What's new

5 Bloggers weren't investigated for blasphemy - FIA tells Court.

M. Sarmad

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
No evidence found against 5 bloggers accused of blasphemy, FIA tells court

The Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) told the Islamabad High Court on Friday that no evidence had been found against the five bloggers who were accused of posting blasphemous content online earlier this year.

Justice Shaukat Aziz Siddiqui observed that blasphemy was an offence that fell under terrorism but falsely accusing someone of committing this act was an equally heinous crime, Express Newsreported.

Blasphemy case registered against female nikkah officiate

The judge further said there should be no further proceedings against those found wrongly accused of committing blasphemy.

The court will look into whether the petitioner levelled false accusations or the evidence was incomplete, he added.

Justice Siddiqui noted that sectarianism had become a major problem in Pakistan and the country was heading down a negative path.

FIA officials told the court that four individuals accused of posting blasphemous content had left the country and were investigated by the Interpol.

The FIA has contacted Interpol officials and the investigation has been completed. The challans will be submitted to court soon, they added.

The court ordered the interior ministry and the Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) to prepare a joint working paper on the case.

Christian sentenced to death over ‘blasphemous’ WhatsApp text

PTA officials told the court that their web analysis wing was regularly blocking and reporting blasphemous content.

Justice Siddiqui requested TV channels to run public messages that blasphemy was a crime that fell within the ambit of terrorism.

The court issued notices to the FIA, the PTA, the Pakistan Electronic Media Regulation Authority (Pemra) and interior ministry to comply with its decision and submit a report by January 26.

Five bloggers – Salman Haider, Waqas Goraya, Asim Saeed, Ahmed Raza Naseer and Samar Abbas – had gone missing in the first and second week of January from different parts of the country.

Shortly after their disappearance, blasphemy allegations against them had appeared on social media and in a complaint to police.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/159042...5-bloggers-accused-blasphemy-fia-tells-court/

Investigation through Interpol.....what a great joke....they were allowed to sneak into other countries under the nose of FIA which is acting under pressure from outside....

Bloody jokers.....

Investigation through Interpol.....what a great joke....they were allowed to sneak into other countries under the nose of FIA which is acting under pressure from outside....

Bloody jokers.....

PDF management was at the forefront of running malicious propaganda campaign on social media against those bloggers falsely accusing them of posting blasphemous content online.

@Syed.Ali.Haider, can you please post link to that thread

PDF management was at the forefront of running malicious propaganda campaign on social media against those bloggers falsely accusing them of posting blasphemous content online.

No Sir. I am content in respecting the right of the management to do as they wish to do in their forum. :D

@Horus

He is accusing PDF team...

I my self thoroughly investigate this at personal level and found you people rightly pointed out the culprits.

Not "accusing" .. Use the search option.. You will find it.. Ask the management to find and delete those threads before the authorities find them and start investigating you guys

Not "accusing" .. Use the search option.. You will find it.. Ask the management to find and delete those threads before the authorities find them and start investigating you guys
Al least I am not afraid do report me...
I must say i myself came across material posted by these bloggers not only blasphemous but also against the state of Pakistan and armed forces.

It is FIA under pressure from outside who deliberately let them go and deliberatly fails to produce proofs / evidence against them...

Nothing will happen Sir. No worries.

@Horus

He is accusing PDF team...

I my self thoroughly investigate this at personal level and found you people rightly pointed out the culprits.

@django @war&peace @Farah Sohail @Burhan Wani
I think it is a travesty that, that pig Goraya was let off the hook, one only has to look at some of tweets and all will be revealed, I for one hope the ugly swine never ever comes anywhere near this Pak watan.Kudos Rattay Sahib

FIA simply stated that they didn't investigate them for Blasphemy. They did not need to take it any further because the Bhensa network has already been exposed and neutralized. Likes of Azlan are known for apologising on the behalf of the anti Islam forces, so there shouldn't be any surprise when he decides to twist it to conform to his dogmatic narrative.

They actually used derogatory words for Islam... Its good to have a leftist force in Pak.. But sometimes.. In their stupidity they did cross the red lines..

FIA simply stated that they didn't investigate them for Blasphemy. They did not need to take it any further because the Bhensa network has already been exposed and neutralized. Likes of Azlan are known for apologising on the behalf of the anti Islam forces, so there shouldn't be any surprise when he decides to twist it to conform to his dogmatic narrative.

Kuch Sharam hoti hai, kuch haya hoti hai...

Investigation has been completed and no evidence against them was found.....

Likes of you do more harm to Islam than the so called anti Islam forces..

They actually used derogatory words for Islam... Its good to have a leftist force in Pak.. But sometimes.. In their stupidity they did cross the red lines..

No, not all of them... The only crime they did (at least two of them) was to use derogatory words for Pakistan Army

Don't know about others. But that Waqas Goraya is a class A as$hole. Go check his twitter account and check the amount of BS that guy spews on twitter.

If anything I would blame our agencies for allowing that guy to run away from this country.

Kuch Sharam hoti hai, kuch haya hoti hai...

Investigation has been completed and no evidence against them was found.....

Likes of you do more harm to Islam than the so called anti Islam forces..
if not goraya then who is running Bhensa and Roshni pages? you???

If FIA and Cyber Div, had to go to interpol when users were in Pakistan and FIA had the access to user computers, then both failed.

Might be internal/external pressure to let go them, keeping in mind recent Khatme Nabuwat incident og GOP. or the were really innocent, dont know.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom