What's new

A titanic power struggle in Kabul (Karzai out, Zahir Shah in?)

Asim cant give a word about a common man but my assertion comes from the media reports and shows i have been following from pakistan.

Between i remember a post of yours long back before joining here where you mentioned that you guys need to contact some network (forgot the name ) related to taliban to neutralize Indian assets. I guess change of stance

There is no change in the stance that there can be ZERO Indian influence upon Afghanistan conjuring up proxy war against Pakistan.

There is no change in the stance that there can be ZERO Indian influence upon Afghanistan conjuring up proxy war against Pakistan.

But that cannot justify for the support for Talibans...... a meance which pakistan itself is handling.

But that cannot justify for the support for Talibans...... a meance which pakistan itself is handling.
The Defence of Pakistan supersedes all else. It is the ultimate justification.

It is the same justification by which we have always proclaimed the first use of nuclear weapons. I don't like to use the Taliban as much as the other guy, but all options are open when it comes to defending Pakistan. I would prefer a non-Taliban solution, perhaps another Pashtun movement. Karzai is from a small Pashtun tribe and is not really accepted as a Pashtun. If need be we can play on that, whenever we feel Karzai is going against us... Again.

@Mods - I was under the impression that heading of a thread should match with the article posted by the thread starter.

Since the thread starter is refusing to share the link even though many members have requested multiple time and considering the heading is definitely offensive and looks like put up there for flaming do you think it make sense to lock/delete it???

I posted it. Also merged the threads.

Hawk, please note that there is no justification of not posting the links along with all news items. It must be posted.

The Defence of Pakistan supersedes all else. It is the ultimate justification.

Comments are ignored as they are kiddish and void of any rationality. Rather it perpetuates and proposes colonization of Afghanistan.

Comments are ignored as they are kiddish and void of any rationality. Rather it perpetuates and proposes colonization of Afghanistan.
...and you're deaf to the qualifying statement that it will be done in the defence of a proxy war against Pakistan?

India appears to be the biggest loser from the London conference. Not only did Pakistan succesfully manage to keep it out of key decision-making, but also offered to help train 300,000 Afghan Police and Army personnel within the next 2 years – a role that India had been whoring itself out for.

Question for you:

What is India loosing??

btw.. Karzai has rejected that offer of Pakistan to train its forces..

As they say, picture abhi baaki hai mere dost.. The diplomatic roles are not played only thru military presence in a country..

btw, there was a news article of india increasing its security forces in Afghanistan.. wasnt there..

I expect a surprise in next 7 days..

Dont count your chickens before they have crossed the road

Guys give Asim some break from cleaning your BS here all of you.

Its a reality. After Pakistan appreantly wining this time again with US agreeing to talk to Afghan fighters and possible peace can be visible due to this recent understanding between US/Pakistan/Afghan prez, so India got panic.

You have announced withdrawl then came up now with another plan to get on the back of Russia so that you can have some influence there.

So accept the reality here that India is damn desperarte to have some role by hook or by crook.

You even said India is ready to talk to ISI and Taliban.

Question for you:

What is India loosing??

btw.. Karzai has rejected that offer of Pakistan to train its forces..

As they say, picture abhi baaki hai mere dost.. The diplomatic roles are not played only thru military presence in a country..

btw, there was a news article of india increasing its security forces in Afghanistan.. wasnt there..

I expect a surprise in next 7 days..

Dont count your chickens before they have crossed the road
Karzai can be removed as well, its okay to refuse our trainers as long as the Indians leave as well. The neutrality is all that we want to achieve, not colonization.

In the wake of US, Afghan govt willingness to talk to Afghan Figters (taliban) Your comment/Indian view about Taliban carries no weight.

everybody else is talking to Taliban and taking them onboard.

Only India has problem though at one point you also changed your stance on them.

There is every justification to support Afghan Fighters because they are part of Afghanistan and have same right over taking part in country's affairs.

Karzai is not going to go anywhere for atleast a couple of years since that would put to dust, America supported democratic elections in Afg.
Haven't you been reading the news? Americans are considering Karzai as more of an obstacle in Afghanistan to their plans than supporting it.

The majority of Pakistan has never believed in good/bad Taliban distinction. In fact it is a merely overblown western media terminology and associated with us due to some people showing sympathies with them.

I can post several military and governmental statements where we had clearly stated that we will go after the Afghan Taliban after TTP are dealt with and thats exactly what has happened.

Pakistan's interests in Afghanistan is now just to keep India out so it remains what Karzai has said - a neutral ground not supporting proxy wars upon any state. If that changes at any time, Pakistan has the full right to blast its way into Afghanistan and force its way upon it as well. Since for us Pakistan comes first and we're not apologetic about it.

My theory is that India card has been used very effectively by US to ensure Pakistan stays the course against the AT. US first gave a lot of bhav to India in Afg and that turned the screws on Pakistan. Now that Pakistan is playing ball, US is tempering its support to India in Afg. The question : What is the payoff for India in this??

My theory is that India card has been used very effectively by US to ensure Pakistan stays the course against the AT. US first gave a lot of bhav to India in Afg and that turned the screws on Pakistan. Now that Pakistan is playing ball, US is tempering its support to India in Afg. The question : What is the payoff for India in this??
Haha US is crying over the capture of its "Moderate Taliban". We have not given our arrested people to anyone so all the cards remain with Pakistan.

All this "bhav" has not been offered to Pakistan. We have twisted arms and taken it! Although, I'm not going to convince you to be alert of Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom