What's new

A Good Taliban, Bad Taliban Strategy for the US and Afghanistan?

pakistani342

Reaction score
Country
United States
@A-Team -- btw, it is being reported that Afghanistan is playing good Taliban and bad Taliban too -- I guess now it must be OK?

As you can see this is being reported by the same credible sources who claim Pakistan is following a good Taliban and bad Taliban policy.

Article here, other can be found on WSJ, etc.

-------

With the wreckage of Taliban leader Mullah Akhtar Mansour’s taxi only just beginning to cool in southern Pakistan, the Wall Street Journal revealed on Sunday that Afghan and U.S. intelligence were providing financial and military support to a “breakaway” Taliban faction in southwestern Afghanistan led by veteran insurgent commander Mullah Mohammed Rasool.

In the piece, U.S. and Afghan officials claim that this faction is more likely to engage in peace talks, a wishful sentiment contradicted by Rasool himself. In an interview in February, he comes across as very eager to see Mansour out of the picture and equally intent on ensuring that his long time foreign patron, Iran, whose intelligence services are more active inside Afghanistan than at any time since 2001, has a greater say in future peace talks. Since late last year, his faction has been linked to the Islamic State—a charge Rasool denies, though he ison record as supporting his Daesh “brothers” as long as they remain out of Afghanistan.

I am sure they will come up with some intergalactic dimensional logic to justify their hypocrisy....:tsk:

I fully support the Good Taliban vs Bad Taliban distinction.

Good Taliban = Dead Taliban
Bad Taliban = Alive Taliban
:D

What do you say about those Afghans who do not like that their country has been invaded by foreign hosts and are taking up arms to fight them? Would this be considered terrorism? What do you say about those Afghans who do not like that other Afghans have collborated with the foreign hosts in their occupation and governance of Afghanistan?

@A-Team -- btw, it is being reported that Afghanistan is playing good Taliban and bad Taliban too -- I guess now it must be OK?

As you can see this is being reported by the same credible sources who claim Pakistan is following a good Taliban and bad Taliban policy.

Article here, other can be found on WSJ, etc.

-------

With the wreckage of Taliban leader Mullah Akhtar Mansour’s taxi only just beginning to cool in southern Pakistan, the Wall Street Journal revealed on Sunday that Afghan and U.S. intelligence were providing financial and military support to a “breakaway” Taliban faction in southwestern Afghanistan led by veteran insurgent commander Mullah Mohammed Rasool.

In the piece, U.S. and Afghan officials claim that this faction is more likely to engage in peace talks, a wishful sentiment contradicted by Rasool himself. In an interview in February, he comes across as very eager to see Mansour out of the picture and equally intent on ensuring that his long time foreign patron, Iran, whose intelligence services are more active inside Afghanistan than at any time since 2001, has a greater say in future peace talks. Since late last year, his faction has been linked to the Islamic State—a charge Rasool denies, though he ison record as supporting his Daesh “brothers” as long as they remain out of Afghanistan.

It is just a waste of time effort by the NUG, the Talis whichever faction needs to be destroyed militarily.

You use one faction against the other, next day the same faction becomes a headache. I think Pakistan which used the same exercise found it out that you cant talk these people, the only way is to defeat them with a miltary force.

pakistan and afghanistan should organise a match btw good and bad side of greatest game ever invented by unknown genius of subcontinent yes i mean the mighty """akaar baakar bombay bow""

It is just a waste of time effort by the NUG, the Talis whichever faction needs to be destroyed militarily.

You use one faction against the other, next day the same faction becomes a headache. I think Pakistan which used the same exercise found it out that you cant talk these people, the only way is to defeat them with a miltary force.

I think both Pakistan and Afghan states are perpetually paranoid of each other -- it is a lack of leadership and vision on the part of the elites of Afghanistan and Pakistan.

What do you say about those Afghans who do not like that their country has been invaded by foreign hosts and are taking up arms to fight them? Would this be considered terrorism? What do you say about those Afghans who do not like that other Afghans have collborated with the foreign hosts in their occupation and governance of Afghanistan?

I would say to them it is their fault as they (Taliban) gave sanctuary to terrorists (OBL, AQ), forced their version of Islam on others, tried to destroy the heritage of the nation, killed Najibullah without a fair trial et etc.
Thus laying the foundations for foreigners to take advantage of the situation.

