What's new

A class in stealth - the world’s best navy corvettes

In this list should be small missile ship Project 21631 Buyan-M not 21630 Buyan
(100831231236)_GS.jpg

Really PN needs a Surface fleet like these:
11-16 3000 Tons Frigate with 2-VLS 16-Cell Launcher for Anti Aircraft and Anti-Ship Missiles.
11-16 1100 Tons FAC with 1-VLS 16-Cell Launcher for Anti Aircraft and Anti-Ship Missiles in Combine.

50 3M-54 Klub/SS-N-27 Anti-ship MI/SSM (2003) 2012 (10) For Kamorta (Project-28) frigates......though, I don't know where they will be launched from........

From SIPRI
Let's see...

Domestic variants of Club are basic versions of this missile family; these are the 3M-54 and 3M-14. Klub is the export modellled. Five types of missiles - 3M-54E, 3M-54E1, 3M-14E, 91RE1 and 91RE2 - have been developed for the Club ASCM. There are two 'known' modifications of the system; Club-S (for submarines) and Club-N (for surface vessels).

The Club-N can be installed in vertical launch cells or in angled missile boxes. Both systems are based on common hardware, the only difference being the design of the missile launchers and missile transport-launching containers. The Club-N can be armed with a 3M-54E or 3M-54E1 anti-ship missile, 3M-14E submarine-to-coast missile or a 91RE2 anti-submarine torpedo.

P28 obviously does not have these.

So that leaves Club-S. The Club-S can be armed with a 3M-54E or 3M-54E1 anti-ship missile, 3M-14E submarine-to-coast missile or a 91RE1 anti-submarine torpedo. As mentioned, this is intended forsubmarines. Which suggests some form of encapsulated missile launch. Potentially, it can also be used from surface torpedo tubes (there are earlier Russian missiles that do this, notably SS-N-15 Starfish and SS-N-16 Stallion, which some suggest is also used by P15 Delhi): the round is launched from ship tubes into the water, travels some short distance underwater then at a safe distance launches the missile from underwater, in the same way that would occur with a submarine launched round.

For an ASW unit like P28, the 91RE1 anti-submarine torpedo might be a usefull weapon to have. And IF this were used, then it is a small step to also include some 3M-54E or 3M-54E1 anti-ship missile. However, you have to ask the question whether this is a logical choise for a relatively small ship like the P28. 3M-54 is an anti-shipping variant with a basic length of 8.22 m (27.0 ft) and a weight of 2300kg. It needs a handling system for loading into tubes, just like a heavy torpedo. In the case of ASuW the torpedo tube launched AShM would be at a disadvantage relative to VLS or angles deck launch in terms of rate of fire (salvo firing, streaming attacks). It could be an option to give P28 some ASuW punch but seems a departure from the (increasing) use of VLU by IN. It would make sense to see also some ASW missile exported in this case, and those SIPRI does not report. So, I have my doubts.

3M-54 Klub
SS-N-15 Starfish
RPK-6 Vodopad/RPK-7 Veter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
RPK-2 Viyuga - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Vodopad/Veter video
(this shows 2 torpedo units going into the water and 2 missiles rocketing out .... )

Anyway 50 units for 4 ships > 12 per unit, with 2 for instruction. This suggests to me that if they in fact carry 3m54, then 4, maybe 6 per ship (i.e. 1 or 2 set of reloads ordered per ship). Else there is insufficient room for heavy ASW torpedoes. As compared to a standard load of 8 per ship in VLS. Which illustrates it is not intended primarily for anti-surface combat.

Last edited:
In terms of stealth they will be in the bottom because its design is more of a conventional rather than stealth. And also its size, its more of a small frigate.

It may not be like this>

Visby-class-corvette-pic.jpg

But it's not like this either.

INS_Brahmaputra_Malabar_07.jpg

Reduction of RCS was taken into account when they designed it. Like pretty much all modern war ships.

TH26_KILTAN_PTI3_2_1408501f.jpg

Penguin please make Nishan your friend and please teach him so he does not come up with a wish list of unexpected numbers everytime so I dont have to give him a negative rating everytime.
For NIshan you need this....
url

Penguin please make Nishan your friend and please teach him so he does not come up with a wish list of unexpected numbers everytime so I dont have to give him a negative rating everytime.
Well, it is nice to have wish lists, I have them too, but ..... any wishlist for items to be paid with public money must be justified (why these types of items, why this number) and more or less within the public's means....

