What's new

A Q Khan blames Musharraf for Pakistan's woes

"The same ignorant nuclear writers who have been writing extensively on the nuclear programme have also failed to comprehend the fact that Pakistan with its research and power reactor at PINSTECH became capable of developing nuclear weapons in two different ways without the help of AQ Khan. Before 1974, if Pakistan wanted, uranium used for reactor fuel could be set aside for further enrichment to weapon grade using variety of methods that had been completely and practically understood and mastered at PINSTECH as early as 1974. They are unable to realize that PAEC was capable to produce unstable plutonium (PU-239) from nuclear reactor and don't want to acknowledge that PAEC had crossed the threshold in several underlying technologies in early seventies, when Munir Ahmed Khan was PAEC chairman."
Owl's Tree: Pakistani Nuclear Program 3-5

Probably a better article.

Well said RR. AQ damaged Pakistan more than anybody else but the comman simple Pakistani don't understand that. Gen M was 10 times better than AQ.

Regards

I heard same stories about AQ Khan from people who know him well. A selfish individual and always claiming to be the only person who made this bomb. Infact, there were so many other scientists. He also kept several dozen of official cars for personal use. Misuse of his authority. He used to provide these vehicles to media people as well so his image as a HERO is well taken care off in newspapers.

Bhai .
Ithink you need to start seeing this world in grey rather than black and white. When Pakistans nuclear programme came out into the open, itneeded a face to represent it. AQKhan was chosen for the job/ or presented himself. He utilized his position to gain various favours. People in the power utilized him for various shady deals whichh he agreed to doing so that he could reatain his position as the father of the Pak bomb. When there was trouble, people made him the escape goatand he had to agree to save his skin. With his new found freedom, he is getting his own back.I think this is it in a nutshell.
WaSalam
Araz

Its amazaing to see how various things can become so confusing... Mr X or Mr Y... whats the debate about... if you wanna give credit to anyone ...give it to Almighty Allah who made us capable of reaching to these heights.
My teacher said and I quote, "if we could genuinly take credit for something as a Muslim country/nation then its our weaponary, which is a matter of pride for complete Umma"
( although many believe "credit for Umma" as a pathway to proliferation")
We have had so many people working on various projects but nobody has ever been targetted like Dr. Khan.. why??
If he did not make the bomb then why he is the target .... it should be the guys who did the job.
If somebody else did it before he could then they must have been ignorant of their achievement themselves ....cause you gotta be stupid to let go the name and fame if you accomplish a miracle.
I think we should stop confusing this issue anymore and start concentrating on what to do next cause I just read a report that Pakistan need 168 years to become a developed country. The challenge gets even tougher when you know that your neighbour needs half of that.

Dr.Khan is as much of the father of the nuclear bomb as Quaid-I-Azam is father of the nation.

Now Mush lovies have gone to the extent of calling a Hero AQ Khan a thief just bcz he confronted Mush.

the fact of the matter is that AQ KHAN has now publically denied being involved in the proliferation and has stated it EXPLICITLY that he has taken all of this Blame.

Just to protect pakistan.To protect Army.Bcz in fact these were the army generals who proliferated this things to N.Korea ,Libya Iran.AQ KHAN said that bcz of him the blame did not come on country and the army.

They might have done it bcz they were getting Missile parts from N.korea,money from iran to fund some thing or WHAT EVER.

But he did say that he was given some ASSURANCE in return for him becoming a SCAPE GOAT.That assurance was probably not to harm him.

BUT MUSH KEPT HIM UNDER HOUSE ARREST.BROKE THE ASSURANCE.

After which AQ khan had to say that he was Deceived.

Shame on Mushy for first deceiving a and lying to a Hero and then his lovies for calling AQ KHAN a Thief.As he did not proliferate .

To Indian and Pakistani forum members look at this interview.
Capital Talk - 19 December 07 : Pakistan Politics

Now what you guys say, its only AQ Khan ?. We forget thousands of heros. Who worked way before AQ Khan came Pakistan.

NO doubt about it, I watched this episode, but I already know AQ was scientist of the Atomic program that is about it, he was no mother neither a father. He was sexed up by Zia during a gathering in Pakistan, he introduced AQ to a famous Indian journalist and told AQ to say that Pakistan is ready to test its the nuke, this was it from there on AQ, was made daddy of the entire Atomic Program.

What this thread represents is what AQ now is telling us, it really has nothing to do with who built the bomb, essentially I see AQ telling the press that Musharraf having a hand in the proliferation of nuclear weapons, quite shocking and it might be true to some extent bearing in mind that AQ was part of this great conspiracy.

Well you and I both agree that Dr.Khan was not the only one responsible for the weapons passed onto Korea, Libya and Iran. I mean everyone knew what was going on, but he was blamed for everything.
Now as far as sexing up Dr.Khan. It is true he gained most of his fame during President Zia's era. But I can recall Dr.Khan walking into a meeting. Now this meeting was taking place between Bhutto and his cabinet. During that meeting Dr.Khan laid down his demands. The demands were no checks and balances were to be kept on him and only then would he agree to build us the bomb. Now if it was Zia or Bhutto who sexed him up is up your own opinion. But he did do something for which he deserves to be praised for. Now does it really matter who sexed up who. I mean this is the past and a past which has no effect on the future.

It is a mattar who sexed him up, Bhutto designed the Atomic Program it is on record he himself hand picked all members of the Program and he interviewed AQ on the telephone in Dubai for some reason he was there, Bhutto placed complete secracy over the Program, infact the Atomic Program was initiated during Yahya Khan tenure, however, Bhutto was the man who initiated the program and later he became chairman over the entire system of how to get resources and so on.

What I said bout Zia sexing up AQ is history and isn't my word but concrete evidance.

We know that there are many other scientists than AQ Khan and they too are heroes like Samr Mubarakmand .

But the point is AQ KHAN did have a BIG BIG role to play in nuclear program.

So he just cant be disposed off like tissue paper and then jailed by Mushy.

Go and ask Pakistani People how much they love him .
as compared to Mush.

It is a mattar who sexed him up, Bhutto designed the Atomic Program it is on record he himself hand picked all members of the Program and he interviewed AQ on the telephone in Dubai for some reason he was there, Bhutto placed complete secracy over the Program, infact the Atomic Program was initiated during Yahya Khan tenure, however, Bhutto was the man who initiated the program and later he became chairman over the entire system of how to get resources and so on.
What I said bout Zia sexing up AQ is history and isn't my word but concrete evidance.

I am sorry but I disagree. It is true Bhutto really took our nuclear program to new heights, but what I said about Dr. Khan's demands is also true. The fact is every single government from Bhutto till today has sexed him up. And as far as I am concerned I thought the Atomic Program was initiated during President Ayub's tenure.

We know that there are many other scientists than AQ Khan and they too are heroes like Samr Mubarakmand .

But the point is AQ KHAN did have a BIG BIG role to play in nuclear program.

So he just cant be disposed off like tissue paper and then jailed by Mushy.

Go and ask Pakistani People how much they love him .
as compared to Mush.

He is retired and has cancer, there much better metallurgist in Pakistan now then him, things have changed technology has changed yes he was a part of the program and that is about it.

I am sorry but I disagree. It is true Bhutto really took our nuclear program to new heights, but what I said about Dr. Khan's demands is also true. The fact is every single government from Bhutto till today has sexed him up. And as far as I am concerned I thought the Atomic Program was initiated during President Ayub's tenure.

I didn't understand you? Explain.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom