What's new

A nation Hangs between religion and secularism !

Trying to appease minorities is not secular!!!
Secular means everyone is equal irrespective of religion...
I dont think india is in that stage...

Certain political parties may have done a lot of minority appeasement, and certain parties have done majority appeasement, but I said the nation state of India, which is legally, constitutionally secular. Indeed, the preamble of our constitution makes that explicit, not to mention several passages within it.

So the govt of India cannot impose any religious laws, no matter which party is in power. Pandering to vote bases is a different thing, and just because political parties do so doesn't mean that India is not a secular entity.

A liberal Islamic Republic, if that sounds more politically correct.

What I meant was that the Government must have a secular culture, but it can promote the interests of Islam, like subsidizing Hajj pilgrimages, organizing more discourses on Islam, supervizing the content taught in Madrasas, incorporating limited aspects of Sharia that are in tune with modern values etc.

I guess Indians are obsessed with Pakistan, thus they take more interest in Pakistani threads regarding our internal affairs, on a Pakistani site, than their own....

I guess Indians are obsessed with Pakistan, thus they take more interest in Pakistani threads regarding our internal affairs, on a Pakistani site, than their own....

And what exactly is wrong with it? Who's stopping you from joining Indian forums and giving a piece of your mind there?

Haven't you heard the phrase, Keep your friends close, but your best friends closer? :p:

And what exactly is wrong with it? Who's stopping you from joining Indian forums and giving a piece of your mind there?

Haven't you heard the phrase, Keep your friends close, but your best friends closer? :p:

No, I am not obsessed with India. This is a Pakistani site and a Pakistani thread. I see you are obsessed with Pakistan, joined a Pakistani site, and started butting in our internal affairs, which is non of your business.

Like a typical Indian who is obsessed with Pakistan..

I dont think its pakistan site...
This domain is registered in America....

I doubt there is a debate at all. Since majority is Muslim, and want a Muslim state in which Muslims will always remain dominant. Pro "secularism" are just a minority.

If majority are Muslims,

then they are "dominant" by definition.

No?

No, I am not obsessed with India. This is a Pakistani site and a Pakistani thread. I see you are obsessed with Pakistan, joined a Pakistani site, and started butting in our internal affairs, which is non of your business.

Like a typical Indian who is obsessed with Pakistan..

If you have anything to contribute to the content of this thread, please do so. Otherwise, don't bother me with your asininity.

You must be one of those children who don't share their candies even with their own brothers.:lol:

If majority are Muslims,

then they are "dominant" by definition.

No?

Yes they are. And the majority wants to make "sure" they remain the dominant.

I am not talking about regarding violence against minorities just because they believe in the tooth fairy. I am talking about dominant in the power structure of the state. like Bureaucracy, etc.

Back
Top Bottom