What's new

Abbottabad, KPK

Hazara motorway

1634084618031.png

@ghazi52
I was so used to public transport having a conductor to collect fares from passengers. Conductor would thump the body of van to alert driver to stop to let passenger off.

When I went to Abbottabad, there were no conductors.
Passenger would knock on the window or the body of Suzuki pick-up, get off themselves walk to the driver to pay the fare.

I was presently surprised. Honesty of people in Abbottabad and in Soba Sarhad in general was superior to the area I am from.
People were so much nicer and humble and helpful.

One thing though, as I was not used to the higher altitude, I got a VERY severe attack of asthma in the night. Gasping for air, I ran to the window to catch fresh air.
It could be a combination of higher altitude, closed windows on the hotel, colder weather, and possibly the gases from the leaky heating system! that contributed to me getting an asthma attack.
This is a heads up for a new person going to northern areas. Be prepared and take inhalers with you :)

||||
Abbott Hotel, Taken By Eileen Greer (Nee Hopking) And Major Roderick Greer Of The 7th Gurkha Rifles, Abbottabad, NWFP, May 1921....

1647896512057.png

|||

Tonga going towards Mona Lisa Restaurant and Lady Gordon’s Garden.
Just observe that there are no vehicles on the road and the clump of trees have lined the road. Photo taken from outside the MES Office, Abbottabad, 1970 (c).

1660595457235.png

Back
Top Bottom