What's new

A REAL SOLUTION OF KARACHI BY PERVAIZ MUSAHARF?

Talking about un politisized police, even army have back out of Karachi Operation
http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakist...-rejects-operation-karachi-5.html#post3632285

cant see what a possible solution can be. I hope those at helm of affairs do have a plan that will work out in favor of PAKISTAN
simple TTp was trying to open a new battle ground in karachi, just to get down the preasure , which was created by PAKARMY, well i think we need to go after TTp frist even cross the boder surgical strikes?
bring MI into play in karachi, to gather un biased intell !
give army all the things they need to asmble a unpolitisized police force!

hmmm army assembling and setting up a separate force that is not politicized is a better option then direct involvement i suppose. Maybe a mix of FC and police under there supervision

hmmm army assembling and setting up a separate force that is not politicized is a better option then direct involvement i suppose. Maybe a mix of FC and police under there supervision

actully they need to put police in army,s command but politicians are affraid about it

The only solution I see about Karachi issue is

1) depoliticise the police and security agencies
2) de-weaponise the entire city
3) Form a new task force consisting of best police/rangers officers in Pakistan
4) Make them so powerful that they can't be dictated by the politicians and even arrest them if needed
5) Provide them the best weapons and resources available in the country
6) Start a targeted operation based upon the past findings about the culprits in Karachi
7) If needed, arrest every suspect for 3 weeks and see if that will make any situation better in the city

Clean up the city for once and for all and expose the culprits in the public regardless of their political influences!

You forgot 1 major thing friend, Make Anti terrorist law, setting up anti terrorists courts and conduct their trial only in these courts. Judgement in only 1 week. Hang those b@sterds so that no one dares to commit these crimes again.
Give these terrorists PUBLIC HANGING // CHOWK PE LATKAO MASOOM LOGON KA QATAL KARNE WALON KO AUR BHATTA KHORON KO.

so that means, musharaf did made them work as a tool!
azim tariq, & hakeem saeed both were urdu speakers why didnt MQM thought them urdu walla,s ? is that a sin by quran that he was born in a urdu speaking family & that all the urdu speakers are MQM walla,s
racial bassed arguments cant wash the progress & solutions made by pakarmy inthe shape of MUSHARAF!
sory again you just cant realize that , it was musharaf who made them work, why? cause MQM had no better option at that time, its the truth & we should accept it!
its funny that when his economy come in to disscussion you write it godsend, & wwhen his handling of complex issues like karachi comes you write..... the solution is not Musharraf!!!
he gave the MQM room to work by removing the issues they were having with the JI and ANP..

just write you hate him for no goddam reason, thats enough but dont make a joke out of yourself!
it doesnt matter to lose to a better argument , when your argument isnt working!
its not the matter of ego?
the MQM delivered results and its militant wing activies reduced or even ceased in some cases(many party thugs found themselves recruited as private security at malls/shopping areas/parks etc where they really did give sterling service in reducing petty crime.. even its own petty crime department slowed down).. which was the solution to Karachi.. get the parties off weapons.. and into actual work.
how many times you hve seen this happening to MQM, before?
i guss its the frist time in the history of MQM that they are in power without any fight with fedrl govt?
thats only because of musharaf, just accept it, friend!
i havnt had voted for MQM, or any other party, even for musharaf i will never going to vote, cause i am fundamently against DAMO-CRAZY!
but at the same time , we should accept the truth , write the truth, & talk & tell the truth!

First.. Im an urdu speaker.. so your racial argument falls flat.. just like that ..SPlat!!

Now.. for the last three pages you have not been able to convince me as to how Musharraf will be able to turn these things around in a day. Coming up with desperate fatwas.. and this and that.. wont change my views.. bolding the whole text wont either.
MQM has not performed for the first time.. its votes arent solely based on thuggery before.. after all.. they came to power before as well.. and during all those times the areas under MQM showed progress(or at least social assistance for the party membership)... you would have had to have lived through those times in those areas to know that. I used to live in P.E.C.Hs and MQM was there every weekend organizing cheap bazaars for food/appliances.. household goods.. etc.

Heck even in the video you posted .. Musharraf has offered no solutions other than views you might find on this very forum. So if you are looking at him as a leadership figure.. even then you are wrong. Who will follow him? Businessmen? retired officers and their families?
What about the Thousands...nay hundreds of thousands pasthuns and baloch who hate him to the core?
Will you ignore his actions with the Baloch? with the Bounties he asserts he collected on Pakistanis?
Like I said before.. you are hanging onto a memory rather than a person.. and hold the that memory personally close that you are going way over in your emotions and desperate.
If you cannot convince me, then agree to disagree.. not try to convert me by force.

Karachi issue is "who will control the private tax (bhata)", which is in billion per day , there is so much money in the under world Karachi that even criminals like TTP have their eye on it.
Under Musharraf only one party had total control on the Karachi private protection tax now PPP, MQM, ANP, Baloch, Sunni Etihad and TTP is fighting for the share in it.

Karachi issue is "who will control the private tax (bhata)", which is in billion per day , there is so much money in the under world Karachi that even criminals like TTP have their eye on it.
Under Musharraf only one party had total control on the Karachi private protection tax now PPP, MQM, ANP, Baloch, Sunni Etihad and TTP is fighting for the share in it.

during musharraf time and MQM, there was no bhatta, only surging street crime and mobile snatching etc

No operation, in Karachi. Kiyani made it clear..

yeap he did. But the point is to debate wheter we do need an operation there or not?
i am not talking about something like operation carried out in Swat or in Waziristan, these were full fledge wars. But what needs to be done is to strengthen the police, to look at the problems with any political biasedness and then go for the cure.
Whether army does it or any other department is another thing.
Point is, we cannot leave Karachi as it is these day. We all that politics are involved in all the mess and also that fact that army staying out is a good move, good for at least the army as they were the ones getting all the bashing for involvement in internal affairs. No this is an internal matter and is left for political parties to resolve. Hope people will get to know why was army poking its nose every where. Simple, because the Gov was never capable enough and that is the dilemma of Pakistan.
I feel sad that we are made to learn this lesson the hard way.

First.. Im an urdu speaker.. so your racial argument falls flat.. just like that ..SPlat!!

Now.. for the last three pages you have not been able to convince me as to how Musharraf will be able to turn these things around in a day. Coming up with desperate fatwas.. and this and that.. wont change my views.. bolding the whole text wont either.
MQM has not performed for the first time.. its votes arent solely based on thuggery before.. after all.. they came to power before as well.. and during all those times the areas under MQM showed progress(or at least social assistance for the party membership)... you would have had to have lived through those times in those areas to know that. I used to live in P.E.C.Hs and MQM was there every weekend organizing cheap bazaars for food/appliances.. household goods.. etc.

Heck even in the video you posted .. Musharraf has offered no solutions other than views you might find on this very forum. So if you are looking at him as a leadership figure.. even then you are wrong. Who will follow him? Businessmen? retired officers and their families?
What about the Thousands...nay hundreds of thousands pasthuns and baloch who hate him to the core?
Will you ignore his actions with the Baloch? with the Bounties he asserts he collected on Pakistanis?
Like I said before.. you are hanging onto a memory rather than a person.. and hold the that memory personally close that you are going way over in your emotions and desperate.
If you cannot convince me, then agree to disagree.. not try to convert me by force.

They only reason he worked is because the Dehli-wala got along with his fellows in the MQM!!! god look who is talking.
its you who brought this dehli wala, not me?

who wants to convince you?
& who said he can turn things in a day?
its just a most experinced army cheif telling & guiding the nation not more thn that?
no i dont want to convince any one , the facts are there its up to you keep living in the state of denial , in which you arent alone? Imran khan, qazi hussain , nawaz sharif & TTp all hve same mentality?

nice joke state of denial !
let me know plz from 87 till 2001, what MQM has built a few parks , gutters, a few roads, & bachat bazars?
thats what you call devlopment? & was really MQM was in power before MUSHARAF? that was only a street power surviving all the state opreations against itself , check both of PPP & PMLn tenures!
ask any MQM supporter on this fourm what MQM achived in musharaf,s rule!

god here you go racial again!
pashtuns & balochs!

what about 40,000 innocent pakistanis killed by TTp terrorists?
what about blackmailing & terrorising innocent punjabis, pashtuns, even urdu speakers killed by BLA, ohh cant see them!
all of this still happening , & musharaf is long gone, what about now , all pashtuns & baluchi hating PPP ?

sorry i disagree, with sensibility!
sory your post was very disoppointing & you end up with no argument rather thn sensless self denial of own statments!

President discusses security issues with Kayani, Raja
From the Newspaper | Khawar Ghumman | 13 hours ago
http://dawn.com/2012/11/24/president-discusses-security-issues-with-kayani-raja/

ISLAMABAD: Such is the level of security scare gripping the country during Muharram that President Asif Ali Zardari on Friday met Chief of Army Staff General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani and Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf to take stock of internal security threats.

The media wing of the president’s secretariat did not say if the president, prime minister and the COAS had a joint meeting or met separately. It issued two different press releases, which said the president discussed internal security of the country with the COAS and the prime minister.

But, the presence of the three at the presidency prompted some in the media to recall the well-known term of troika — president, prime minister and the COAS — which was frequently used during the 90s.

“In view of an unprecedented rise in suicide bombings and other terrorist activities during Muharram, the meeting focused on internal security of the country,” said a government official privy to the meeting.

Initially President Zardari and General Kayani had a one-on-one meeting, which was later joined by the prime minister, he said.

Asked if the meeting had any other agenda, he said: “As far as I know, the only issue discussed during the meeting was law and order.”

But according to a security analyst, although General Kayani on Thursday had said there was no need for a military operation in Karachi, they must have discussed ways to bring normalcy back to the city. Since there had been no let-up in the incidents of targeted killings in the city and as calls were rising for a military operation in Karachi, the issue must have been taken up during the meeting, he said.

Talking to reporters on Thursday, General Kayani had ruled out the possibility of a military operation in Karachi, saying Rangers and police were effectively discharging their duties.

About army deployment on Ashura, General Kayani said it was for the civilian government to decide when and where it needed help of the army.

The one-line press note issued on the meeting said: “Security situation was discussed during the meeting.”

The one-point agenda does make sense because Ashura, 10th of Muharram — will be on Sunday and terrorists have already attacked Majalis in Karachi. Late on Wednesday evening a suicide bomber sneaked into a mourning procession near Rawalpindi and killed more than 20 people.

With the main mourning processions planned for 10th of Muharram, the federal and the provincial governments are worried about the possibility of more terrorist attacks.

Because of the level of threat, Interior Minister Rehman Malik has announced suspension of mobile phone services in about 50 cities. A ban on pillion riding was also on the cards for Ashura.

On the other hand, provincial governments are in touch with military authorities for deployment of troops in sensitive areas.

About the meeting between the president and the prime minister, the presidency said: “Overall situation in the country, with special reference to security arrangements during Muharram, was discussed.”

Success depends on Pakistan’s commitment: US
From the Newspaper | Anwar Iqbal | 14 hours ago

Success depends on Pakistan

WASHINGTON, Nov 23: The US success in Afghanistan depends on having a Pakistan that is willing to confront terrorists, says US Secretary of Defence Leon Panetta.

In a related report, a US think-tank urges the Obama administration to scale back its relationship with Pakistan in its second term, while maintaining a long-term tie with the country.

During the Thanksgiving weekend, the Pentagon released the transcript of Secretary Panetta’s presentation at the Centre for a New American Security, Washington, showing the US defence establishment wishes to rebuild its ties with Pakistan.

Mr Panetta’s written speech was reported earlier, but the transcript also includes the remarks he made while replying to questions raised by the audience.

“Realistically, what chance will the US strategy have to succeed in 2014 if more of the safe havens aren’t dealt with more stridently than they’ve been to date?” he was asked.

“Look, in many ways the success in Afghanistan is dependent on having a Pakistan that is willing to confront terrorism on their side of the border and prevent safe havens,” Mr Panetta replied.

The US defence secretary explained that right now the US was focusing on developing a defence force in Afghanistan that’s able to provide security and can establish operational capability to confront threats on the Afghan side of the border. Having such a
force, he said, was extremely important to the future of Afghanistan.

But there were two other factors that will determine whether the United States succeeds in achieving its objectives in Afghanistan, Mr Panetta added. “Number one, we have to have an Afghanistan that can govern itself, that can move away from corruption, that can, in fact, have the capability to provide the kind of governance that you need in order to be able to truly secure that country and govern that country for the future,” he said.

“The other is Pakistan because of the safe havens in Pakistan. And the ability of terrorist groups to move across that border and to attack in Afghanistan and, obviously, the challenge that that represents.”

The US forces, he said, can take on the terrorists as they cross the border and have been doing so. “But the problem is that when they move back and escape into a safe haven, it makes it very difficult to complete the job,” Mr Panetta warned.

“So in order to really have a secure Afghanistan, ultimately Pakistan is going to have to take responsibility for taking on these terrorists and eliminating the safe havens.”

Mr Panetta said the US intended to put Afghans in the lead throughout the country for security in mid-2013 and by the end of 2014; they would ultimately have full responsibility for security. But he warned that this should not be interpreted as America’s willingness to abandon Afghanistan.

“After 2014, the United States has made clear through a strategic partnership agreement, that we will maintain an enduring presence, and a long-term commitment to Afghan security,” he said, noting that Nato also made a similar commitment to a post-2014 Afghanistan at the Chicago summit in May.

“All of this sends a very simple, and a very powerful message, to Al Qaeda, to the Taliban, and to the violent extremist groups who want to regain a safe haven in Afghanistan: we are not going anywhere,” said the US defence secretary. “Our commitment to Afghanistan is long-term, and you cannot wait us out.”

Mr Panetta said it was important to send this signal because Al Qaeda, the Taliban, and other associated forces under pressure in Pakistan, continued to view the rugged terrain of north-eastern Afghanistan, especially Kunar and Nuristan provinces, as a viable safe haven.

“A relentless and effective counter-terrorism effort, conducted by our Special Operations Forces this year, made clear that we will not allow them to regain that sanctuary,” he said.

In a policy brief, ‘Salvaging a Troubled Marriage: Lessons for US-Pakistan Relations’, Michael Kugelman of the Woodrow Wilson Centre, Washington, argued for a scaled back but long-term relationship with Pakistan.

“In refashioning US-Pakistan policy, policymakers should bear in mind three key lessons. First, neither side exerts much influence over the other; second, limited opportunities for cooperation with official Pakistan should be seized; and third, coercive diplomacy has little utility,” he wrote. Mr Kugelman also underlined the need for engaging Pakistan’s private sector and the young urban middle class, as they will play a “key role” in the longer term.

Back
Top Bottom