What's new

A100 to Pakistan

Man, i think we need more assets for navy. Army already has too much punch. Airforce too. BY 2015 we will have awesome Airforce and Army but small navy. We must have a strong Navy.

Anyway, I hope A-100s perform well in our desert environment. Any idea which units will get these? Like Multan, Bahawalpur or Karachi?

rockets loaded with guidance systems? haha~~~:disagree:

rocket of such calibre usually equipped with terminal guidance system(either a digi-gyroscope,terrain mapping,anything that will keep the rocket in path) because rocket isn't as accurate as a artillery round

but GPS inside a MLRS rocket is still under development with the US and Japan(obviously) are the only country to successfully integrated GPS guidance system in a MLRS rocket

typical large calibre MLRS(such as ASTROSS,russian mlrs,etc) has accuracy of around 100 square metres.but with GPS system one rocket has the accuracy of just above 5 square feet

Man, i think we need more assets for navy. Army already has too much punch. Airforce too. BY 2015 we will have awesome Airforce and Army but small navy. We must have a strong Navy.

Anyway, I hope A-100s perform well in our desert environment. Any idea which units will get these? Like Multan, Bahawalpur or Karachi?

I guess we need a lot more assets in PA,PN & PAF . we should never settle for less in the field of tech...cuz soon it will be our duty to command the world ..and bring them on right path bro...like shepherd commands his sheeps and keeps them on right track.This is our destiny sooner or later everybody will recognize it inshallah.
:coffee::pakistan::pdf:

Looks like a very nice copy of Russian BM-30 Smerch syestem that has a very long range, an Azerbaijani friend told me about it :)

9a52_smerch.jpg

Turkish-Chinese theatre ballistic missile syestems
Whats the difference between A100 and WS1s armaments? Both 300mm but rockets are different right?

Last edited:
Looks like a very nice copy of Russian BM-30 Smerch syestem that has a very long range, an Azerbaijani friend told me about it :)

9a52_smerch.jpg

Turkish-Chinese theatre ballistic missile syestems
Whats the difference between A100 and WS1s armaments? Both 300mm but rockets are different right?

WS-1 has many variants, the WS-1 (100KM range), 1B (180KM range), 1E (122mm rockets, 40KM range) & WS-2 (400MM rockets with 200KM range).

The major difference is the firing platform, meaning the WS-1B with supposedly 180KM range has a 4 rocket launching platform, while in the A-100 system, its 10 barrel system and can be updated to 12 barrel system as well as range can be increased by just using the improved rockets, to 150KM from 120KM, the 12 barrel 150KM is supposed to be the PHL03 MLRS (export name AR2) in the PLA service, initially they came in 10 barrel configuration known as A100 or AR1.

And am not sure, but most probably the manufacturers of both systems are also difference, WS series are from China Precision Machinery Import and Export Corporation CPMIEC, while AR series are from China Academy of Launch Vehicle CALT.

WS-1B is what is known in the Turkish Army as TR-300 "Kasırga" MLRS

dscn0136uq7.jpg

Another Pic:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_3wZSwFvZzqM/SqXmmvOqL-I/AAAAAAAADCE/XlK50jMmLb8/s1600-h/WS-2.jpg

Here, this is from cabalti about the Turkish System built with or tech given by the Chinese: http://www.defence.pk/forums/turkey...going-land-vehicle-programs-2.html#post704321

well im a big fan of this hell from above balls of fire i always wanted pakistan to buy them first than artilery from USA anyway pakistan is getting it best it will bring a ffire on enemy huge fire so they cannot come inside pakistan crusial system in war time hope pakistan buy 1000 system of these

There are 4 operational units with A-100. I am not sure which ones. bu the plan is to have 12 to 14 regiments/units with A-100.... 4 units were armed based on 2008 and i am sure more units are being deployed as we speak.

4 units wont do much more than 50 units should be put on first order they are like a fire ballls from above to our enemy drwing first blood in war with this weapon will create scare on our enemy hearts

SuperFalcon, having 18 to 24 firing vehicles is hell of a firepower. if you can fire 216 to 288, 300 mm rockets in an instance and then support system to reload them in next 7 to 8 minutes is a great deal. shoot and scoot tactics will be best for this system. What do u think ?

One unit has a huge firepower to dislodge unit easily..... getting 200+ of these vehicles is a huge plus. i am sure pakistan will move away from 122mm to 300mm tubes eventually.

having a ToT of this monster will be a huge asset for pakistani ground forces....

rocket of such calibre usually equipped with terminal guidance system(either a digi-gyroscope,terrain mapping,anything that will keep the rocket in path) because rocket isn't as accurate as a artillery round

but GPS inside a MLRS rocket is still under development with the US and Japan(obviously) are the only country to successfully integrated GPS guidance system in a MLRS rocket

typical large calibre MLRS(such as ASTROSS,russian mlrs,etc) has accuracy of around 100 square metres.but with GPS system one rocket has the accuracy of just above 5 square feet

Low-rate initial production of the M30 GMLRS rocket for the US Army began in mid-2003. Using the ER-MLRS as a basis the consortium integrated an inertial measurement unit and a global positioning system into the rocket, along with canards in the nose, enabling the GMLRS rocket to deliver a warhead to within a five-metre circular error of probability beyond 70 km. The first warhead fielded for the GMLRS carries 404 M85 DPICM submunitions.
Rocket revolution: multiple rocket launchers were originally designed to saturate area targets. The introduction of new lightweight launchers and precision-guided munitions is making them a weapon of choice for asymmetric warfare. - Free Online Libra

Israel makes AccuLAR, an autonomous, surface-to-surface GPS guided rocket based on IMI's LAR-160 artillery rocket. The missile has a range of 14-40 km. A diameter of 160 mm and a length of 3995 mm and a hit accuracy better than a CEP of 10 meters.
Accular

Here is a dumb question .. and I know its silly ....

What if we too 4-5 of these put them on a ship normal frigate or ship

9a52_smerch.jpg

And aimed at a carrier .....

What would happen on the capabilities of carrier to launch new planes in air ???

Are these rockets guided in any means to target ???

Can't we replace the frigate cannon with .. you know these kick arse rockets barrage

Can't these rocket launchers be put up in Friagtes ? They seem to pack a punch

Before induction, trials took place between A-100, WS-2 and another system and A-100 repeatedly emerged as winner on all occasions. It also has an extended range factor that enables it to reach more range than what is advertised. We have inducted sufficient amount of A-100 to secure our needs.

Before induction, trials took place between A-100, WS-2 and another system and A-100 repeatedly emerged as winner on all occasions. It also has an extended range factor that enables it to reach more range than what is advertised. We have inducted sufficient amount of A-100 to secure our needs.

And what is that " sufficient amount "?

yes if we can get the tot of this system it will be good for our armed force and we can offer to poor countries like in africa and some asia to builed their defences

Back
Top Bottom