What's new

73 killed as Maoists ambush CRPF team

The defence minister ,home minister with the 3 ervice chiefs are on to meet the Prime Minister.HOpe some resolute action plan with zero tolerance for violence and end of talk offer to the armed militant naxal outfits is taken.:guns:

It will not send right message. There is no need to engage army. Army is not familiar with all the local areas and people. Their propagandist and foreign media will defame army.

Maoist are not that strong, the politicians just needed a strong will and give free hand to police and intelligence agencies they can cull do it for sure.

If you just kill their leaders they will fall like a dead bird.

Their Polit bureau has 14 people out of which 6 are injured or in jail we need to kill rest of them and launch a nationwide coordinated military and propaganda campaign.

It will not send right message. There is no need to engage army. Army is not familiar with all the local areas and people. Their propagandist and foreign media will defame army.

Maoist are not that strong, the politicians just needed a strong will and give free hand to police and intelligence agencies they can cull do it for sure.

If you just kill their leaders they will fall like a dead bird.

Their Polit bureau has 14 people out of which 6 are injured or in jail we need to kill rest of them and launch a nationwide coordinated military and propaganda campaign.

Correct army cannot be used against our own people but why doesnt the Home minister resign or be sacked, since the congress fan boys love him too much?

hey any news on kishaji....has he been discovered...or is the attack coz of him missing....

sorry for stupid question.....i read that he has been missing suspiciously

hey any news on kishaji....has he been discovered...or is the attack coz of him missing....

ToI is reporting that Kishanji is alive and quite well.

Somewhere on the Bengal-Jharkhand border: Maoist military commander Koteswar Rao, alias Kishanji, is alive and unhurt.

Setting to rest speculation about his death or serious injury in a 48-hour gunbattle with security forces in the Hatilot forests of West Midnapore last week, the rebel leader met this correspondent in the forests of Jangalmahal on Friday.

I am neither dead nor injured: Kishenji - India - The Times of India

Nobody knows but dont be surprised if he is living in chidambaram's house.

Karan.....I don't agree with that. Sending in the CRPF shows courage and a tactical advantage and it was used effectively enough to p*** the Naxals off into launching this attack.......like I said in my earlier post, the downside was that procedures were just not followed costing these lives.........an example I gave was Pakistan Army having over a hundred soldiers kidnapped in one swoop in NWFP/FATA. They were released and some rescued, nonetheless, it became very apparant that procedures were just not followed....heads rolled in the Military command structure, but this has never happenned again.

Fair point and I hope heads roll so that this kind of calamity can be prevented in future.. I think its a classical case of being complacent being part of a state and thinking the enemy is too weak and hence getting careless. These guys died to prove the state wrong.. Hopefully lessons have been learnt today

I'm not supporting the Maoists. Of course they are not saints. But operation Greenhunt and the like allows them to garner support amongst the tribals.

The maoists blow up hospitals and schools is because these places are schools only in name. No health and education infrastructure exists in these areas. They are actually CRPF camps. The maoists have not rejected the talks offer, it is the GOI which has. The GOI keeps insisting that they abjure violence before talks. Abjure violence when they are being surrounded by 70,000 troops? Which group would ever do that? It is a calculated move so that the GOi can claim higher ground. They don't actually want talks with the Maoists.

Name one media house that gives the Maoists a voice? None. Why should they? The Media houses are run on advertising by corporates, the very same corporates that want the mining deals to go through. So why should any channel talk about anything less than the spectre of "Red Terror"? The only media houses that tries to be balanced is The Hindu and the magazine Frontline.

Rightwing ideology is espoused by the pathetic media house known as the Times of India and their TV channel Times Now. Also the Pioneer and India Today has BJP sympathies. Lest not forget India TV which instead of talking of news, talks of Hindu Myths and Ghosts, totally right wing crap. So you are mistaken when you say that the media doesnt give right wing ideology a fair say. I would say Right wing ideology dominates the Indian media, especially Hindi news channels.

Edit -

Go to the courts? LOL. And what has that ever achieved. Do you know that out of the 27 million people displaced by development projects, only 1 million have been rehabilitated? The Narmada Bachao andolan went to the courts, what happened? Nothing. Those people are still displaced living without any Government help.

Who are you to tell them how they should live? We cannot force our way of life on them. The only thing they require is more health and education institutions. Not industrial developments that results in them being forced to leave their lands.

So, what is it that you suggest that the GoI do? Abdicate its responsibility to some woolly headed thugs who want to impose their ideology by force? Your post is the classic apology for the Maoists. The Maoists if they have support should have the guts to fight an election. Now if you are a maoist sympathaiser you are going to talk about a flawed democracy which is not actually a real democracy and therefore is not a solution. What is the solution then? A khymer type of government?

What excuses! Schools and Hospitals are legitimate targets because they serve as police camps? What were the schools & hospitals doing there if according to propaganda, there are no development projects at all in these areas? If they are being used as camps it is because of the maoist presence.

Let those fighting in the Narmada Bachao Andolan win a single election before I start believing in their propaganda. If 26 million have not been rehabilitated as you suggest, they surely would make a captive votebank for the agitators. Humbug!

If you are anti-industry, maybe you should try standing for an election and telling people that you don't want development. You say that they need more educational institutions and health facilities. Where do you think the money for that is going to come from? From the heavens? What are they going to do with their education if there are no jobs to join because you are anti-industry?

