What's new

4th Test: England vs Pakistan at Lord's, Aug 26-30, 2010

Pak123

Reaction score
Well guys the fourth test between Pakistan and England is starting from Thu Aug 26 - Mon Aug 30. So please discuss all the issues related to Fourth test and Pakistan's performance in this thread.

Mod's please make this thread sticky !

Last edited:
Mate, agreed this is a defense forum but your announcement (and i quote "So please discuss all the issues related to Fourth test") sounds more like something one would say about a weapon procurement than a cricket match no ? anyways jokes

Beast of luck to da team, the only thing with the word "pak" in it that hasn't sunk yet.

^^
you can call it my nature or whatever but I always write plain and simple
just for others to understand easily !

well hope our batting will do well specially Mohammad yoususf Hope he makes Hundred to close the mouth of those who want all out youngster one i forum too

11.13am When play does start, remember those of you on mainland Europe can watch it live on ESPN player. This will continue for the T20s and one-dayers as well. In the meantime, the covers are still out. It has brightened up a touch though.
11.02am Syed spent last night cycling around the suburbs of St. John's Wood. Or possibly just dreaming about doing so, I can't quite tell: "Last night was terrible. The magnitude (or the equivelant of magnitude for rain; density perhaps) was very close to Indian Monsoons. I got so worried I actually took my bike and went to St. Johns wood Road (from Islington) to see if they had covered the Outfiled. I just woke up, and I am not sure of the state of outfield."
10.55am "Is it 'hover cover' or 'cover hover'? A breathless nation awaits confirmation," writes Jeremy. We can confirm that 'hover cover' is the correct term. And you'll probably be hearing it quite a bit - it's grim out there folks.
10.52am "How quickly the early optimism evaporates," Andrew says. "It's like the story of England's series. Very wet and horrid now." Things could still get better soon, as John writes in: "That same misty drizzle passed overhead (a few miles south of the ground) just a few minutes ago. It is brighter now, but conditions are far from ideal."
10.46am Full covers are still in place, and a misty drizzle is wafting across the ground.
10.35am There's a touch of drizzle in the air, the main covers are on and groundsheets are coming out too. But the outfield is, on the whole, very dry and so if the weather does clear soon there shouldn't be much of a delay. Still no toss though...
10.30am We have an update from the ground, but the news is not ideal I'm afraid. "Oh dear, the cover-hover has rolled into place," says Andrew Miller. "Not sure if that's precautionary or what. Some evidence of dark clouds to the north. No umbrellas up as yet. A few spits of rain now descending. Nothing terminal at this stage."
10.15am Don't forget that our Facebook page is a great place to discuss everything that happens today. But please keep it clean and focussed on the cricket. That's not asking too much, is it?
Meanwhile, Andrew has an update: "Spoke too soon. The umpires aren't quite happy with the conditions - I suspect it's the light as much as anything. A further inspection will take place at 10.30am."
"The umpires are monitoring the light, and the outfield is still wet," confirms an ECB spokesperson.
10.10am Breaking news: Andrew Miller has arrived at Lord's. And he has this for us: "The main covers are off and the stumps are in place. Just the hover-cover loitering at the moment. Lots of activity on the outfield which suggests the drainage has done its job. I would imagine on this evidence, light permitting, we're okay for a prompt start." That all sounds wonderfully promising.
10.05am We are getting pictures from the ground and the covers are coming off which is great news. The clouds are starting to break so fingers crossed we'll start on time. Of course this is England's last Test before you-know-what starts in November and Andrew Miller looks at the challenge facing the home side in this match. Pakistan, meanwhile, could complete a memorable comeback with another victory.
As far as team news goes England will be unchanged barring any last-minute dramas in the warm-ups, while Umar Gul was ruled out last night with Pakistan not wanting to risk him before the one-dayers
10.00am Hello and welcome to the final Test of the English summer (if the current weather allows me to say that) as England take on Pakistan at Lord's. This is set up to be cracking contest after Pakistan's four-wicket victory at The Oval. Can they maintain their form and level the series, which would be a fabulous effort, or will England reassert their themselves? The next five days will tell us. I'm Andrew McGlashan and along with Sahil Dutta and Liam Brickhill will be here to bring you all the action.
The first thing to mention, and I hinted at it moments ago, is the weather. It chucked it down in London last night, but the good news is that it is much drier this morning. No word yet on conditions, but we know how good Lord's is at draining.

11.27am "May God bring a stop to the Rain and a holiday for the ho-co," pleads Imran Ul Haq.

11.23am Right, it's stopped raining! The umpires are out on the outfield, peering nervously skywards. Still no sign of a toss, but encouraging signals all the same. The latest news is that there'll be another inspection at 11.50am.

11.21am Oh my, this has all gone downhill very quickly: "Is it drizzling in Lords or is it just mizzling? Can they start play in the mizzle/drizzzle? 26 Aug? - we should really sizzle? And no...I am not pizzled," writes grammo.

11.18am "Following the great hover cover debate, is it misty drizzle or drizzly mist?" asks John. Hmm. Would 'mizzle' do? It's definitely brighter out there by the way, which is definitely good news.

Guys in Isb/Rwp there is no Geo Super Telecast and no other channel has the right to telecast this match........can anyone please help??? Why pemra blocking geo super

Guys in Isb/Rwp there is no Geo Super Telecast and no other channel has the right to telecast this match........can anyone please help??? Why pemra blocking geo super

They are not blocking only geosuper but all the indian channels,some of english and some religious channels are not being telecasted as pemra has ordered all the cable operators across Pakistan !

TEN sports was better, politics free, would hardly get blocked ever....with geo its always some tussle going on with government......and PEMRA is the biggest joke...cable used to be so nice now its all bullshiaaat news channels

no tussle with the govt., as there was only the liscence issue

This is incredible stuff from Amir and England's batting is rapidly falling to pieces

Great work Amir. :yahoo::yahoo:

Back
Top Bottom