What's new

40% of patients seeking treatment at Vellore CMC are Bangladeshis

lol, he is butthurt at my comment but Indian government officials can call our people termites all day and it's fine.. wah the double standards are amazing.
Didn't they tell you? Those are fringe elements.

The only reason I said that is because Indians (most) behave in a way as If Bangladesh is some sort of leech and India is some gift that keeps on giving, when in truth it is India who has gained so much, even monetarily from the existence of Bangladesh.
As I have always held, India got repaid for her support of the Bangladesh Mukti Bahini immediately. A hostile country was converted into a neutral country willing to be befriended.

Everything that happened afterwards should be seen as normal international relations between two countries. After all, even people from Africa and the United States come to India for medical treatment. They may not form 40%, but they are there.

Heck, If termites have enough money to come to India on legal visas, fly in, get treatment paid with real money and fly out, then why would they then jump the border into India ???
Without referring to them, how can we explain our failures? How can we explain to our voters why we failed?

Honestly the lack of a functioning thought process in some of these "new" Indians is beyond my comprehension..
You will not get to say these things so easily.

Take a token number, join the queue, and in time, you will be admitted to the club of those who think so too.

Doesn't the whole act of medical tourism prove they're well off ? Not every Tom, dick and Harry can afford to travel to another country for healthcare, Now can they ?
LOL.

Talking with logic again?

You believe that might convince those already convinced?

Last edited:
The only reason they can afford said treatment and increasing numbers of such individuals is because Bangladesh is growing as a country and the people are slowly gaining spending power.
Quite so, and those of us not interested in dick-measuring contests make sure that these visitors who embellish our health-care facilities and give them a world-wide reputation are treated very well.

As for Internet warriors, can you really afford the time to read the comments of uninvolved people? They do not earn from this, they do not spend on this, they just annoy people who do spend or earn from this.

Bangladeshis used to like India, I myself have had great friendships with Indians and great overall experiences with most Indians I know, good hard working people who keep their head down and mouth shut mostly even when faced with racist abuse abroad (commendable).
Normal, and appropriate.

But how can I ignore the fact that a large majority of those people have been secretly harbouring hate for me, my people and the people of my faith this whole time ? Hate on a level where they're okay with killing us and raping our women ? Hell, how can I overlook that they've elected an extremist government that believes in violence and cheap goondaism ??
As you have guessed already, it's not about you. It's about those who are Muslim. It is a manufactured hate, used to build vote banks, and to gain power, where they can indulge themselves in a way that they could never have dreamt of as private citizens. The latest is the purchase of a Maybach for their great leader from the revenues of the state, when that state is steadily slipping down the ladders of economic achievement.

Kinda of hard to speak good of India atleast this "new" India once you take all this and all the other factors I needn't list (because we all know what those are) into consideration.
Don't speak good of India. Don't speak bad of India. Hope that this 'new' India soon disappears.

Honestly the lack of a functioning thought process in some of these "new" Indians is beyond my comprehension..
I did mention taking a token number and standing in queue.

We are not the problem, amra to shob shomoy emnei chilam, we have not changed.. you have, your country and leadership has, your mindset has, in short Indians are the problem, Indians are the reason, India doesn't get along with its neighbours.
Thank you for reminding me that some of us have been warning against the state that we are in today from 2002 onwards.

Last edited:
I will simply choose not to respect Indians (majority of them who support BJP or do not expressly oppose it) because I cannot bring myself to respect a people who cheer when planes belonging to their neighbours crash, people who say the genocide of rohingyas is okay (kyu ki wo mulle he) or people who plan out atrocities on WhatsApp like people's lives are some sort of game.
C'est la vie.

Some of us are tarred by the same brush as those we despise, but that is natural. Nothing to be done.

All good as long as they're paying for the service.
You are referring to the long lines of people from abroad queuing up for free treatment at CMC?

Apollo (Evercare) Hospital has facilities in Dhaka and Chittagong, and is a significant revenue earner for that Indian group outside of India. They cater mainly to top-level well-heeled clientele.

The building properties are owned by Bangladeshi business partners, Indian Evercare just provides doctors and operation expertise.

Dhaka
iu

Chittagong
View attachment 852794
View attachment 852795
THIS is a good model.

Quick reminder to hyper-patriots - count the number of Indian professionals - doctors, dentists, engineers and managers - working in Bangladesh and earning fat salaries. Then compare that number with the alleged Bangladeshi concentrations within India (as every Indian Bengali knows, these are usually Indian Bengalis, those from Murshidabad and Malda often of Bangladeshi origin, who came across and re-settled and lived as regular, decent citizens, working and contributing to the economy).

Suppose we expel every Bengali from India who is caught outside West Bengal, and send them to West Bengal or to Bangladesh; suppose Bangladesh expels every Indian likewise.

Would you like to do the arithmetic?

THIS is a good model.

Quick reminder to hyper-patriots - count the number of Indian professionals - doctors, dentists, engineers and managers - working in Bangladesh and earning fat salaries. Then compare that number with the alleged Bangladeshi concentrations within India (as every Indian Bengali knows, these are usually Indian Bengalis, those from Murshidabad and Malda often of Bangladeshi origin, who came across and re-settled and lived as regular, decent citizens, working and contributing to the economy).

Suppose we expel every Bengali from India who is caught outside West Bengal, and send them to West Bengal or to Bangladesh; suppose Bangladesh expels every Indian likewise.

It would be equivalent to two people burning each other’s houses.

One a mud hut and the other a tin bungalow.

Cost wise they are not equivalent.

But both are still homeless!

THIS is a good model.

Dada it is mostly CEOs and High level Indian consultants working in Bangladesh. By the tens of thousands. While Indian Bengalis from Malda etc. working in other Indian states are mostly day laborers and rickshaw pullers at best.

@Skull and Bones himself may be one working in corporate Bangladesh circles. Amader meye biye diechhi onar kachhey I think.

Dada it is mostly CEOs and High level Indian consultants working in Bangladesh. By the tens of thousands. While Indian Bengalis from Malda etc. working in other Indian states are mostly day laborers and rickshaw pullers at best.

@Skull and Bones himself may be one working in corporate Bangladesh circles. Amader meye biye diechhi onar kachhey I think.

Dada, ami 'would be' scientist, ami ei corporate culture theke onek mile dure.

C'est la vie.

Some of us are tarred by the same brush as those we despise, but that is natural. Nothing to be done.

You are referring to the long lines of people from abroad queuing up for free treatment at CMC?

Maybe it got lost in translation in my lengthy rant but I do respect some Indians and respect them even more so now that they're standing up and speaking against the ugly juggernaut of hate that is the RSS-BJP axis..

I don't feel inclined to add an asterisk everytime I say the word Indian but please do know that I am dearly aware that normal Indians with liberal views also exist.

If I was a praying man, I'd pray for those Indians and that as you said "this 'new' India disappears soon".

Whether I think the 'new' India will disappear is a separate issue.. sorry, not much of an optimist here, the odds aren't all that rosy either.

Maybe it got lost in translation in my lengthy rant but I do respect some Indians and respect them even more so now that they're standing up and speaking against the ugly juggernaut of hate that is the RSS-BJP axis..

I don't feel inclined to add an asterisk everytime I say the word Indian but please do know that I am dearly aware that normal Indians with liberal views also exist.

If I was a praying man, I'd pray for those Indians and that as you said "this 'new' India disappears soon".

Whether I think the 'new' India will disappear is a separate issue.. sorry, not much of an optimist here, the odds aren't all that rosy either.
It's not about you, silly. I have nothing but affection for you, and am able to make allowances for a Bangal's quick loss of temper. :enjoy:

Modi has no choice but to Jack up the bigotry because he has no answers to India’s woes.

Without ridding the caste system - they have no chance.

But that can only be done by ridding the religion itself.

India needs a cultural revolution like China.

THIS is a good model.

Sir I have worked in BD for some years. Hardly I have seen non Bengalis working there. Management of big MNC's are Bengalis from east.
Its quite lucrative, 60 min to home, fat package, food to taste and many more. I used to go on a Tuesday morning to come back on Thursday evening. Those days fares were lesser than the airfare between Kol and Delhi.
But I have never met a doctor working in BD.

Another story, I was in Noida from Jan 2005 till Jun 2007. A Bengali didi used to do all household works for a mere 1000 rupees and her husband was a rickshawala. At present I am not aware, but those days invariably all rickshawalas were from Malda.
Later didi revealed she crossed the border (she was from Faridpur) with her husband leaving behind her two kids. What she used to earn she used to send the same by Hundi. They only could go back once in 2-3 years.
In Kolkata, North 24 Pgs, South 24 Pgs, Nadia you will find new paras are created by people from BD. I personally know people from BD buying land in Thakurpukur, Maheshala belt Behala as an Indian.
As per my knowledge most Of the Indians working in BD are in legal visas.

Two weeks ago I was in BD for a week after three years.
Lot of things has changed for good. Communication has improved to a great extent. More luxury items are now available in nearby grocery shops or hat. Loadhseding are rare. Supply chain has improved a lot, bringing commodities quickly to market. People ate dressing better and less begger in street. I have a feeling that people have more money than before.
Many of my known BD faces has gone back recent time, got better opportunities and settled permanently.

Only thing that has not improved is the healthcare. In my acquaintance, an xray report from BD was questioned for its bad quality and low quality report associated with it. Rush has exceeded pre covid dates in Kolkata and getting dates for renowned doctors had become more complicated. I crossed BD via land border. I can only see Green passports. Perhaps it was us only having a black passport. People whom I interacted came to India on on medical ground.

Sir I have worked in BD for some years. Hardly I have seen non Bengalis working there. Management of big MNC's are Bengalis from east.
Its quite lucrative, 60 min to home, fat package, food to taste and many more. I used to go on a Tuesday morning to come back on Thursday evening. Those days fares were lesser than the airfare between Kol and Delhi.

Another story, I was in Noida from Jan 2005 till Jun 2007. A Bengali didi used to do all household works for a mere 1000 rupees and her husband was a rickshawala. At present I am not aware, but those days invariably all rickshawalas were from Malda.
Later didi revealed she crossed the border (she was from Faridpur) with her husband leaving behind her two kids. What she used to earn she used to send the same by Hundi. They only could go back once in 2-3 years.
In Kolkata, North 24 Pgs, South 24 Pgs, Nadia you will find new paras are created by people from BD. I personally know people from BD buying land in Thakurpukur, Maheshala belt Behala as an Indian.

Lot of things has changed for good. Communication has improved to a great extent. More luxury items are now available in nearby grocery shops or hat. Loadhseding are rare. Supply chain has improved a lot, bringing commodities quickly to market. People ate dressing better and less begger in street. I have a feeling that people have more money than before.
Many of my known BD faces has gone back recent time, got better opportunities and settled permanently.

Only thing that has not improved is the healthcare. In my acquaintance, an xray report from BD was questioned for its bad quality and low quality report associated with it. Rush has exceeded pre covid dates in Kolkata and getting dates for renowned doctors had become more complicated. I crossed BD via land border. I can only see Green passports. Perhaps it was us only having a black passport. People whom I interacted came to India on on medical ground.
So what is your point, at the end of this very detailed analysis?

What we got from this post is the following:
  1. Top management is still local Bangladeshi (somehow, this doesn't sound as shocking as it might have seemed to have been);
  2. Many Indians working there are carpet-baggers, flying in on Tuesday morning to return on Thursday evening; what work gets done in these two working days is not clear;
  3. Apparently Apollo are lying through their teeth, claiming that their (Indian) doctors are managing and running the elaborate facilities seen in the pictures;
  4. There is a huge population of illegal immigrants in India; Amit Shah is right after all, these people are termites taking away the thousand rupee jobs from honest sons and daughters of the soil, and preventing the dramatic boom in local transport that might take place if all the people from Malda (who, in reality, are people from Faridpur) are sent back to Malda, en route to Faridpur;
  5. Some dramatic improvements have taken place in the infrastructure and in living conditions, including ready availability of power, well-stocked markets, and a general air of prosperity;
  6. The excess money being earned, either by Bangladeshis living in India with false id, or earning a lot of money in Bangladesh itself, is ploughed into real estate, and a lot of land is being bought up by newly-rich Bangladeshis; as a result, land-owners are getting far better prices than they had seen before, and this is unfortunate, because they should not make money, only the buyer, the genuine West Bengali buyer, should make money by buying cheap;
  7. Finally, healthcare remains a neglected area, as apparently Bangladeshis do not have it in them either to be doctors or be nurses. The X Ray report reminds me of my brother, a radiologist in Calcutta (not yet absorbed in Bangladesh); he never gets a reference direct, and is ALWAYS the second reference, because he does not pay what in the medical profession (or medical trade) is called dash money - kickbacks to the referring doctor from the referred specialist. He is the second reference because the first, dash-money referee usually (in 95% cases) is incompetent. Not much to choose between Bangladeshi and West Bengali radiographers, it seems.
An interesting post.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom