What's new

6 incl. 4 police killed in attack on Sunni leader in Karachi.

Doctor Death

BANNED
Reaction score
December 25, 2012
Maulana Orangzaib injured in Karachi.

Karachi: At least 11 people were killed and several injured, including a key leader of the religious Ahl-i-Sunnat Wal Jamaat (ASWJ) party in Pakistan’s commercial capital.

Maulana Orangzaib Farooqi, a key ASWJ leader, was injured when gunmen opened indiscriminate fire on car near Gulshan-i-Iqbal’s Moti Mahal area, killing his guard, driver, and four policemen.

Farooqi sustained bullet injuries, however, his condition was said to be stable.

Following the incident, businesses were closed down as panic gripped several city areas, including Nagan Chowrangi, Abul Hasan Isphahani Road, Stadium Road, Guru Mandir and Patel Para, where miscreants resorted to arson. Unknown men also torched two cars near Rizvia Colony and Waterpump areas.

Meanwhile, three people were killed by unknown gunmen in Orangi Town, while another was man was killed by gunshots in Shah Faisal Colony’s Azeempura area. A man was also injured in the firing incident in Azeempura.

Another man also fell victim to firing when he sustained gunshot wounds in Landhi’s Sharafi Goth area.

Earlier on Tuesday, a police officer’s son was gunned down in Clifton’s Darakhshan area. According to police sources, the incident was a result of personal enmity.

Maulana Orangzaib injured in firing incident | Saach.TV

This may be one of the first occasions when Shia's militants have counter-targeted and ended up killing policemen as well.

But the question is what were police doing defending a Sipah-e-sahaba member? Looks like there is more to Malik Ishaq and his gang than is visible. Perhaps I have a soft-spot to the Shia militant groups but when you have 2-3 shia dying daily... usually in Karachi or Quetta there is bound to be some form of response.

Btw I am sunni, but have no respect for sectarian groups and organizations. ASWJ is actually the new name of the Sipah e sahaba. I wish to god the Shia's would target LEJ more often as they usually target SSP because they are more traceable.

Its clear groups like LEJ have been working with TTP but our government doesn't seem to give a damn.

Why doesn't the Pak Army step in to bring about order in Karachi? Hundreds have already been killed in political and sectarian violence out there. The Army needs to do some flag marches and area domination to prevent these clashes from recurring. The police, needless to say, seem to have lost the plot.

Maulana Aurangzeb survived... meaning an angry ASWJ leader who may call for more attacks on Shias. Next time shoot Malik Ishaq.

I am not a Shia. Sympathize with them.

Why doesn't the Pak Army step in to bring about order in Karachi? Hundreds have already been killed in political and sectarian violence out there. The Army needs to do some flag marches and area domination to prevent these clashes from recurring. The police, needless to say, seem to have lost the plot.

It's not the job of the Army, they are not trained to police their own citizens.

this is going on from decades ....
and no one can stop it. it will continue

This isn't shias returning the fire As i have said it before and i say it again finding this garbage and killing it isn't a problem but no where in Islam you are just allowed to kill whom ever you don't like .

shia imams don't give permission to retaliate and we are told over and over again leave it to God he is the best to judge.looks like finally internal fighting so now they will kill each other excellent couldn't be happier.

It's not the job of the Army, they are not trained to police their own citizens.
I think you need to read the manuals before commenting. There's something called 'Aid to civil power'. When a situation gets out of control of the civil administration, it asks the Army for help. The Army columns are provided from the local/nearby units in the area who undertake flag marches to instill confidence in the ordinary citizen and act as a deterrent to unscrupulous elements who are vitiating the atmosphere and quell violence.

Aid to civil authorities is also part of military training as much as conventional warfare. So yes, it IS the job of the army to quell riots and disturbances when a situation gets out of control of the civil administration that includes the police.

Maulana Aurangzeb survived... meaning an angry ASWJ leader who may call for more attacks on Shias. Next time shoot Malik Ishaq.

I am not a Shia. Sympathize with them.

I am a Sunni too and I think the Pakistan Govt. should act against Laskar e Jhangvi and Sipah e Sahaba as these two are enemies of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan. Attacking our minorities has alienated our monorities and weakened the Republic.

We as Pakistanis should bring these two organizations down and do what we have to in order to protect our Ahmedi, Shia, Christian and Hindu minorities.

BTW @haviZsultan, no need to be defensive. You are on the right track and we need to go after these SUNNI EXTREMIST as they are bringing disrepute to our tolerant faith. We need to do more than just Sympathize with our SHIA Brothers/Sisters. We should actually protect them from these extremist.

Last edited by a moderator:
The aim of these cowardly attacks are clear, the enemies of Pakistan want to start a civil war in Pakistan.

I think you need to read the manuals before commenting. There's something called 'Aid to civil power'. When a situation gets out of control of the civil administration, it asks the Army for help. The Army columns are provided from the local/nearby units in the area who undertake flag marches to instill confidence in the ordinary citizen and act as a deterrent to unscrupulous elements who are vitiating the atmosphere and quell violence.

Aid to civil authorities is also part of military training as much as conventional warfare. So yes, it IS the job of the army to quell riots and disturbances when a situation gets out of control of the civil administration that includes the police.

Please read my post again, and try to understand it.

Back
Top Bottom