What's new

5 common myths about Islam Propagated by Media

I do not know much about "quoting" & "notification" yet. But yes, I wanted to let you two know about each other's opinions. But that does not mean that you explain his post word by word. Let him do that. You stick to yours.
Would have been easier to say so!

And I and he gave you the same answer...so whats the point of dragging the SAME question around?

You already gave your opinion which is "for C & D, the individuals can decide themselves". He (pakistani shaheens), OTOH, is of the opinion that "A, B, C & D should not be mistreated".
How is that different? Only an EVIL heart would decide anything different!

If you can apply a little mind, you would agree that, when two "moderates" can have different opinions of the same "instruction" from the "scholars", it is not right to deny the extremist to have their own 'opinion' & 'interpretation' of verses. Just to add to it, you two "moderates" do not have the liberty of "context" in this case (which the extremists do have).
Firstly, explain how @Pakistani Shaheen 's opinion was even 1% different than mine...he even made a long post to correct your brain pushing its limits!

Ok, so as of the current situation, islam & muslims are spreading peace everywhere. right?
Only issue is that a retard like me would think that, if that was the case, what was the need for "clearing the myths about them"?
I would like to draw the attention of the moderators that he himself called himself a retard some 2-3 times in this thread so it will be logic to call him as he pleases!

Only a RETARD swings on extremes...Either you are peace loving flower or you are a terrorist...Normal human beings form a vast part of the spectrum than pile up on either sides!

so, it not just a religion? hence it is fine for it to be political and have hegemonic agenda?
Another swing on extremes...I would call you extremist as that is all you do...

just to tell you that spiritualism cannot hide behind that "rider". If an ideology claims to be spiritual, it has to be "internal" only. It cannot say that "i am spiritual but not just spiritual".
THAT is probably Hinduism....Islam is not ONLY about the soul but, mind body, soul and everything that makes life hence DEEN...

Being united is not the issue. What you are united against, is.
Is that the case? Show me 1 verse where it says unite against good people!

Creating a deep fissure (in the mind) between muslims & non-muslims and then asking the muslims to be "united", is actually is dividing humanity. To understand that is beyond you because you think it bugs me (a kafir).
1stly no one in their right mind (thats right you already admitted being a retard hence your thinking) would think like you!

BTW, the "unity" is hardly visible. Just look around, the civilized world appears much more "united" against uncivilized acts. And that too, without a heavy dosage of religion.
Depends on what your level of civil is!

Just see above, two moderates, were not "united" on a interpretation of a simple instruction from scholars.
the 2 were saying the same....

Its like IF I call myself a Muslim then someone calls me Pakistani...none is wrong coz I am both!

naming territories is one thing. defining territories as "ours" & "theirs" and giving calls to fight for "ours" is another thing. the world atlas expresses many geographical territories. you know what I am saying?
Yea, it is easy for Indians to go round and round a tree like in their Bollywood songs...

I have already (NUMEROUS) times stated that terrorism has nothing to do with Islam but Indians seem to have that as the ONLY thing to hang on to when all else fails!

spiritual ideologies would never call for waging wars for external territories.
And where in Islam has it called for war (without the prophet) all the war verses were for the prophet? and again we go back to the grammar of the Quran...

Please stop hiding behind "every book says so" and "every religion does that".
Truth hurts doesnt it?! Like you keep directing it to ISLAM exclusively I show you it isnt EXCLUSIVE!

"Every book" and "every religion" do not claim to be "perfect & best & last etc.". Their followers do not wear their religion on their sleeves and they do not scream in the face of others.
Say that after you have checked every religion ....Your answers show your level of ignorance...

Lastly, the concept of spiritual religions who teach that "there are multiple paths to the same almighty" shall be too much for you to even begin exploring.
Good to know what you think....Keep with it if you believe it to be true!
YOU asked so I answered meaning you HAVE to listen coz you asked...I didnt ask your thoughts nor your opinion..

I feel sorry for your child to listen to such shit! Typical Indian mentality I believe! :agree: patriarch system believers?

Typical Pakistani mentality which at the loss of argument finds Indian even in Srilankan!!

Typical Pakistani mentality which at the loss of argument finds Indian even in Srilankan!!
Oh my bad! Did you feel hurt? Actually thank you for pointing it out...I should say typical desi mard mentality!

1) "Do not mistreat A, B, C & D."
2) "Do not mistreat A & B. For C & D, decide for yourself and it is your own responsibility."
Don not mistreat You mother and Father

I didnt add grandparents, does it give you the right to mistreat them? It is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to not mistreat them!

If the list of people were A, B, C, .... , Z, would you fill them with father, mother, grandfather, grandmother, brother-in-law,..., wife?
It is only the evil mind you can think of negativeness where the unmentioned are concerned!

The difference between the common man and a 'scholar' is that the scholar can think big.
He has a larger perspective.
But the similarity they each have is each has a brain, a conscience and logic...

Each also has a devil within....Now no matter who addresses all A-Z an evil man will only cherry pick that he likes and ignore the rest while a man who is innocent wont think to harm others!

The difference between the common man and a 'scholar' is that the scholar can think big.
He has a larger perspective.
His list of A B C D may not be limited to well-wishers, friends & family. It may extend much beyond and include ill-wishers & sworn enemies too.
For optimum usage of alphabets, he might just club mother/father/brother/sister into "family".
So and so forth till maximum all possible categories & people are covered.
It is not for a scholar to spoon feed - I know it happens in South Asia and people are soo damn used to it that they actually seek it...But isnt that where all the problems arise?

Quran is a book of SIGNS not spoon feeding!

It gives you A,B,C and lets you deal with D-Z ....if you have learn A-C well you wont screw D-Z

Here in the West you are thought concepts not exact 100% photocopy of the exam paper...You are thought concepts and you learn to apply them to similar problems also known as critical thinking....And an everyday man does critical thinking in every part of his life....He has 5 dollars today which are the most important things the household needs....He has 2 the next and he concentrates ONLY on the necessities..

The saying
give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime

Now, if we consider as Gandhi as the scholar who gave that instruction, it might not be entirely wrong to conclude that he meant that "well treat everyone including sworn enemies" (since he is supposed to have said that "when someone slaps you on one cheek, show him the other one for another slap").
Well, for us prophet was greater than Ghandi so if you can agree on Ghandi than you can surely agree on a greater man!

But that cannot be said about these scholars since they represent an ideology which calls for jihad against injustice, oppression & infidels.
The word infidels is not really in the same verse as jihad...Did you just conjure that from your own self?

Here is the explanation for the verse you seek (not mine but from a scholar):

Scholars of Quran tell us the verses dealing with this topic are specific and not intended to imply a general meaning for just anyone to decide to go around combating non-Muslims. The early Muslims had been driven out of their homes and turned out into the desert to starve. After finally, relocating in Medina, verses came in Quran instructing them to make hajj (pilgrimage) back to Makkah. Finding their way blocked and after several years of making agreements and treaties that the others continually broke, the Muslims were at last, told they could now fight in combat against the tyrants who had so horribly mistreated and abused them in the past. However, this would only be acceptable to Allah if they remained within very specific limitations. The word "Qital" in Arabic in this instance refers to "combat" rather than what some have used "kill" because the word "kill" is far to general, while the word "combat" appropriately describes what is intended by the usage in this passage. Allah Knows Best.

It should also be noted the usage of the word "Fitnah" in the same verse denotes a horrible condition, not unlike what we find today when there is terrorism and tyranny against the moral and just society at large. It would be easy to properly understand the meaning as, "Engage them in combat, even killing them, until the state of "Fitnah" (terrorism) no longer exists in the society and people are free to worship Allah by their choice."

We can see these verse are not designed to promote terrorism, but rather these are very orders from Above to the Muslims to be the first of those who stand out aggressively against all forms of terrorism and oppression.

Once this is in place, there really isn't a question anymore, due to the necessity as we see today, to prevent and subdue enemies of freedom, liberty and justice. In other words, we could easily say Allah ordered believers in the Quran to wage combat against terrorism - 14 centuries ago. And the "struggle against oppression, terrorism and tyranny" in the Arabic language, it is called, "Jihad."

I tell them, "Islam declared the WAR ON TERRORISM - over 1,400 years ago!"

So lets go back. A straight answer this time please. A simple "yes" or "no" would do.
THAT is the problem with south Asians, isnt it? Never want an explanation just jump in blind....How are you different from the ones you are complaining about?

I have given you a detailed answer...What you do with it is your problem....

Non-Muslims only can understand rational sources. So, Religious brainwashed defending Islam will fail with most of the Non-Muslims who've gone through Islam critical websites some of them give a good idea about Islam. So, yes Internet will make a lot of apostates. What Christianity needed for centuries (reforms) will come in a matter of decades with Mohammadans.

Non-Muslims who've gone through Islam critical websites

rational sources

good idea about Islam.

When you put what you said rational source soudns all good then you go to Islam bashing sites calling them critical and good idea about Islam it is the same as saying any surgeon from India has studied from a butcher! :agree:

ESP when MOST if not ALL have been answered (by sites you dont visit who are 10x more rational)

I find it amusing when people discuss about Practicality of religion. I say every religion has 2 aspects one is "Spiritual" and second is "day-to-day routine" prescribed. We may argue and try to win what is good or bad in second part but spiritual part is different. Any holy book is only mere a guideline to reach the "Spirituality" of the religion but we can continue arguing or following what is written in book.

When I go to any Mosque, Dargah, Gurudwara, Temple, Church (Well, I have leverage of the same being born in multi-religious nation), I find Peace, calm and serenity and it never touches to my mind what is getting done by Bajrang Dal or ISIS. The Solace and Spirituality is the thing one need to argue and not Myth, Book, Beard, Burqa etc. Some religious A**holes who follow the routine part ruin the love for religion.

Islam bashing sites
That's different perspectives, I'd say. Because, At the end you know that you cannot forget what you've learned from your religious people and it's human and natural defending what we consider as "100% correct" while it may not be so, for others. And I must say- defending religion is stupidity. What you want them (Non-Muslims) to believe is not what they get when religious people tries to defend their religions. Yes, Internet is #1 enemy which will kill religions. Nothing can be done.

That's different perspectives, I'd say
No, it's not different perspectives. The sites @Akheilos is talking about are full of lies and false propaganda, not 'different perspectives'. A different perspective is when you look at one thing from another angle. Those websites lie about the Quran, Lie about the Hadith and lie about Muslims. They lie about history and they lie about the present. Lying is not a different perspective.

Pick up any Sufi book for that :tup:
Yes, I follow the same and trust me at the end of the day, they all talk about the same. Spirituality of Islam is exactly same as Advaitvad of Hinduism. They all talk about single god, Never seen, love for humanity and any creature and many more but if you talk about low level part then it is pole apart. :)

That's different perspectives, I'd say. Because, At the end you know that you cannot forget what you've learned from your religious people and it's human and natural defending what we consider as "100% correct"
I dont learn much from religious people...At least not 1...I would pull forward 5-10 sayings/ hadith

5-10 examples

5-10 scholars and interpretation...THAT is different perspectives!

Not going to a website whose sole purpose is to ridicule, hurt sentiments and lie! Nothing much can come from each and worse if all are plus together!

while it may not be so, for others
Then these others need to take it to the scholars not spread lies....That is down right wrong! If you find that right then something is terribly wrong with your perspective!

. What you want them (Non-Muslims) to believe is not what they get when religious people tries to defend their religions. Yes, Internet is #1 enemy which will kill religions. Nothing can be done.
We Muslims dont want you to " read lies" thats all...Nothing more nothing less than that...

And nope I get 90% of my resources from the net so it is far from an enemy, it is neutral and it depends on you what to make out of it!

Back
Top Bottom