What's new

A Bangladesh Decorated Hero pays tribute to Indian Army from 1971

You people better concentrate of genocide of minorities committed by hindus.

Thanks.

Let me first enlighten you with the meaning of the word GENOCIDE, which you seem to be blissfully unaware of.

Genocide is the organized attempt to deliberately and systematically destroy, in whole or in part, an ethnic, racial, religious, or national group.

Somehow there is no denying the fact that this precise what happened in Bangladesh prior to the events of 1971.

When people of the new generation finds news of BSF killing BD people almost everyday,what impression about India does this create on these people??
India lost its respect through its own actions.
Time changes everything.
Sorry but I agree 100 percent with this.Absolutely true.
we are not ungrateful to the Indians we just don't think so lovingly of them anymore.

Sorry but I agree 100 percent with this.Absolutely true.
we are not ungrateful to the Indians we just don't think so lovingly of them anymore.

We mostly hear of things like BSF killing etc and rarely know about the real character of the people who get killed. I am not defending anyone here. Lots of cross border illigal activities take place all over the world. Very often people commit crime in one country and escape to another. Many such gangs live in border areas. There are criminals on both sides of border and they have local protection. Often there are even elements from BSF and BR involved indirectly. Its avery complex issue. Media adds another dimension to such stories.

RK

We mostly hear of things like BSF killing etc and rarely know about the real character of the people who get killed. I am not defending anyone here. Lots of cross border illigal activities take place all over the world. Very often people commit crime in one country and escape to another. Many such gangs live in border areas. There are criminals on both sides of border and they have local protection. Often there are even elements from BSF and BR involved indirectly. Its avery complex issue. Media adds another dimension to such stories.

RK

We know about smugglers and gangs,but sometimes BSF enters BD territory and creates trouble.Like in 2001,which the Indian media reported otherwise.

BSF also often shoots at BDR without provocation.

Even if the deads are criminals,why shoot them??Just arrest them and hand over to BDR.

We know about smugglers and gangs,but sometimes BSF enters BD territory and creates trouble.Like in 2001,which the Indian media reported otherwise.

BSF also often shoots at BDR without provocation.

Even if the deads are criminals,why shoot them??Just arrest them and hand over to BDR.

I accept, there are problems and need to be addressed in a very friendly manner. This is why we need people on both sides who can talk to each other rather than take things on face value.

RK

Like already mentioned above it's not only the smugglers.BSF list included farmers and other civilians too_Our people are not perfect true but there haven't been just one or two huge incidents by the BSF.A lot of serious stuff occurred.

eh are we straying from the topic?I think so.oh well those Indians who helped us in the liberation war deserve our highest tribute.The end.

Like already mentioned above it's not only the smugglers.BSF list included farmers and other civilians too_Our people are not perfect true but there haven't been just one or two huge incidents by the BSF.A lot of serious stuff occurred.

eh are we straying from the topic?I think so.oh well those Indians who helped us in the liberation war deserve our highest tribute.The end.

What do BD people think are the reasons for these alleged BSF incursions? After all, there has to be a logic to such incursions if they occur.

[off topic]we just believe the BSF are bad guys.They are not quite popular here.Obviously our govt is blamed for these occurrences ultimately.[/off topic]

BTW was General Jacob a general back then?what formation did he command?

Let me first enlighten you with the meaning of the word GENOCIDE, which you seem to be blissfully unaware of.

Genocide is the organized attempt to deliberately and systematically destroy, in whole or in part, an ethnic, racial, religious, or national group.

Somehow there is no denying the fact that this precise what happened in Bangladesh prior to the events of 1971.

‘3 million’ figure is totally false as Bangladeshis themselves accept that such mass killings cannot be committed by the number of Pakistan troops that were present there at that time. PA personnel were there to defend the motherland from foreign invaders.

What will you call the killings of almost 100,000 people in Kashmir which has a small population. East Pakistan was a big province and there were not sufficient number of troops whereas in Kashmir there is one Indian soldier for 7 people. Indian troops have killed almost 100,000 people in a small state what would you call it???

I am fully aware of the definition of genocide but people of Bangladesh too can’t accept this insane figure and they got their independence (we call it separation) them selves so stop claiming that you liberated them.

This freedom fighter can think what he wants. Does not make one iota of difference. Decorated Freedom fighters killed Shiekh Mujib but I don't see anyone paying them any attention. Is there any reason this particular freedom fighetr deserves more attention than anyone else?

Ahh A very disturbing topic for any pakistani, thr creation of Bangladesh and I think it is equally disturbing for any bangladeshi

hum kay tehray ajnabi kitni...

May be it was the indian involvement that sparked the whole fiasco, so why should be bangalies be pleasent toward india.

An about haterd for india, buddies its natutral, bangalaies may have seprated their way with us but truth remains that they are a muslim country with muslim rule which exercise its own soverign over differnt matters and indian..... were expecting a proxy indian state which bangalies refuse to be like any other respectable nation.

You divide gold bar in two its still the gold..

With respect, I do not think that the Idependance of Bengladesh is a "very disturbing topic" for most Pakistanis these days, myself included. It's a reality, and now a matter of history.

Of course, there are the wistful fantasies of having a larger and more powerful country, but the moth eaten Pakistan that we were given at the time of our INdependance, withouth a land corridor linking east and west Pakistan, was always going to be a challenge to maintain.

Doubtless, mistakes were made by politicians and administrators in West Pakistan, as well as intransigence shown by politicians in East Pakistan.

Providence has not been kind to the architects of the split of Pakistan, though, and there may be a lesson in that. We all know the fate that the three leaders of the time met, INdira Gandhi, Shaikh Mubjiurrahman, and Zulfiqar Bhutto was not a pretty one.

This freedom fighter can think what he wants. Does not make one iota of difference. Decorated Freedom fighters killed Shiekh Mujib but I don't see anyone paying them any attention. Is there any reason this particular freedom fighetr deserves more attention than anyone else?

right.

but this thread is not about Mujib. who cares about Mujib?

this thread is about Indian contribution in the 1971war and what the Bangladeshi Freedome fighters think about Indian soldiers. by Bangladeshi freedom fighters I dont mean the fake freedome fighters of the Jamaat. I mean the real guys who were boots on ground. who fought in the sectors, got their bir shrestos, bir protiks and bir padaks.

well i don't know about the shape of relationship between india and bangladish currently, but i do agree that india played a very large role in the creation of bangladish. The role might have been actually bigger than the benglis. without indias help the benglis wouldn't have acquired their very own nation

Back
Top Bottom