What's new

A Proud Pakistani Female Wants to join the Army

A True Pakistani

New Recruit

Reaction score
I heard beginning of this year that the pakistan army is accepting female candidates in the army for positions other than medical related.

I would love to join the army. I do not have a medical background but I studied business subjects and lived outside of pakistan most of my life. I am seriously considering moving back to Pakistan. I am in pakistan these days and wish to join the army. Can someone please tell me what procedure I need to go through. Where should I go for that? From where can I get the application forms from and where to submit?

In simple words, I need to know the procedure for a female candidate to join the armed forced of pakistan. I studied business (MBA Finance) outside of pakistan but I went through the women cadet training during HSC and made it to the semi finals for the best firer's award. So please someone provide me as much info as possible. What is their criteria?

Please help.

By the sound of it you've got will power. It is nice to know that you are interested. I am currently in US. Where were you outside of Pakistan.:pakistan:

I heard beginning of this year that the pakistan army is accepting female candidates in the army for positions other than medical related.

I would love to join the army. I do not have a medical background but I studied business subjects and lived outside of pakistan most of my life. I am seriously considering moving back to Pakistan. I am in pakistan these days and wish to join the army. Can someone please tell me what procedure I need to go through. Where should I go for that? From where can I get the application forms from and where to submit?

In simple words, I need to know the procedure for a female candidate to join the armed forced of pakistan. I studied business (MBA Finance) outside of pakistan but I went through the women cadet training during HSC and made it to the semi finals for the best firer's award. So please someone provide me as much info as possible. What is their criteria?

Please help.

Woah a proud female Pakistani. Thats nice to see on this women starved site... :D

I think you should visit the nearest selection center to find out the relevant info on procedures to join the Pak Army. This website should prove usefull: Pakistan Army

Though I clicked on the commissioned officer link under careers and the criteria field says:

NATIONALITY. Male citizen of Pakistan or Azad Kashmir Domiciles and state subjects of class – I.

I am not sure if they've simply not updated the site or whether women are still not allowed to join as regular officers in the PA. Also, can anyone tell me what class-I citizen is? Do we classify our citizens? According to what?

Good luck in joining the army. It's nice to know that a female patriot wants to serve her country.

Welcome aboard True Pakistani Baji, we need more women like you. :enjoy:
Keep up the spirit!

Neo :sniper:

I think we guys here need to team up, and create a site on joining armed forces of Pakistan. You simply cant miss the stars who really want to shine!

Contact me peeeeeeeeeeeeeeps! Lets create it. www.join.defence.pk

:D :pakistan:

2180 reputation credits for just 3 posts...?? :confused:
Being a woman certainly has some advantages...:disagree: :P

Well an evaluation is going on whether women can be a good addition to the combat corps or not.

You should try out and you can expect some resistance. I would suggest you show some persistence and try to find someone who would be interested in trying you out. You know from the story below that they are seriously considering this. You will have to start small and work your way up.

Alternatively if you have a Masters degree you can also become a teacher.

Islamabad, April 22 (DPA) Pakistan's army will soon start recruiting women officers for active combat duty, a senior military official said.

In the beginning, we will induct some 30 women cadets (for regular commission as officers) in the army's corps of signals, electrical and mechanical engineering (EME) and the legal branch,' the Associated Press of Pakistan (APP) Saturday quoted chief military spokesman Major General Shaukat Sultan as saying.

This will be the first exposure of women to these 'highly technical' branches of the army, he told the agency.

Sultan said induction of women officers in combat corps would be considered after evaluating performance of these 30 cadets, who would get commission in the army on completion of their studies and military training.

While women doctors and nurses are already serving the army's medical corps, they have never been part of any combat force in the over 500,000-strong army, comprising mainly infantry, armoured corps and artillery.

For the first time in its history, the army also inducted a Pakistani Sikh, as a cadet in the Pakistan military academy (PMA), some 125 km north of Islamabad.

The cadet, identified as Harcharan Singh, is set to graduate as Second Lieutenant in October 2007.

Non-Muslim minorities make some three percent of Pakistan's roughly 155 million population. Minorities' representation in the armed forces is equally low, and only a few Christian officers and soldiers are serving the forces.

Meanwhile, Pakistan Air Force (PAF) for the first time commissioned four women combat fliers in its general duty pilots (GDP) branch last month.

On April 13, two under-training female cadets of the PAF academy became the first Pakistani women to complete a Para-jumping course.

yar ya Pakistan army ko khrab karna ke koshos ha. female cadets wahan per be lips stick he istmail kar te hain koi traning nahi karte . agar inko army main ana ka itna he shoke ha to in ko b who he traning milne chya jo larkoon ke traning hote ha . na ka inko larke hona ke waja sa relaxmint di jay. agar army main ana ha to army officer bin kar ayn . without traning officer bun jayn. agar larkoon wali traning nahi kar sakt to ghar main bath kar aram karain

2180 reputation credits for just 3 posts...?? :confused:
Being a woman certainly has some advantages...:disagree: :P

A True Pakistani your on you way to becoming a well known minority on this forum. oh by the way where were you outside Pakistan. Actually I am in USA at the moment.:pakistan:

PakistaniPatriot, I grew up in the middle east but during the time I was in the process of deciding which direction to go to career-wise, I checked but I came to know that the only field pakistani army accepts applications from females was in the medical field as doctors, nurses, etc. but I hated medical subjects those days. I passed biology with passing marks whereas maths, physics, chemistry all A grades. I completed pre-engineering in 1994 and my dream to join the army as a soldier or anything other than a doctor/nurse was never materialized. I know I would have convinced my father to let me join the army those days but unfortuntaely only after more than a decade pakistani govt. has realised that women can become good soldiers too. I was so glad to know this but I hope it is not too late for me now due to age factor (I am 30 now).

Asim Aquil, thank you for the piece of information.

solid snake, how many selection centres are there in lahore? Where can I go? What is their criteria for women candidates and from where can I get the application forms? someone told me I MUST attempt CSS(?) exams?

Every one else, all of you, thank you for your comments and moral support.

I hate to be the one to throw water on this but I would consider what this is going to cost you and I don't mean career wise. Unless you're aiming for a desk job, I can guarantee you that you will need knee surgery within 3 years and a bad back within 5. They don't call war a young man's game for no reason.

Back
Top Bottom