I can see where you are coming from by looking at your avatar but i never thought that on the day when 75 Indians were massacred by these scumbags that you will come out with this trash as an excuse!

There is a time for debates, this time is for mourning our fellow Indians who died for the state we believe in. You are entitled to disagree but please try not to be disagreeable.

Fair point and I hope heads roll so that this kind of calamity can be prevented in future.. I think its a classical case of being complacent being part of a state and thinking the enemy is too weak and hence getting careless. These guys died to prove the state wrong.. Hopefully lessons have been learnt today

Yeess!! heads should role but whose chidambaram or some two bit beaurocrats.This will go down as one of the worst attacks on our soil.What the kasmir or Ne terrorists could not do has beeen done by the maoists now who own's up to at least the F*****g moral responsibility at least?

I'm not supporting the Maoists. Of course they are not saints. But operation Greenhunt and the like allows them to garner support amongst the tribals.

1) The maoists blow up hospitals and schools is because these places are schools only in name. No health and education infrastructure exists in these areas. They are actually CRPF camps. The maoists have not rejected the talks offer, it is the GOI which has. The GOI keeps insisting that they abjure violence before talks. Abjure violence when they are being surrounded by 70,000 troops? Which group would ever do that? It is a calculated move so that the GOi can claim higher ground. They don't actually want talks with the Maoists.

2) Name one media house that gives the Maoists a voice? None. Why should they? The Media houses are run on advertising by corporates, the very same corporates that want the mining deals to go through. So why should any channel talk about anything less than the spectre of "Red Terror"? The only media houses that tries to be balanced is The Hindu and the magazine Frontline.

3)Rightwing ideology is espoused by the pathetic media house known as the Times of India and their TV channel Times Now. Also the Pioneer and India Today has BJP sympathies. Lest not forget India TV which instead of talking of news, talks of Hindu Myths and Ghosts, totally right wing crap. So you are mistaken when you say that the media doesnt give right wing ideology a fair say. I would say Right wing ideology dominates the Indian media, especially Hindi news channels.

4) Go to the courts? LOL. And what has that ever achieved. Do you know that out of the 27 million people displaced by development projects, only 1 million have been rehabilitated? The Narmada Bachao andolan went to the courts, what happened? Nothing. Those people are still displaced living without any Government help.

5) Who are you to tell them how they should live? We cannot force our way of life on them. The only thing they require is more health and education institutions. Not industrial developments that results in them being forced to leave their lands.

1)Why are they there only in name...coz of maoists...had there been no maoists there would been students-teachers, patients-doctors.

2)i guess media does give them little more than their fair share(just my thoughts)

3)you are correct to certain extent

4)and do you know how many millions reap the benefit of INDIRA SAGAR PROJECT ALONE..i have been that place for >5yrs majority people r more happy then they were.it is always a better policy that few people do little sacrifice for the benefit of MAJORITY(you may talk more on this if u want....you can include SARDAR SAROVAR PROJECT ALSO in discussion)...

5)correct for the first part to certain extent...for the bolded part....well it is just a pathetic excuse....industries bring more jobs more happiness....schools and hospitals will definately come with it...so i guess industries are highly desirable...:smitten::smitten:

It was peaceful bcause of the heavy handedness used.Do u have any idea why he died in the first place.Are u sure he had nothing to do withe ambanis in anyway.Just discussing dont take it personnel but the politicos and businessmen are hand in glove with each other to extract maximum minerals without giving anything to the locals.

I know the nexus very well but try to look from different angel.

Like before economic liberalization and after it scenario.

The India was same and people was same, but the policies changed and look the development in less than 2 decades.

Same is with the mines etc. They are our treasure/assets but the treasure is lying under the earth for last thousands of years to be extracted.

I know like Jharkhand "Koda scam" politician after getting "cut" will sell our treasure to the private players.

But look at it from another angel:

1. State govt. will get money from selling + royalty per year + tax
2. Central Govt will get tax and other revenue.
3. Country ill attract more investment.
4. Locals will get jobs.
5. Indian private companies will grow by mining and making goods.
6. Indian economy will grow.
7. The infrastructure will be created.

OR

We can kept our treasure buried deep inside the earth in the hope that one day a good politician and govt. will be there and we will utilize that treasure at that point of time.

thanks

Its important that Army and Air Force is called in and use Carpet Bombing to kill all Junglee Maoists their supporters and family members!

I would not surprise if some indian media taking up on your suggestion to call in airforce. If you find any please post.

I wonder whether those of our political masters who have been put in charge of the defence of the country can distinguish a mortar from a motor; a gun from a howitzer; a guerrilla from a gorilla, although a great many resemble the latter

feild marshal sam manekshaw

70 CRPF presonels are killed and we are debating if Moists have any other choice but to kill since they have been left out???? I mean wtf....

Comon my countrymen the minimum we can do is share our support and feel sorry for fallen men and their devastated families..... As far action is concerned anyone who has taken up arms should be taken to his/her logical conclusion...I know that development has not taken place in Moist affected areas but so is true for million others....If i don't have any money or a secured future it doesnot matter if there are schools/ hospitals in my area or not...I would be desperate and using the moist logic should take up arms and still be sympathised...

In the end whosoever is responsible for this gross negligence which resulted in such a big tragedy should be shown boot...There has to be accountability and armed Moists should be shown the path to hell....

Back
Top Bottom