What's new

3rd One Day was fixed: British media reports

and again I ma telling you, there is a difference between Match fixing and Spot fixing,

I dont think you know the difference, Match fixing is for the whole match while Spot fixing is for certain balls, different crime different punishments, for spot fixing its suspension and for the other its life ban

I hope you get it now, or you are still confused??

Hum murde kyu ukhaad rahe hai. Am out of this thread.

Murde koi nahi ukhaad raha, bazati karne se pahle apne giriban me jahnkna seeko,

Where did you find the details of these allegations? Even the sun doesn't mention what info it gave the icc

When you're talking about patterns - patterns generally last for quite a long time. If you're going fix even 5-10 overs of the game, you're putting your chances of winning at a VERY high risk.

looks like the subcontinent is never going to get rid of this issue....

dunno but nexct time i may question myself if i had the right to enjoy that last tight over or that out swinger.....

Match Fixing happens in every part of the world in every type of sports, its not only the subcontinent issue, just google many Australian and South Africa cricketers where involved and were banned from cricket forever

And yes the Issue is that when the news is about subcontinent, then the news becomes more spicy, especially about Pakistan, and every media wants attention, so they gain attention like that, just like some famous celebrity scandal, (Pakistan is famous you know :D)

^^ yaar the only sports i follow is cricket and "jogging"...lol..

BUt i seriously miss my days a young cricket lover, it seemed so simple back then . The players , the ball and a jubilant crowd.

When you're talking about patterns - patterns generally last for quite a long time. If you're going fix even 5-10 overs of the game, you're putting your chances of winning at a VERY high risk.

I get your point. It doesn't make sense to me either. But the ICC is not a tabloid and must have some 'reason' to think there is some truth to these predictions. In any case, I think it is just a coincidence... The players are not stupid to do these things in the current situation. But I want to see what the sun came up with, and how that convinced the ICC

There's no doubt that it would be incredibly risky to do this in the current times. I don't think they're that stupid to do that.

From what I am hearing on PakPassion, Gul's innings and Akmal's wicket are under question, among other things.

I already discussed Akmal's wicket.

As far as Gul's innings is concerned, he was facing some good bowling hence it's not surprising that his strike rate was bad.

Furthermore, if Gul truly fixed his innings, then his bowling spell is unexplained. What I am trying to say is, if you look at his strike-rate in his innings, he got some 14 runs off 30 odd balls. Now if he did that on purpose, then he was trying to lose the game. His bowling contradicts that, however.

From sledging to ball tempering to match fixing to attack on Sri Lankan players they are taking cricket go down day by day. ICC should ban pakistan for 5 years and let them clean all the mess. After that they should be allowed to play like Zimbabwe.

Yes and Indian Cricket team and IPL never been involved in fixing.....Lilmodi is an angel.....

For ur information India is the root home of match fixing.....

From sledging to ball tempering to match fixing to attack on Sri Lankan players they are taking cricket go down day by day. ICC should ban pakistan for 5 years and let them clean all the mess. After that they should be allowed to play like Zimbabwe.

Bloody low life indian troll - Poor chap trying to please his masters :lol:

Isn't gul a tailender? How come his poor batting raises eyebrows? I didn't see the game so can't comment on akmal although the way he bats, all his dismissals are weird.

SMC, the accusation once again is of spot fixing. Losing a game would mean match fixing which cannot be blatant anymore...

I am losing interest in cricket day by day, anyways.

Planning to get out by the 3rd over and batting very slowly for 30 odd balls does suggest the plan to throw the game. Spot-fixing is about very minor details, such as no balls, wides, bouncers, maiden, etc.

obviously they have learned it from there master Indian players, so many Indian players were behind match fixing, ohh look what I found

there are many famous player who were either banned or finned

woh urdu me khte han na ke, "phle apne giriban me ghanko", translation "dont just start barking, first see your own self"

Azharuddin and 4 Others Are Punished for Cricket Match Fixing - Former India Captain Banned - NYTimes.com

Actually it was a right step for Indian cricket.The thing is that India took that right step, unlike PCB, which is brushing them under the cover. They should themselves investigate extensively and punish ,rather than hoping when scotland yard will close the case.

Most if not all of this happening is becase of this BAFOON we have as chairman, typical case of desi poor management, no one amongst ICC chiefs would be taking him seriously , the whole PCB which suffers from this.

Its hard to get ride of match fixing in the subcontinent because betting is illegal here and we love breaking the law. A lot of hard cash floats around in the markets which is hard to trace and in this cash is used to lure in the players etc etc. Match fixing is difficult to prove because traces go cold.... to be able to conform a bookie player agreement and then the money transfered to the player and finaly the player under performing during the match is all hard to put togather in one piece.

Back
Top Bottom