What's new

7 charged in videotaped slaying of Pakistani youth

JayAtl

BANNED
Reaction score
not sure what the right section was for this news. I know you folks were pretty ticked off at the perpetrators- so here is update I read today.

My comment: I'm not sure why 7 got indicted- when from the video it showed a couple striking the kid and one shooting him. Also why terrorism charges? I would imagine it would be akin to "manslaughter" (US legal term) charge...manslaughter is one less in terms of hierarchy of charges where murder in 1st degree is when it was pre- planned. also should they not be charged in a military court and not in a civilian court?

----------------

..KARACHI, Pakistan (AP) — A Pakistani prosecutor says an anti-terrorism court has indicted six paramilitary Rangers and a civilian on charges related to the videotaped fatal shooting of an unarmed young man.

Mohammad Khan Buriro says all seven on Wednesday pleaded not guilty to the murder and terrorism charges.

The case is a rare example of legal action against the powerful security establishment in Pakistan, which operates largely outside civilian law.

The killing of Sarfraz Shah earlier this month was caught on video and broadcast repeatedly on TV, horrifying the country.

Buriro says the judge has set a hearing for Thursday. He says the charges carry the death penalty.

Defense lawyer Mohammad Ramzan Syed says his clients will prove their innocence.

7 charged in videotaped slaying of Pakistani youth - Yahoo! News

Back
Top Bottom