What's new

40 Israeli F-16 Fighter Jet for Sale

No not spare parts fighters and that too 40 of them.
With 36 years old frame..

The Lavi (M-346) and Adir (F35-I) replaced and replacing them.
those fighters destroied the osiraq nuclear reactor
Osiraq was just a concrete structure, it wasn't critical..What history is that, how many concrete structures (buildings) were destroyed by them in Lebanon, Gaza and Syria with civilians in them..so nothing to be proud of , they are just very old F-16s That Usrael attempt to sell instead of scraping them..

For sale: 40 Israeli F-16 fighter jets with history
By Gili Cohen Dec 27, 2016

View attachment 364399

An F-16 "Netz" (Hawk) fighter plane at the Israel Air Force's Nevatim base in 2011.

The first model of the American aircraft to arrive in Israel is being retired after 36 years. This is the plane that attacked the Iraqi nuclear reactor in 1981.

http://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/security-aviation/.premium-1.761623

I hope no-one buys these, it's basically scrap at this point. Regardless of what building it attacked.

If someone buys these I will feel bad for them.

With 36 years old frame..

Osiraq was just a concrete structure, it wasn't critical..What history is that, how many concrete structures (buildings) were destroyed by them in Lebanon, Gaza and Syria with civilians in them..so nothing to be proud of , they are just very old F-16s That Usrael attempt to sell instead of scraping them..

Still better than 40+ years fighters being flown by many air forces around the globe.

I hope no-one buys these, it's basically scrap at this point. Regardless of what building it attacked.

If someone buys these I will feel bad for them.
And what makes you think that?

For a number of countries, these aircraft can be useful or even serve as a major source of spare parts in the long-term. Another thing is that maintenance makes difference. If these aircraft are well-maintained and improved (which I believe they would be) and price is good, they are an asset and better than a number of alternatives.

Your point?

Osiraq was a nuclear reactor, not an underground storage compound. More importantly, a nuclear reactor is a strategic asset for any state and a well-guarded facility at that.

Regardless of the above, Operation Opera was a challenging and daring mission. Israeli aircraft could not just take off from their base, enter Iraq, bomb a high-value target with impunity and leave without being opposed. This operation came as a big surprise and was well-executed.

Last edited:
why to post it here non arab country will get them from us

Top List for Buyers will be:-

1) Brazil
2) Greeks
3) 10 A/c to Sri Lanka
4) 10-12 A/c to Thailand

IAF has squeezed juice, these Birds will look pretty with Airforces who want to show Numbers not Prove Metal.....
it will cost 15-20 milion per unit

Back
Top Bottom