What's new

A Tribute To ACM Mujahid Anwar Khan

The new chief will get automatically 3 years tenure after his appointment.

I would imagine Paracha would get the job if he was so intimately involved in Swift Retort and being the operational face of it I am sure it has not hurt his chances.

This does mean an "F-16 is great" mindset will be at the head of the PAF for next 3 years though.

I would imagine Paracha would get the job if he was so intimately involved in Swift Retort and being the operational face of it I am sure it has not hurt his chances.

This does mean an "F-16 is great" mindset will be at the head of the PAF for next 3 years though.
Whether its Jawwad or Haseeb both have been F-16 Jockey's.

thanks goodness we had a aggressive and competent commander on 27 Feb .. if he had his way half the IAF would have been shot down
The result would have been the same irrespective of who was in charge. PAF takes its lead from the Government and the Government said we will respond and the Air Force did. However this response had to be temperate, enough to slap someone to wake them up but not to hit them on the head with a sledge hammer. The response was appropriate and got the desired result
A,

We have 2 very capable deputies and much as we all love Haseeb both the guys will take PAF to newer heights. Best of luck and may the best man win on the day.
A

Haseeb is at no. 4, If he gets promoted would the other 3 who are senior retire immediately (like in army) or would they server until their scheduled retirement date? What is the norm in the air force about this? Anybody knows?

If it is the way of the army then it means that if one of the other three become CAS, haseeb will serve for another 1.5 years. However if haseeb is CAS then other three would retire early.

BTW, What happened to the post of vice chief of air staff?

I think once Chief will be announced then AM Aamir Masood will be next Vice Chief of Air Staff and probably the next CAS in 2024.
Haseeb is at no. 4, If he gets promoted would the other 3 who are senior retire immediately (like in army) or would they server until their scheduled retirement date? What is the norm in the air force about this? Anybody knows?

If it is the way of the army then it means that if one of the other three become CAS, haseeb will serve for another 1.5 years. However if haseeb is CAS then other three would retire early.

BTW, What happened to the post of vice chief of air staff?
Perhaps all top 4 were belongs to same batch.

I think once Chief will be announced then AM Aamir Masood will be next Vice Chief of Air Staff and probably the next CAS in 2024.
My point is there doesn't seem to be a VSAS now. IS there one now and who is it?
Perhaps all top 4 were belongs to same batch.
Only Top 3 have same retirement date (july 2021) so could be from same batch.

My point is there doesn't seem to be a VSAS now. IS there one now and who is it?
There was VCAS, i forget his name but he recently retired so CAS keeps that post open so that new CAS will appoint his own VCAS.

Only Top 3 have same retirement date (july 2021) so could be from same batch.

I think AM Haseeb Paracha 's registration date was bit later than first 3 but they belongs to same batch. If AM Haseeb Paracha sb. was from different batch then there would be more Air Marshalls or Air Vice Marshalls with same retirement date as of Haseeb Paracha sb. And also there cant be another batch in PAF academy with the interval of approximately 2 months only.

Yes my bet is on HP as well along with Javed sir. It got to be either of them for next chief role.

There was VCAS, i forget his name but he recently retired so CAS keeps that post open so that new CAS will appoint his own VCAS.

I think AM Haseeb Paracha 's registration date was bit later than first 3 but they belongs to same batch. If AM Haseeb Paracha sb. was from different batch then there would be more Air Marshalls or Air Vice Marshalls with same retirement date as of Haseeb Paracha sb. And also there cant be another batch in PAF academy with the interval of approximately 2 months only.
Air Marshal Ahmer Shehzad Leghari was appointed as VCAS in Jan 2020.

Makes sense for purposes of continuation, if both CAS and VCAS retire at same time then their replacements will have a lot to start relearning

What do you mean 2 months?? Haseeb paracha retirement date is 1.5 years after the other 3.

Is he retired or still serving? When did he retire?

The new chief will get automatically 3 years tenure after his appointment.

1973 service rules. I had to throw some options and not to fix debate on one name.

F-16 riders will remain on tiop since their seniority from the days of Vipers in PAF as compare to Thunder or any other front line AC. The argument is unfair to say like that please. The machine at the top in class, provided the best pilots so that's the case.

1973 service rules. I had to throw some options and not to fix debate on one name.

F-16 riders will remain on tiop since their seniority from the days of Vipers in PAF as compare to Thunder or any other front line AC. The argument is unfair to say like that please. The machine at the top in class, provided the best pilots so that's the case.
Agree, The best of the best get the best machine i.e F-16. So naturally we will see more contenders for the post of Chief to be F-16 Jockeys.

I do not dispute that argument, my point is that the phliosophy behind putting the best young pilots into F-16s does not mean that they will become the best CAS 30 years later.

Agree, The best of the best get the best machine i.e F-16. So naturally we will see more contenders for the post of Chief to be F-16 Jockeys.
That was the requirement back in the day. It is a lot more relaxed now when picking new Viper studs

Back
Top Bottom