It may not be like this>

Reduction of RCS was taken into account when they designed it. Like pretty much all modern war ships.

I realy don't see any IN dominance in Indian Ocean in coming time soon. China and India might go for a war without Pakistan...

It may not be like this>

As you said reduction in rcs is now a norm so for stealth u need to go one step ahead which is completely new design.

Well, it is nice to have wish lists, I have them too, but ..... any wishlist for items to be paid with public money must be justified (why these types of items, why this number) and more or less within the public's means....
If only you could explain this to Nishan 101 and make him understand for I HAVE REPEATEDLY TRIED AND FAILED. I also have a wish list but like others want to temper it with a bit of reality and in accordance with the ground realities facing Pakistan.
Regards
Araz

Indonesian Navy (TNI AL) orders a new Stealth Fast Missile Patrol Vessel Trimaran
According to Indonesian media JakartaGreater, citing the Chief of Indonesian Navy, a new 63 meters Stealth Fast Missile Patrol Vessel (FMPV) trimaran will be ordered from shipbuilder North Sea Boats (PT Lundin). The first vessel, KRI Klewang-625, was destroyed in a fire in September 2012 shortly after its launch.
63_m_Stealth_Fast_Missile_Patrol_Vessel_Indonesian_Navy_2.jpg

The new 63 m Stealth Fast Missile Patrol Vessel for TNI-AL - “ KRI Klewang ”
(picture: North Sea Boats)

The Fast Missile Patrol Vessel (FMPV) was officialy launched on Friday 31st August, 2012 at PT Lundin’s shipyard facility in Banyuwangi, East Java.

In 2009 PT Lundin signed a contract to build a one of the most advanced “stealth” warships for TNI-AL (Indonesian Navy). This was the result of an intensive Research and Development programme conducted by PT Lundin Industry Invest (North Sea Boats) and TNI-AL that commenced in 2007. Construction commenced in early 2010 and the trimaran was officialy launched on Friday 31st August, 2012 at PT Lundin’s shipyard facility in Banyuwangi, East Java.
Trimaran_63m_KRI_Klewang_North_Sea_Boats_PT_Lundin_Indonesian_Navy_TNI_AL_port.jpg

The new 63 metre long vessel is a cutting edge trimaran design that is considered to be the most advanced naval vessel of its type ever built in South East Asia.
(picture: North Sea Boats)

The Fast Missile Patrol Vessel (FMPV) employs a modern “Wave Piercing” trimaran design. This allows the vessel to cut-through waves rather than rise up and over them, and the increased beam provides inherent stability. This combination of features reduces both pitching and rolling, creating a stable weapons platform, and enabling the vessel to comfortably and safely maintain higher average speeds in adverse conditions.

The FMPV has “Stealth” design characteristics, and incorporate features that minimise detection by reducing Radar, Infra-Red, Acoustic and Magnetic signatures. Stealth properties are further improved as there are no reverse-angle bow overhangs to reflect radar signals, as seen on conventional hull forms. Weaponry, including missiles and naval guns, and the ships 11 m high-speed RHIB, are discreetly concealed or shaped to meld into the superstructure profile.

http://navyrecognition.com/index.php/news/defence-news/year-2014-news/march-2014-navy-naval-forces-maritime-industry-technology-security-global-news/1652-indonesian-navy-tni-al-orders-a-new-stealth-fast-missile-patrol-vessel-trimaran.html

If only you could explain this to Nishan 101 and make him understand for I HAVE REPEATEDLY TRIED AND FAILED. I also have a wish list but like others want to temper it with a bit of reality and in accordance with the ground realities facing Pakistan.
Regards
Araz
I hear you. But think of it this way: he gives us reasons to enter into a discussion about needs anf feasibility ;-) Perhaps some scenario's (under such and such conditions and constraints, what you you wishlist be?)

I hear you. But think of it this way: he gives us reasons to enter into a discussion about needs anf feasibility ;-) Perhaps some scenario's (under such and such conditions and constraints, what you you wishlist be?)
OK!!!! I hear you. You try and educate him and see what success you get. Dont get me wrong if he starts entering Into a debate withrational aarguments I would be very proud for him.
Anyways onwards we must all move!
Araz

Back
Top Bottom