What's new

5 soldiers embrace shadat in Baluchistan and ten in total in last 48 hours

From where terrorists are getting these IEDs ?
1. Are they making it themselves?
2. Stealing from Pak LEA ammunition Depot.?
3. coming from out of borders?
4. something else, a fancy story?

Here is your answer:

The US SOCOM respects the SSG - lets leave it at that before we go all usual emotional without any knowledge of the subject matter. You sound just ignorant and disrespectful - you are working professional who is looking to improve himself, don’t go down the typical ignorant Pakistani rabbithole of either angel or devil and rather understand the subject before commenting.

Western special forces do take casualties as well

Please see this article from 2019: US military casualties 2019
I would love to read some Article or need some sort of evidence about the bold part, Trust me bro Source won't cut in here. I don't sounds Ignorant and disrespectful I am actually Ignorant and disrespectful for many people here, but trust me anyone who thinks that feeling is mutual. But as Ben shapiro once said FACTS doesn't care about your/my feelings. So lets talk on FACTS rather than calling names. It will take less than 30 mins for me to just search for SSG combat operations for just past couple of years and the numbers of death will be in 20's.

Now the link you give, it talks about SF trainers deaths plus inside Attacks, I am talking about combat deaths. Plus the link is talking about the figures from 2019, how many operations US forces conducted successfully without losing a single men ?

This is how SF operates, deep within enemy territory, killed the target, saved the civilians and without a single loss. How many SSG operations ended like this ?

Keep in mind that SOCOM has infinitely more resources than the entire Pakistani military in every branch including SPD but then they also operate in multiple theaters and gain the additional knowledge and experience from those.
Now I am hearing this from many posters here, budged/money is what causing our SSG to die in combat, really ? What about Strategy and Planning ? Of course I am ignorant of SF procedures but even someone like me have common sense that if I lose 2 men in a operation, I will surely make sure I will study the mistakes and my strategy to make sure this doesn't happen to again, we have seen SSG is literally same combat situations and yet they lose men. Now of course real life fighting is difficult and one bullet to the head or various parts of your body and you are dead, but question if SSG will lose men than why don't we just send regular Army ? these SSG go through hard training sessions, state spend thousands of dollars on their overseas trainings so they can perform, you can defeat 7-10 exhausted Terrorists even with Sindh Police, of course Sindh police will also lose men, we call the SSG so we minimize not just civilian deaths or maximize the Terrorists deaths but to save lives of our regular soldiers.
I said this before, Its not about the money or budget but its about the utilization of that money is what matters.

Now, as far as losing men are concerned - the terrain in which the Pakistan Military operates against the TTP and BLA are both extremely suited to guerilla warfare along with having sympathy among local population.
Americans and ISAF forces faced much worse terrain in Afghanistan, and other countries have faced far worse situations in Syria/Libya/Somalia/Iraq, Have you read about Falujjah ? Countless examples can be brought in from Iraq and Afghanistan, where SF came out on top against the Terrorists without losing a single men.

There is also greater preparedness and general morale is higher with SSG as expected with higher troop quality which is why during Rah e Nijat - while regular troops were slightly nervous as they went in SSG literally would push them back and jump in - whether they were seen alive again or not. This is no different from Green Berets who performed the same during US operations Green Beret Feats just so everyone understands feats of bravery, excellence and sacrifice aren’t exclusive to Pakistan.
SSG has a history of losing its men, I read some where here that SSG has the most men compared to any SF of any country, so does that means that Army is just increasing the numbers of Commando's in SSG, are we really filling up Quantity over Quality ? This fight and hostage situations are nothing new for Pakistan or its army/SSG if they are still losing men over operations which they have trained on, or experienced off than I think its time to start questioning the top leadership of SSG.
Bhai time for morale boosting is gone, right now we have to hit terrorists hard with minimum loss on our side, we have to kill 3 Terrorists for 1 of our regular soldier than and only than we might have chance. As for Sacrifice is concerned I have no issue with Soldiers fighting for their country and achieving Shahdat but they should be taught to kill the enemy and live to fight for more rather than becoming Jazbati or emotional and just make reckless decisions in combat operations, American/NATO soldier step foot in combat to kill the enemy so he/she can protect his/her country and go back to their families, our soldiers think themselves as sunny deol and jump in battles without proper gear or strategy (I guess) and ended up dying.

My conclusion to this is that SSG has been a failure or failed to perform against the TTP/BLA, Its bitter but it is truth. Pakistan's SSG might be in top 5 who's SF lost most men in combat operations, I think that SSG needs to pay more attention to their training, gear and equipment and more on achieving Martyrdom, there should be a inquiry that needs to be done. And if SSG unable to keep their losses to minimum than I think we should just not call them in every operation and let the regulars take lead cause they will the job just fine. And all that raise a serious question on their ability to perform any operations behind enemy lines (Indian Territory)
How many SSG operations are you aware of?
Over the course many, every now and then we hear news and than there was time when SSG was called almost every instance, times when Military bases were coming under attacks, GHQ attack etc but of course there will be many which we (Civilians) don't hear about.

Here is your answer:
Thanks for the answer, but question remains the same.

If we are facing IED and terrorism issue, what our LEA and agencies are doing to monitor and control, keeping n mind this is happening within Pakistan and all the sources and usual areas and suspects are suppose to be well known.

Bound to happen, with the enforced dissappearances of Baloch people and leeching off of Balochistani land.... At this point, Balochistan is treated more like a colony of pakistan than a province.
Kashmir says hi

In Balochistan they lost it way back. Balochis are fierce fighters, they are not servile and docile people, will fight for the ancestral lands, for the rights and justice, for hundreds killed and disappeared, rather more.

Still haven't learned anything from the 71 tragedy, this is no occupied land, suppression, coercion will lead to more resilience and more resentment.

It is about accepting their right of freedom, freedom from exploitation, rights on their natural resources, right to live and breathe freely, right for jobs to locals.

Exploited and suppressed to the hilt.

Last edited:
In Balochistan they lost it way back. Balochis are fierce fighters, they are not servile and docile people, will fight for the ancestral lands, for the rights and justice, for hundreds killed and disappeared, rather more.

Still haven't learned anything from the 71 tragedy, this is no occupied land, suppression, coercion will lead to more resilience and more resentment.

It is about accepting their right of freedom, freedom from exploitation, rights on their natural resources, right to live and breathe freely, right for jobs to locals.

Exploited and suppressed to the hilt.
Oppression to the Balochis is being done by Balochis Waderas themselves. It's the same old trick none of these Waderas have any respect for the state what you need is to dispose of these traitors and put someone competent in place.

2nd thing is the Government and Army command are both non serious about LEA and Army deaths to them they will give you the Shahadat stamp and half of Pakistan will eat it up like a candy.

Phir rotay hai ke paisay nhi.

The Terrorists are using the same tactics for over 5 years now and the LEAs still have no clue what to do.

Bound to happen, with the enforced dissappearances of Baloch people and leeching off of Balochistani land.... At this point, Balochistan is treated more like a colony of pakistan than a province.
Still not close enough to Indian occupied Kashmir Garrison

Back
Top Bottom