What's new

372 candidates pass 2019 CSS exam

This generalized testing for civil service is severely archaic.... World over each individual position is advertised based on vacancy and competent people hired after thorough interview process.

In Canada I once applied for a engineer position for the Ontario government. First they called all pre-qualified candidates for a holistic exam directly related to the position. Then people who passed the exam were called for interviews and the best candidate selected. This ensured proper merit and best-of-the-best being hired with relevant skills for the job.

In Pak a bureaucrat would be working in water and power for 5-10 years then get transferred to finance ministry. How the hell is he supposed to have the relevant skills for the job?

No wonder the government machinery in Pak is stinking pile of shit.

I think paper result not defines and ensure one will become successful, success depend more on training and upbringing than exams paper.If you look at successful people in west like a scientist newton, Edison and world top rich person billgates all of them are not good at their university exams paper results but become most successful in real life and those who are good at clearing exams become their employee and servants

I think paper result not defines and ensure one will become successful, success depend more on training and upbringing than exams paper.If you look at successful people in west like a scientist newton, Edison and world top rich person billgates all of them are not good at their university exams paper results but become most successful in real life and those who are good at clearing exams become their employee and servants
Paper is a way of measuring one's ability
These are just recruitment tests

I think it is impossible to judge person abilities within 3hrs
I don't think someone who can't pass a 3 hour paper after a year's preparation is very capable person
At least It can indicate how serious you are with your studies and these tests are not for judging people it's just recruitment procedure
Some institution for example army wants to hire few hundred soldiers
They take different types of tests and those candidates who pass all of the tests are selected

I don't think someone who can't pass a 3 hour paper after a year's preparation is very capable person
At least It can indicate how serious you are with your studies and these tests are not for judging people it's just recruitment procedure
Some institution for example army wants to hire few hundred soldiers
They take different types of tests and those candidates who pass all of the tests are selected
Army test are different in nature.They carryout multiple tests involving test for physical fitness and body health and their academic tests are much easier to pass as they contain questions from general knowledge and common human intelligence.selection in army is much easier than css passing rate.Also after clearing all preliminary tests they keep person for 3days in kohat to closely judge his attitude before final selection but no such thing is done in css and focus is only on passing written paper that is why our bureaucracy is so incapable

All Government Jobs should be done Federally

a) Education Verification
b) Interviews
c) Tests at Federal Test Centers, I favor a 100 question multiple answer type system
d) English Listening Test

Provinces should have no say in hiring process

Army test are different in nature.They carryout multiple tests involving test for physical fitness and body health and their academic tests are much easier to pass as they contain questions from general knowledge and common human intelligence.selection in army is much easier than css passing rate.Also after clearing all preliminary tests they keep person for 3days in kohat to closely judge his attitude before final selection but no such thing is done in css and focus is only on passing written paper that is why our bureaucracy is so incapable
I just gave army's example wasn't comparing css and issb
There were thousands of candidates but vacancies were 372 so they selected 372 toppers

Back
Top Bottom