What's new

7 Most Used Social Media Platforms in Pakistan (2022)

Zibago

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

7 Most Used Social Media Platforms in Pakistan (2022)​

Usama AnjumLast Updated: Mar 1, 2022

platforms

Social media platforms have become a norm of the modern era. People of all ages have become an integral part of it irrespective of their geographic location. Similar is the case in Pakistan with more individuals joining social media platforms and also becoming content creators. Moreover, in order to ensure the safety of the social media platforms containing informative, productive, and legitimate content for users, it is necessary to manage online content in conformity with local laws. To this end, PTA has implemented the law under the umbrella of PECA through Removal and Blocking of Unlawful Online Content (Procedure, Oversight, and Safeguards) Rules 2021,
Advertisement

Furthermore, the Government of Pakistan’s continued support to tech companies for sustainable growth and the launching of user-friendly social media apps has resulted in amassing a gigantic userbase in Pakistan. Currently, the country has over 60 million active social media users. So today we are going to tell you about the top social media platforms of Pakistan in terms of user base in 2022.

7 Most Used Social Media Platforms in Pakistan (2022)​

1) Facebook:​

fb

The meta-owned platform as expected has the highest user base in Pakistan in 2022. The total user base of Facebook is a whopping 50 Million. This is primarily because Facebook is one of the oldest social media platforms that is operating in the country.

2) YouTube:​

youtube

The popular video platform YouTube has grasped second place with 45 Million active users in Pakistan. YouTube is a go-to option for people of all ages because of its brilliant collection of videos and movies. Furthermore, it is also a great platform for content creators.

3) TikTok:​

tiktok

The social media platform that has been performing pretty well in Pakistan is TikTok. Though it has been banned 2 to 3 times still it has a tremendous userbase of 31.2 Million.

4) Snack video:​

snack video

This is also a relatively new platform in Pakistan with features of Snapchat. The platform has a considerably large user base of 20 Million.

5) Twitter:​

Twitter

We can claim that Twitter is probably the most authentic platform but it hasn’t been able to attract more users and currently has a user base of 3.7 Million.

6) Likee:​

platforms

Likee is a unique platform and a specific group of people uses it in Pakistan. It has a user base of 3 Million.

7) Bigo Live:​

platforms

Bigo Live has attracted many users in Pakistan because of the content monetization features through hosting etc. It has a user base of 0.5 Million.

Conclusion:​

All of the aforementioned data is taken from a very credible source. If you have liked our article or have any queries regarding it, do mention them in the comment section!
Source: PTA

I am shocked to see that Instagram isn't on the list. I always see young people using Instagram in Lahore.

The best thing you can do is monitor the effectiveness of your social media posts. When the advertising campaign is over, you'll be able to compare coverage and performance after it starts. And not all platforms are that good. I was given a list of them at https://nlosmm.com/ when I ordered a campaign for my website. At first, it seems simple: post more often and post kitties. But, SMM promotion works a little harder. A professional, comprehensive approach is important. Today, social networks can't impress just with photos and texts. It is necessary to make a content plan, study the target audience, analyze competitors and set up advertising.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing this insightful breakdown of the most used social media platforms in Pakistan for 2022!

With over 60 million active users in Pakistan, it's clear that social media has truly become a powerhouse of communication and content sharing. Given their longstanding popularity and diverse content offerings, I'm not surprised to see platforms like Facebook and YouTube leading the pack. It's interesting to note the rise of platforms like TikTok, despite facing bans, and how platforms like Twitter are maintaining their authenticity with a smaller user base. If you're looking to boost your presence on these platforms, you might want to check out an option for Twitter followers instant delivery to give your content an extra boost.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom