What's new

4,000 CNG buses to be operational in Karachi

There is no ******* gas even for a domestic user and here we are getting CNG buses. Talk about planning:disagree:

There are some CNG buses operating in Karachi, Isloo/Rawalpindi & Lahore :)
There are even CNG Rickshaws in Rawalpindi :lol:

emo_girl
Infact, not few but most of the busses, cars, vans are using CNG, Govt of punjab has introduced CNG busses in lahore and they plan to expand this scheme in other cities also, i,ve myself seen so many CNG busses with the insignia of Govt. of Punjab in lahore and it seems as if they would be everywhere in no time.

its a good development because CNG is a very economical fuel, however it'd put alot of burden on households in winter, so, heavy load shedding of gas is also expected this winter.:pakistan:

190dfcf59e6709874e7e8a690e1bb9a6.gif

why the hell we don't set up & use Electric Buses (called trolley bus) it is being used in many countries.It saves oil & are environmentally friendly.
It also doesn't require huge investments as the inter city rail networks requires. Save gas,oil,foreign exchange,environment & a lot of $$$....

20646f711ba227d9474e07b5d7388e7c.jpg

why the hell we don't set up & use Electric Buses (called trolley bus) it is being used in many countries.It saves oil & are environmentally friendly.
It also doesn't require huge investments as the inter city rail networks requires. Save gas,oil,foreign exchange,environment & a lot of $$$....

Good thought....but as on today ....Major Chunk of electricity in Pakistan is generated by burning Oil and Gas.....using this kind of transport system would be a bigger polluter .....

Nuclear Power in Pakistan

we are wasting money on oil while in the same money we can generate clean energy through hydro power..Pak have capacity of 100,000 Mega wats...& $250 trillion worth of power can b generated through thar coal...got no idea when the heck we will see that time

first we need to generate electricity for the public/commercial purposes and then we can think about the transport

For one, trolley buses requires running power lines all through the city "sky", thus would make the city look `less modern'.
My home city in China got rid of all the trolleys quite some years ago, and all the power lines are buried underground. It certainly looks better. I humbly believe it's not a good idea for Pak to have trolley buses.

For one, trolley buses requires running power lines all through the city "sky", thus would make the city look `less modern'.
My home city in China got rid of all the trolleys quite some years ago, and all the power lines are buried underground. It certainly looks better. I humbly believe it's not a good idea for Pak to have trolley buses.

Well I believe the situation with power lines would be a lot better then these smoky buses ??? & also I am referring these trolly buses for long routes & rushy routes only...Dont want to wire the whole city off course..
& look the power transmitting lines are already interepting the SKY view..
This is one of the Greener Road of Lahore...
62bbc99eb5084e6bbcb976f9227022bc._.jpg

7b990ce2e9430d4933da60d4eb60850d.jpg

Attachments

• 62bbc99eb5084e6bbcb976f9227022bc._.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 12
Well I believe the situation with power lines would be a lot better then these smoky buses ??? & also I am referring these trolly buses for long routes & rushy routes only...Dont want to wire the whole city off course..
& look the power transmitting lines are already interepting the SKY view..
This is one of the Greener Road of Lahore...

7b990ce2e9430d4933da60d4eb60850d.jpg

Wow! I see smoke. :cheesy:
What's wrong using regular diesel engine bus? Did I miss something in the thread? I don't think Pak should make reducing CO2 its top priority.

well my priority for this idea is not reducing Co2... Its actually the our rely on fuel & our wasting gas...since our gar reserves are declining vary fast..
My overall believe is to convert our maximum electric production on hydro,wind, & then one coal...Pak have potential of 100,000 MW by hydroelectric
After that converting our maximum usage of fuel & gas to electric...since right now our everything is running on gas ..even our power plants..we should be now seriously thinking of dividing the load on hydro power & coal..since we got $25 trillion worth of coal reserves

Back
Top Bottom