I would say to them it is their fault as they (Taliban) gave sanctuary to terrorists (OBL, AQ), forced their version of Islam on others, tried to destroy the heritage of the nation, killed Najibullah without a fair trial et etc.
Thus laying the foundations for foreigners to take advantage of the situation.

Assuming that OBL and AQ were really behind the 9/11 attacks: does that mean then they should not resist the foreign hosts? That they should accept their military presence? That they should co-operate with the foreign hosts because they "invited" them due their unjust policies and if they do resist they are in the wrong?

NATO invaded Afghanistan and the alleged reason they gave was OBL & AQ. NATO did not say that they are invading to protect Afghanistan's national heritage or right the wrongs committed against her previous rulers.

By the way do you accept the narrative presented by the US regarding 9/11 without question and without critically analysing it?

Assuming that OBL and AQ were really behind the 9/11 attacks: does that mean then they should not resist the foreign hosts? That they should accept their military presence? That they should co-operate with the foreign hosts because they "invited" them due their unjust policies and if they do resist they are in the wrong?

NATO invaded Afghanistan and the alleged reason they gave was OBL & AQ. NATO did not say that they are invading to protect Afghanistan's national heritage or right the wrongs committed against her previous rulers.

By the way do you accept the narrative presented by the US regarding 9/11 without question and without critically analysing it?

Regardless of the history, the presence of US / NATO forces is in the interest of Afghanistan and therefore we are happy to host them for the foreseeable future.

PS : Afghanistan has paid in millions for kicking out invaders so we dont need lessons in resisting the foreigners, but luckily the current NUG is too smart to all for "resistance" trap as advocated by the likes General Hamid Gul, General Duranni etc.

/Peace

I am sure they will come up with some intergalactic dimensional logic to justify their hypocrisy....:tsk:

No we have not as you can see from our posts :)

Regardless of the history, the presence of US / NATO forces is in the interest of Afghanistan and therefore we are happy to host them for the foreseeable future.

PS : Afghanistan has paid in millions for kicking out invaders so we dont need lessons in resisting the foreigners, but luckily the current NUG is too smart to all for "resistance" trap as advocated by the likes General Hamid Gul, General Duranni etc.

/Peace

No we have not as you can see from our posts :)

You may be happy but other Afghans disagree with you and they are not happy to host the hosts after being invaded by them and they are not happy to have a political process under the "patronage" of these foreign hosts; hence the civil conflict will continue especially now that the US and her client assets have killed the leader of the Afghan Taliban and a possible peace process.

NATO does not care one hoot about Afghanistan. Just look at Iraq, Libya. Providing weapons to Khwarij groups in Syria. They need a compliant government in Afghanistan which will suit their long term strategic interests against Pakistan, China and Russia. As long as the Kabul government stays compliant development will continue, if she stiffens her neck then ...

NATO will never leave Afghanistan willingly. Not unless their strategic interests have been met but even then.

If you think that the presence of NATO is truly for the benefit of Afghanistan and the wider region including China, Pakistan and even Russia then God help you man and God help the NUG.

What do you mean regardless of the history? I cannot believe you wrote that. As if the reason NATO gave for invading Afghanistan does not matter!! If NATO invaded on a pack of lies, does it not change the narrative?

http://www.tomatobubble.com/manhattan_project.html

I wouldn't call it good or bad Taliban. It's more like authentic Taliban and imposters.

I wouldn't call it good or bad Taliban. It's more like authentic Taliban and imposters.

I see you live in Canada, are you canadian citizen ? Do you remember that many canadians were killed by the same authentic taliban that you are talking about.

If you are a Canadian citizen then don't you think you are hypocrite for glorifying people who have killed many of your fellow citizen ? If you are just living in Canada then you are still hypocrite for enjoying the good life in Canada the one that is being made possible by the blood of the very same army.

Tough call for you, no ?

I see you live in Canada, are you canadian citizen ? Do you remember that many canadians were killed by the same authentic taliban that you are talking about.

If you are a Canadian citizen then don't you think you are hypocrite for glorifying people who have killed many of your fellow citizen ? If you are just living in Canada then you are still hypocrite for enjoying the good life in Canada the one that is being made possible by the blood of the very same army.

Tough call for you, no ?

I don't view myself as an actual Canadian. My roots are in Pakistan thereforeI'm only Pakistani. I don't become delusional by western way of life. I'm eventually moving back to Pakistan and will stay there till death.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom