What's new

800MW kol dam will be be functioning buy next year

nik141991

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
the process of filling 800MW kol dam on satluj river is in progress,the dam will start producing electricity early next year

902180_438813959539370_1734693683_o.jpg

The Koldam project has 4 units of 200 MW each and the Satluj River is the water source. The first unit is expected in one year and other units at 6 month interval subsequently.

2013-07-13+17.00.43.jpg

The 800 MW project, the execution of which was started in 2003, has been delayed mainly due to environment and geological hurdles. It is also one of the initial projects proposed by NTPC when it diversified into hydro power generation. The project was earlier slated for commissioning in 2009.
The benefitiary states of the project are Delhi, Haryana, Punjab, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir and Chandigarh.

2013-07-13+17.00.29.jpg

Himachal Pradesh, the home state of the hydel plant would get 12 per cent free power as royalty, 15 per cent at bus bar tariff and 2.75 per cent as the grid distribution share from the 800 MW project.
Bus bar tariff is the cost per kilowatt hour of producing electricity and includes the cost of capital, debt service, operation and maintenance, and fuel.
NTPC currently produces over 41,000 MW electricity and has about 16,000 MW of capacity under construction of which hydro power is likely to contribute over 1,300 MW.:cheers:

the process of filling 800MW kol dam on satluj river is in progress,the dam will start producing electricity early next year

902180_438813959539370_1734693683_o.jpg

The Koldam project has 4 units of 200 MW each and the Satluj River is the water source. The first unit is expected in one year and other units at 6 month interval subsequently.

2013-07-13+17.00.43.jpg

The 800 MW project, the execution of which was started in 2003, has been delayed mainly due to environment and geological hurdles. It is also one of the initial projects proposed by NTPC when it diversified into hydro power generation. The project was earlier slated for commissioning in 2009.
The benefitiary states of the project are Delhi, Haryana, Punjab, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir and Chandigarh.

2013-07-13+17.00.29.jpg

Himachal Pradesh, the home state of the hydel plant would get 12 per cent free power as royalty, 15 per cent at bus bar tariff and 2.75 per cent as the grid distribution share from the 800 MW project.
Bus bar tariff is the cost per kilowatt hour of producing electricity and includes the cost of capital, debt service, operation and maintenance, and fuel.
NTPC currently produces over 41,000 MW electricity and has about 16,000 MW of capacity under construction of which hydro power is likely to contribute over 1,300 MW.:cheers:

What's with the inflammatory title op? According to Indus water treaty, Ravi, Beas and Sutlej, are allocated for exclusive use by India.

What's with the inflammatory title op? According to Indus water treaty, Ravi, Beas and Sutlej, are allocated for exclusive use by India.
i don't think its inflammatory this is opinion on the other side of border no matter on which river we build dam, i will post a video about this dam on Pakistani media if i find it

i don't think its inflammatory this is opinion on the other side of border no matter on which river we build dam, i will post a video about this dam on Pakistani media if i find it
Most analyst from the other side know that what their government did with those rivers was wrong, but i don't think anyone contest the legitimacy of the dam build on any of these 3 rivers.
The water dispute is over the dams built or being built on river Jhelum.
Your content of the thread does not match the thread title. Its worthless without proper source.
It could serve better purpose if you change it to the following source. Its today's interview with a senior pakistani journalist Muhammad Akbar Notezai.
Interview: The India-Pakistan Water Dispute | The Diplomat

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom