What's new

$5 billion JF-17 exports to Azerbaijan, Iran, Egypt, Turkey, Venezuela etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ark80

New Recruit

Reaction score
Pakistani fighter Catic JF-17 Thunder has been demonstrated at an airshow in Farnborough.

It has attracted the interest of a number of countries including Azerbaijan.

JF-17 Thunder fighter was initially developed by Chinese engineers for the needs of the Pakistani army. First fighters JF-17 Thunder (Chinese FC-1 Saolun) were supplied to the Pakistani armed forces in 2007.

Now the project is entering a new level and the Chinese-Pakistani producers are searching ways to the international market.

Among potential customers who demonstrated interest to the innovation are Azerbaijan, Iran, Egypt, Turkey, Venezuela and a number of other countries.

Earlier, the press spread information about an agreement with Azerbaijan regarding the purchase of at least 24 JF-17 fighters estimated at about $17m each, which envisions the volumes of supply at about $500,000,000.

The JF-17 fighter is 14 m in length, the wing span is 8.5 m and it is equipped with RD-93 engine.

The capacity of the plane is 3720 kg, the battle radius at the fighter version is 1200 km, maximal flight range is 3000 km. It can be equipped with different types of air-air and air-land rockets, as well as air bombs.

500 million or 5 billion??

Please only add a source with such outrages report

it will give our Indian brothers a heart burn and heart attack for sake of health concerns of our friend please ...

So far we know there has been some interest

But reality is our own 300 plane order will be priority for next 2-3 years , so any sale will depend on our production levels frist

So the deal has finally come through,i remember reading about it long time ago that Azerbaijan was negotiating with China through Pakistan for JF-17s.

Interesting to note that Turkey a NATO member is purchasing a JF-17.

Anyway,Congrats to China and Pakistan :cheers:

Please only add a source with such outrages report

it will give our Indian brothers a heart burn and heart attack for sake of health concerns of our friend please ...

So far we know there has been some interest

But reality is our own 300 plane order will be priority for next 2-3 years , so any sale will depend on our production levels frist

250 JF-17s for PAF is confirmed. 300 is possibility as the number of aircraft it replaces are more than 300 in number, i.e. Mirage, F-7 and A5. I guess Mirage ROSE will be the last ones to be phased out.

But 300 is not a possibility in 3 years time anyway. Unless China too is producing for us and we are too working on them at the rate of 50 aircraft per country per year which is a lot.

Did Iran shows any interest?

According to Globalsecurity.org, when the Chengdu Aircraft Industrial Corporation (CAIC) unveiled it to the public in July 2003, China allegedly received orders from Iran. Apart from this, the above news posting, though un-sourced, is the only other document I know which purports Iranian interest.

Dear All, Rupeenews is not the most reliable source. Also I find some of its articles not so politically correct in the verbiage used to describe India. I like a healthy debate, but it should always be polite and respectful. However, that is my opinion.

Getting back to the discussion, I explicity remember in an interview, the PAF ACM stating that the facilities in Pakistan were for domestic orders and the facilities in China for overflow or export orders. The JF-17 is a 50:50 joint venture, so I think the profits would be split evenly. However, this could change if Pakistan increases its output which is currently meant to be 2 a month. Thanks!

there are 100s of such threads talking about potential export possibilities...

secondly always give the source

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom