What's new

42 more Sukhoi-30 MKI deal cleared for India

Yaar read my post again :what:
I specifically mentioned the reason why Su30Mki number will not increase beyond 270 , unless we are in a crisis and require to produce additional jets on an urgent basis:azn:

Secondly The number of LCA is capped at 48 MK1 + 100 MK2 by the airforce , secondly there will not be anymore order for Tejas unless Hal developed a Tejas MK3 with a higher payload and RCS of 1 sqm or iaf requires them to fill the numbers:D ,considering the fact that Present Tejas MK1 has an RCS of 3.5 sqm and payload of 4000+ Kg

.................................:what:

Yaar read my post again :what:
I specifically mentioned the reason why Su30Mki number will not increase beyond 270 , unless we are in a crisis and require to produce additional jets on an urgent basis:azn:

Wo hi tau reason hai..............By 2022, IAF is expected to have 42 squadrons. And that is not possible without more number of SU-30MKI; agreed? IAF has plans to have an operational fleet of 280 MKIs by 2015. And keeping in mind the previous trend of induction and IAF's love for SU-30MKI, it can be safely concluded that MKI numbers will be increased between 2015-2022.

Secondly The number of LCA is capped at 48 MK1 + 100 MK2 by the airforce , secondly there will not be anymore order for Tejas unless Hal developed a Tejas MK3 with a higher payload and RCS of 1 sqm or iaf requires them to fill the numbers:D ,considering the fact that Present Tejas MK1 has an RCS of 3.5 sqm and payload of 4000+ Kg

What do you think...........LCA should be an Air superiority fighter for greater numbers??? It is what it ment to be........... a 4th generation lightweight multirole jet fighter. Tejas is not to compete with Typhoon or F-22. Compare it with Chengdu J-7 and JF-17 Thunder, which will be backbone for the PLAAF and PAF.

The LCA is very suitable to be the bulk of the IAF. The USAF, etc., will still be reliant on Low RCS not completely stealth platforms to perform the bulk of the tasks. It will be very good mix for the IAF inventory (in very near future)...........

Light weight - Middle weight - Heavy weight
LCA Tejas - MMRCA - SU-30 MKI

Please go through the technical specifications of Tejas. They are comparable to the Sweedish Gripen . Gripen is better than Tejar rite now, no doubt, but it will serve our need..........a Light weight fighter in adequate numbers without being too pricy. So, there should be a good number of Tejas in IAF in future as estimated by IAF in the past, i.e., 200 plus 20 two-seat conversion trainers.

I don't know much about the RCS of Tejas MK1............but it should be lower than other big fighters like EF Typhoon, SU-30MKI, and others. If you have any links about RCS, please provide. Thx in advance.:tup:

getAsset.aspx

Hindustan Aeronautics expects the Indian air force to order an additional 42 locally produced Sukhoi Su-30MKIs.

The possible order would come on top of the 180 Su-30MKIs HAL is already producing for the air force, says company chairman Ashok Nayak.

About 105 aircraft from the 180-strong order have been delivered so far, Nayak says. In addition, in mid-2010, India ordered 40 Su-30MKIs as flyaways from Russia's Sukhoi.
Although the in-service aircraft receives less publicity than the air force's medium multi-role combat aircraft competition or indigenously produced Tejas light combat aircraft, the Su-30MKI is the service's backbone and has represented India in several international exercises.

HAL rolled out its first completed Su-30MKI in November 2004.

Gandhi would turn in this grave if he learnt this :agree:

He'll be like "after all my struggle for peace..." :lol:

Did Mao told you to troll here like this?:azn::azn:

I Think MAO has turned in his grave enough with China accepting a capitalist model of growth instead of his public ownership of everything including the kitchen sink model
China now is communist only in governance , :china:

Back
Top Bottom