What's new

A humble suggestion to make PDF even more useful

An off beat suggestion here..When we are talking about preventing trolling due to posts that are religious in nature, we have to understand that most of the difference in opinion in PDF is based on religious mindset...So if the fundamental difference in opinion is due to the inheret bias of religion then what can you do to prevent it..
Take for example, the allignment in troll threads are based on Muslim Hindu, Sunni Shia, Arab and Iranians....The only area where i do not see any religious trolling where debate is between China US or India and China, Pakistan and Afganistan...
So it is good to say that religious trolling r nt allowed....but how do u differentiate these factors..

India and Pakistan were separated because of the religion. Every Indo-Pak discussion will have a religious dimension to it whether one likes it or not.

An off beat suggestion here..When we are talking about preventing trolling due to posts that are religious in nature, we have to understand that most of the difference in opinion in PDF is based on religious mindset...So if the fundamental difference in opinion is due to the inheret bias of religion then what can you do to prevent it..
Take for example, the allignment in troll threads are based on Muslim Hindu, Sunni Shia, Arab and Iranians....The only area where i do not see any religious trolling where debate is between China US or India and China, Pakistan and Afganistan...
So it is good to say that religious trolling r nt allowed....but how do u differentiate these factors..

Making threads seniors only is useless
There are senior trolls, harder to catch as they play with words and are more subtle.

Just an opinion.
False flag trolls n their dupe accounts should be perma banned once detected but am not sure if the latter is possible due to some masking ip.
many multiple ID people are banned....But @WebMaster can give you more insight to that!

@waz

Its either trolling or not trolling. Not allowed on certain tagged(strict) threads(for all, at all).

I think they made senior section for that but unfortunately even that is not spared much!
I don't see how that would work. Seniority is decided by number of posts and trolls tend to achieve senior status way before a normal poster, just cause of sheer volume of yapping.

Seniority is decided by number of posts and trolls tend to achieve senior status way before a normal poster, just cause of sheer volume of yapping.
This is why I delete posts after giving them a negative rating....Negative rating for being troll-ish in nature and deleting the post to bring post count down....

I am noticing trolling on this forum since the day I joined this forum. But I am reading threads on this forum since many years before joining.

Before, it were more knowledge based threads on this forum. People used to discuss ideas about different defense technologies. Now its some what different. And it is this trend that people post more threads just for trolling more than ever now.

My suggestion is to activate "strict mode" for some threads. In strict threads, people will only post regarding topic, no personal religious attacks , no side talks etc should be allowed on those threads.
But how to implement that? There may be many ways to do that but two of them(but not limited to) are simple.

1) Thread, in strict mode should be posted with a suffix "strict"
2) In website, strict mode can be enabled(website format needs to changed a little or a small tick box may also do).

In strict threads, tolerance level should be zero.
By this, we can attract a large number of knowledgeable guys around the globe to participate, who currently don't participate just because of trolling.

Btw, trolling is also healthy :-), but there should be some method that the guys who don't want to indulge in trolling may easily avoid it, and may feel easy with this forum(which many don't feel now).

Let's make this forum, even greater.

@maximuswarrior @Indus Pakistan @Maarkhoor
@ghazi52 @OsmanAli98 @BHarwana @Tps43 @Rahil khan @N.Siddiqui
It would be very kind of the board if it pays no heed to all this. Such great quality jokes. Brings umpteen smiles to everybody's face. I am convinced the standard of PDF humour is greatest on the entire planet.

It would be very kind of the board if it pays no heed to all this. Such great quality jokes. Brings umpteen smiles to everybody's face. I am convinced the standard of PDF humour is greatest on the entire planet.
Larky, tumhain aadat perh gai hai gandagi ki. Isi chez se nikalna hai hamain.

10 educated guys not enough for google adsense .forum need 100 trolls for.more click per pay and ads .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom