What's new

50 year anniversary of a crime against humanity - 12 days and nights air raid in Hanoi by American air force

AViet

Reaction score
Country
Viet Nam
50 years ago, from 18 to 30 Dec 1972 was the aerial bombing campain by US air force against targets in North Vietnam (Hanoi, Hai Phong, but mainly Hanoi). In Vietnam, we use the term “12 days and nights” or “Dien Bien Phu on air” while the US refer to it as Operation Linebacker II.

The Vietnamese version of Wikipedia is far more detailed and perhaps, more accurate. The English version deliberately ignores the reactions of international media, in which Swedish PM Olof Palme said “it is an US crime against humanity”

Vietnamese version:

https://vi.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chiến_dịch_Linebacker_II

English version:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Linebacker_II

Summary: The US airforce used 207 B-52s and 2000 tactical aircrafts to attack North Vietnam targets, while North Vietnam used 100+ aircrafts, 14 SA-2 batteries and various anti-aircraft weapons.

Results:

North Vietnam loss: around 2,000 civilians deaths, 3 Mig-21 shotdown

The US loss: 81 aircraft loss, including 34 B-52s (the loss claim by the US was different as they did not count the totally damaged aircraft as loss if they could fly back, although they could never fly again)

And the main targets in Hanoi: Bach Mai hospital (it is still perhaps the biggest hospital in Vietnam today, but it was totally destroyed in 1972); Kham Thien street living quarter; Duc Giang oil tankage area; Long Bien bridge (the only bridge on Red River in Hanoi at that time); Yen Phu power plant (the only power plant which supplied electricity to Hanoi at that time);

Last edited:
US killed more people in SE Asia than khmer rouge or others.

Their rape, murder, torture are under documented. Only very few make to public such as My Lai.

In Vietnam War, the US just need to patrol a village and next day, entire village join Viet Cong.

US killed more people in SE Asia than khmer rouge or others.

Their rape, murder, torture are under documented. Only very few make to public such as My Lai.

In Vietnam War, the US just need to patrol a village and next day, entire village join Viet Cong.

in the war, deaths from both sides cannot be avoided and the soldiers have to kill for surviving.

But the barbarism of American soldiers during Vietnam war was actually unmatched. They killed civilians just for nothing.

I read a book about the famous 1970 rescue mission by helicopters in Son Tay province to rescue the POWs (Operation Ivory Coast, as called by the American). When the US soldiers found that they could rescue no one because all prisoners have been moved away, thank to some vague intelligence, they got mad. They jumped into a house nearby which still had light, killed the mother and her 12 year-old daughter, although they were trying to hide under the bed. A totally barbaric murder by people who claim to bring "democracy" and "human right" to the world and can be compared to Nazi Germany.

As usual, the Wikipedia English version does not mention this disgusting murder by the American troops.

Below is the Vietnamese version

Last edited:
Doesn't everyone love the smell of napalm in the morning ?

The Anglo troops move into Afghan and made their bones by killing innocent civilians. This is anglo army rite of coming of age. Vietnam suffered worse than Afghan.

I suspect many PTSD and suicide in anglo army is because too many army are stricken with guilt.

Anglo Army is army of Satan.

iu

ht_der_spiegel_soldier_crime_jef_120312_wmain.jpg

Disgusting, I believe in an afterlife, and those who commit such atrocities will be punished handsomely for it.

Back
Top Bottom