What's new

A Saudi made fighter jet in the works??

Mosamania

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
There has been pictures circulating the Internet recently released by king abdulaziz air science technologies which shows these two pictures I would like your opinion on them please:
1304064030241.jpg

And this one
1304064031642.jpg

I realize this may not be a promise for an aircraft but I just found it interesting.

Very good if true

KSA Military budget is big they ened to invest half of it in R&D.

This is usual educational model in a wind tunnel for Aviation engineering students and it is something like 30 years old already. Made in Soviet Union.

The first picture is of a clay plastic model put up on a stand under gallery lights ( not a wind tunnel, look closely and it is not a wind tunnel at all, just a gallery room). Not an engineering model. The second picture is just an artistic drawing.

Both pictures are very similar to Iranian Saeqeh fighter plane which is itself a YF-17 based on F-5 with some ideas from F-20.

Iranian Saeqeh:

saeqeh-pic5.jpg

Saeqeh-fighter-plane-test-Tehran1.jpg

PS- By the way, this thread which has been started using just two dubious pictures with no sources whatsoever and then draws gigantic conclusions from it, should be deleted as whole not just the comments not liked. That should be more fair.

If true appears to be an attempt to reverse engineer the Hornet

This is usual educational model in a wind tunnel for Aviation engineering students and it is something like 30 years old already. Made in Soviet Union.

A Soviet model of an American aircraft used for educational purposes in KSA ?

Looks very similar to the F/A-18 Hornet
1989472.jpg

1768072.jpg

1988826.jpg

And why is it made in soviet union

i agree, looks a bit dubious, more like an F/A 18.

Back
Top Bottom