What's new

700,000 Afghan refugees returned home from Pakistan in 2016: IMF

Jesus christ...5 times more then CPEC yet they didn't even bother to build one decent road. And I though Pakistan was corrupt.
USA assistance alone was 104 billion dollars from 2002-13 with half of it being financial aid(58 billion $)
so USA assistance for reconstruction alone is nearly 1.5x CPEC while total USA assistance 2002-13 is nearly 2.5 times CPEC

PS: CPEC will bring short term growth but long term growth will only come through Pakistanis own effort in health education agriculture and industrialization, other wise we might have booming economy as Afghanistan in mid 2000s and than nothing, they grew >10% during that era

http://watson.brown.edu/costsofwar/...015/US Reconstruction Aid for Afghanistan.pdf

My prayers are with the Muhajiroon.

I hope the Afghan Government is capable of taking care of their people (with Indian money ofcourse) since they rejected $500 million financial assistance from Pakistan.

However, IMF thinks Afghanistan may collapse. I guess it's an Indo-Afghan problem now and Pakistan can move on.
And who were the civilian members of their cabinets. ....the same bunch of civilian budmuaash (former feudal memers of unionist party),who were overthrown in the first place.lt has been nothing but,blind being replaced by one eyed gun slinger and vis e versa.

Back
Top Bottom