What's new

A JF-17 equipped with Aselpod & SOM cruise missiles ?

Calm down dude...there is a lot going on the Ra'ad project and that's much better than any other option including the SOM. Ra'ad uses more advanced systems of navigation and with nuke capability, it is hell of a weapon. However one major area where more can be done is the engine development. Ra'ad has a stated range of 350 km with current engine which as an ALCM is not bad but should be improved.

Ra'ad II will fit J-31's internal bays.
Bro, this is the problem. Everything you just wrote (about Ra'ad II) is a good analysis, but it isn't fact, it's just your perspective. Yes, it's well informed, but such a perspective can never replace a hard fact unless it is confirmed by the authorities. Also, nothing you wrote actually disputes my points - what about the Ra'ad weight? Why hasn't been cleared for the JF-17 yet? What, we don't want to show it off even though we showed off having ALCMs to begin with?

If tomorrow we see this Ra'ad II with a lighter body and more range, then yes, I will embrace it for what it is and stop my fingers from typing about the SOM. However, until that is the case, we can't use an analysis of the Ra'ad program as a means to disqualify the SOM or other options.

For example, I can claim that because the Ra'ad's range is 350km, it is possible that we are producing its micro turbojet, which is a huge plus since Turkey currently imports the turbojet for SOM. But this is just a claim. It makes lots of sense and could be true, but until NESCOM or AWC confirm this is to be the case, I can't go around throwing this above the SOM.

Last edited:
Although going off-topic.
But the fact is that Musharraf did ban more than two terms for a prime minister which would have ruled out Nawaz Sharif and Benazir Bhutto but it was under pressure from your country that he had to change that rule.
The US itself plays a big role in continuing " the feudal grip and corrupted two party hereditary system that hinders economic growth" (as you put it).

The truth is, the Pakistani elite whether military or political readily embrace these demands for personal reason. America can't force Pakistan to go against its own democratic charters and constitution. Same excuse given for drone strikes. Truth is Pakistan doesn't want to end drone strikes for whatever reason, yet publicly Pakistani leaders front fantastic outrages. Truth is both the military and political elite are on board.

Thanks for the very well detailed post. There are very few non western countries that are currently engaged as much R&D and production of cutting edge technology like Turkey. It will be very exciting to see where Turkey is in a decade. An excellent example for Pakistan both technological and economic development. I have always said Turkish military coups fundamentally reset and reconfigure Turkish political older while in Pakistan, military coups continuously preserve and energize the old failed political order.

Golden post....Specially last sentence. I as a Pakistani agree.

Bro, this is the problem. Everything you just wrote (about Ra'ad II) is a good analysis, but it isn't fact, it's just your perspective. Yes, it's well informed, but such a perspective can never replace a hard fact unless it is confirmed by the authorities. Also, nothing you wrote actually disputes my points - what about the Ra'ad weight? Why hasn't been cleared for the JF-17 yet? What, we don't want to show it off even though we showed off having ALCMs to begin with?

If tomorrow we see this Ra'ad II with a lighter body and more range, then yes, I will embrace it for what it is and stop my fingers from typing about the SOM. However, until that is the case, we can't use an analysis of the Ra'ad program as a means to disqualify the SOM or other options.

For example, I can claim that because the Ra'ad's range is 350km, it is possible that we are producing its micro turbojet, which is a huge plus since Turkey currently imports the turbojet for SOM. But this is just a claim. It makes lots of sense and could be true, but until NESCOM or AWC confirm this is to be the case, I can't go around throwing this above the SOM.
Sir, I wrote about Ra'ad and only one sentence about Ra'ad II that it will fit J-31 or any fifth airplane Pakistan develops. The problem is that these organisations are not interested in going public with details even for not so secret projects..they don't have their versions of ISPRs to confirm, for that matter, or even deny a news article. All the info made public has to get approval from the above and announced through a proper channel. For example, even the tests are announced through ISPR.

it is possible that we are producing its micro turbojet, which is a huge plus since Turkey currently imports the turbojet for SOM. But this is just a claim. It makes lots of sense and could be true, but until NESCOM or AWC confirm this is to be the case, I can't go around throwing this above the SOM.

According to latest reports from industry, Kale Aero, designed developed domestic turbo-jet engine called Kale-3500, delivered two working prototypes to officials in June 2016.

img_0811.jpg

KALE-3500 design
-Diameter: 300mm
-Length: 700mm
-Weight: 48kg
-Power: 3,2kN Standart, 3,5kN Maximum Thrust

French MicroTurbo TRI-40 turbojet
Length: 680 mm
Diameter: 280 mm
Dry weight: 44 kg
Maximum thrust: 2.5-3.3 kN (560-750 lbf)

KaleAero and SSM is planning to sign a new agreement this months for development of more powerful turbo-jet project equal thrust to more or less TRI-50.

Raad is yours,doing its job and you can do whatever you want with it.So it is the best for you.
Theese missiles use very high technology to find its target which i think SOM is better in that term.Carrying a missile is something(engine) but finding its target is something else(gps,ins etc etc)
If SOM can reach 800+ km range,it is perfect.We can work on the surface to surface varients.The altitude is also important about this missiles when it is released.For example if an f-16 can't reach the altitude to shoot Raad,so you don't need to integrate it to F-16s.
Turkey has many things to learn about missiles from Pakistan.
Producing western-quality products is our one another goal.

why pakistan is not using or spending money on R&D on turbo jets for cruise missile it can extent range and reduce weight simple i have no idea what pakistani scientist are thinking or they are just getting paid for doing nothing

Raad is yours,doing its job and you can do whatever you want with it.So it is the best for you.
Theese missiles use very high technology to find its target which i think SOM is better in that term.Carrying a missile is something(engine) but finding its target is something else(gps,ins etc etc)
If SOM can reach 800+ km range,it is perfect.We can work on the surface to surface varients.The altitude is also important about this missiles when it is released.For example if an f-16 can't reach the altitude to shoot Raad,so you don't need to integrate it to F-16s.
Turkey has many things to learn about missiles from Pakistan.
Producing western-quality products is our one another goal.

All the best to Turkey and Pakistan..... :-)

It is heartening to see the progress made by Turkish defense industry. Both Pakistan and Turkish should enhance ties in all the fields including R&D for defense systems. One area where both nations can benefit is aircraft engine development. Pakistan has some engine development and testing facilities but these need to be further developed.

It is interesting that we started our rocket program with chinese varients but not R.D helf from pakistan.It is so interesting.**** and Ukranian friends has super-duper rocket programs but needed to want the help of China.
I think if something were to be done,that would be done already.

Back
Top Bottom