What's new

‘400 innocent Kashmiri youth languishing in Indian jails’

Edevelop

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Srinagar, September 22 (KMS): In occupied Kashmir, the Patron of pro-India National Panthers Party, Professor Bhim Singh, has said that there are at least 400 Kashmiri youth who are languishing in different jails of India and are suffering badly at the hands of jail authorities.Professor Bhim Singh in an interview with a Srinagar-based wire agency said, “I am not telling you as a politician but as a lawyer of Indian Supreme Court. At least 400 Kashmiri youth have been implicated in false cases who are languishing in Jodhpur, Varanasi, Gujarat and other jails of India.” He said that the irony was that the jail authorities violated the court orders and did not allow any lawyer or family members of the detainees to meet them freely.

Professor Singh said that Varanasi Jail authorities did not allow him to meet the Kashmiri youth. “They are innocent and their only fault is that they are Kashmiris,” he added. Singh said that the truth was the biggest causality in occupied Kashmir.

‘400 innocent Kashmiri youth languishing in Indian jails’ | Kashmir Media Service

They put fake charges against them and torture them without any proof, force them to confess crime they never commited.

this is really serious charge coming from a politician, media should focus on this issue.. and force govt to act

yes we should wait for them to blow themselves up killing dozens, before we prosecute. imran khan style?
not every kashmiri is terrorist mate .. going by indian police record.. i wont be surprised

more than 1000 Tamilians, Kanndigas, Oddisha people, Keralites, Maharashtrians etc. etc. are languishing in Indian jails for their wrongdoing as per the land o law.

Whats the point?

They put fake charges against them and torture them without any proof, force them to confess crime they never commited.
this is really serious charge coming from a politician, media should focus on this issue.. and force govt to act
COIN ops are rarely so cut-n-dry. you could try it the pakistani way: security agencies arrest suspicious men, courts let them off. the bravehearts then go and blow up civilians wholesale.
then you are free to prosecute the remains of the blast. imran khan style?

not every kashmiri is terrorist mate .. going by indian police record.. i wont be surprised
of course not, much like every indian police member is not an a hole.
but then we are talking abt a boatload of gray areas, where things arent as clear cut.

COIN ops are rarely so cut-n-dry. you could try it the pakistani way: security agencies arrest suspicious men, courts let them off. the bravehearts then go and blow up civilians wholesale.
then you are free to prosecute the remains of the blast. imran khan style?
In case of India, one guy does terror, journalists force police to crack the case and they do in 1 day..
the way to do it is, find a guy who fits a narrative, arrest him.. buy some time.. and hope you catch the real guys before courts let the innocent guy off

btw this is not unique to terrorism, if you report other incident like decoity or theft, their first instinct is to beat a few boys from nearby slum...

In case of India, one guy does terror, journalists force police to crack the case and they do in 1 day..
the way to do it is, find a guy who fits a narrative, arrest him.. buy some time.. and hope you catch the real guys before courts let the innocent guy off
do wrongful detentions happen, yes. should the police go after someone only when there is concrete proof? not necessarily.
i don't see why some folks should not be held if they are under suspicion of vanishing at a moment's notice.

do wrongful detentions happen, yes. should the police go after someone only when there is concrete proof? not necessarily.
i don't see why some folks should not be held if they are under suspicion of vanishing at a moment's notice.

they cant be held beyond 30 days or so... there is a law regarding this..
also they should get legal assistance as per law..
I wont like if british police lock me up for a a month without access to lawyer..

I am definitely in favour of disrupting terror act before they happen.. and taking people to custody if there is suspicion ..but 10 to 15 days are usually enough to get all material from his brain..
these are not hardcore terrorists.

they cant be held beyond 30 days or so... there is a law regarding this..
also they should get legal assistance as per law..
I wont like if british police lock me up for a a month without access to lawyer..
of course, we're on the same page here.
if no evidence is found they should be let go.

although, i'm unwilling to paint the picture that all 400 of these boys are "innocent".

Back
Top Bottom