What's new

A hypothetical scenario: India vs UK

Maira La

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
I was wondering, in a purely hypothetical scenario, what happens if India had to fight UK for whatever reason?

It doesn't matter much larger or technologically advanced Indian army is, war is also a test of psychological fitness.

Can Indian soldiers fight Britain knowing they're fighting people who made their country? I suppose nations like Iranians, Chinese or Japanese wouldn't deal with this kind of mental struggle if they had to fight the West.

I was wondering, in a purely hypothetical scenario, what happens if India had to fight UK for whatever reason?

It doesn't matter much larger or technologically advanced Indian army is, war is also a test of psychological fitness.

Can Indian soldiers fight Britain knowing they're fighting people who made their country? I suppose nations like Iranians, Chinese or Japanese wouldn't deal with this kind of mental struggle if they had to fight the West.
In a modern war between nations it comes down to reach and logistics to support said reach.

What capability India possesses to damage UK vs UKs ability to damage India.

Today, even reduced, UK possesses strategic geographical advantage over India, frees up its resources to focus exclusively on an expeditiary force whereas India has to dedicate significant resources to safeguard its borders.

Currently, On reach alone, be it economic, military or political Uk still posseses the capability to damage us more than what we can do to them.

With Indias growing economic might the equation would change but geographical factors and its implications on military considerations would stay constant.

In a modern war between nations it comes down to reach and logistics to support said reach.

What capability India possesses to damage UK vs UKs ability to damage India.

Today, even reduced, UK possesses strategic geographical advantage over India, frees up its resources to focus exclusively on an expeditiary force whereas India has to dedicate significant resources to safeguard its borders.

Currently, On reach alone, be it economic, military or political Uk still posseses the capability to damage us more than what we can do to them.

With Indias growing economic might the equation would change but geographical factors and its implications on military considerations would stay constant.
UK can project force it wants to
India has a defensive force it is good for defence not offence far from home.
Anyways there's no animosity between India and the UK, colonial past aside both countries get along well.

Not a problem. Indian soldiers happily fought the Brits as part of the INA in the second world war. On the side of the Japanese. Not so much the Germans.

Back
Top Bottom