in the '80s. She lives in Lokhandwala.

Adnan says, mee Mumbaikar

Few Doubts:
  1. How can Adnan claim He is Indian as both Indians and Pakistanis Knows Him as a Pakistani National Staying in India? Is there something like Adnans Ancestoral Family is from India or something like that?
  2. How do Salma Aagha and the Likes Enter India easily? Is it not tough to get Indian Visa(and vice versa with pakistan)?

They should give him Indian citizenship and get done and over with. The guy wants to live in India let him live, seriously there is 1.2 Billion of us, 1 extra person won't make any difference. Not to forget that he is an awesome artist.

They should give him Indian citizenship and get done and over with. The guy wants to live in India let him live, seriously there is 1.2 Billion of us, 1 extra person won't make any difference. Not to forget that he is an awesome artist.
IINM, Adnan's family has relations with Pakistan Army(His Father). Will GoI ever give him Indian citizenship?

IINM, Adnan's family has relations with Pakistan Army(His Father). Will GoI ever give him Indian citizenship?

If India wants to be what it seems to want to be, it needs the best people to push it through.

The best scientists.

The best doctors.

The best leaders.

The best businessmen.

The best actors.

The best writers.

The best singers.

The best academicians.

The best students.

The best economists.

...and so on.

We should welcome people of eminence from all over the world. This will only help us grow.

---------- Post added at 09:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 AM ----------

Won’t go back to Pakistan: Sami

MUMBAI: Everyone knows how crudely Pakistani artists and singers are treated in India but this makes no difference to Pakistani singer Adnan Sami who is bent upon living in India, Geo News reported.

Recently all the property of the singer was confiscated and a ban imposed on his leaving the country following a petition in Indian high court. But, Adnan Sami is still insisting on showing his association with India.

“I will manage to live in a tent in India but can’t imagine going to back to Pakistan,” he said.

Putting in oblivion the embarrassment of the artist Rahat Fateh Ali Khan and film star Meera in India, Adnan Sami seems to consider India as his country.

Won

Can you plz send him back so we can shove a gigantic african stick down his throat.

Aray yaaro iss ko bukhsh hi do nationality, dekho bechara kab say bheek mang raha hai nationality ki, aur lo ye to tent may rehnay ko bhi tayyar hai.

His life is full of failure, marriage-divorce, marriage-divorce,i bet he will make a record in that field, atleast don't fail him in his acquiring Indian nationality, for which he is begging for long time, God forbid what will happen if his heart fails.

And, he is not a Pakistani, so please avoid to post wrong printed posts.

Now that the High Court has granted Adnan Sami permission to leave the country -- the singer's world tour begins this week -- Sami has taken the radical decision to gradually ease ties with Pakistan, his country of birth.

Who cares if he is from pakistan or not.....if someone has got talent he should be welcomed.

if we can let kasab to stay...then wats problem with this artist...:what:
he is contributing not killing..

Hello Singh Jee hello, bhai aap tou kuch ziada hi ounchay urnay lagay, but wake up he is not a Pakistani.
He is not now..but was ;)

---------- Post added at 09:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 AM ----------

if we can let kasab to stay...then wats problem with this artist...:what:
he is contributing not killing..
Oye aye tere avatar wich kudi kaun ha?:D

india should give citizenship to ADNAN SAMI , he is a great artist and enjoy's a lot of popularity in india ,we can see more pakistani artists migrating to india in future , indian entertainment industry is very big , i am sure we can absorb them , already we have seen many pakistani's performing in indian comedy and singing shows.

I liked the fat Adnan Sami to the thin one.

I like the way he sings too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom