What's new

SMS vs Roti

Silent observer

Reaction score
that is an interesting comaparision of SMS and roti price in pakistan. i recieved it in an email and i am not sure about the SMS prices at the moment in Pakistan but it might be possible that roti in pakistan might be more expensive than sending sms message(s).

SMS Roti

Rs. 6.00 Rs. 2.00

SMS Roti

Rs. 5.00 Rs. 2.50

SMS Roti

Rs. 2.00 Rs. 3.00

SMS Roti

Rs. 0.23 Rs. 5.00

SMS Roti

Rs. 0.010 Rs. 7.00

regards

:rofl::rofl:
Humre MUlk mae telecom revolution aya ha, Mulk Taraqi kr rha ha...
Roti ni ha to kia hoa Pastery khao...

anyways this is Shamefull, ppl are dying to get cheap flour e.g the Stampede In karachi & death a man in line for buying subsidized Flour & politicians measure level of development & life of ordinary ppl of Pakistan thru these SMS rates... :disagree:

:rofl::rofl:
Humre MUlk mae telecom revolution aya ha, Mulk Taraqi kr rha ha...
Roti ni ha to kia hoa Pastery khao...

anyways this is Shamefull, ppl are dying to get cheap flour e.g the Stampede In karachi & death a man in line for buying subsidized Flour & politicians measure level of development & life of ordinary ppl of Pakistan thru these SMS rates... :disagree:

yes absolutely true, and if you look in 2009 one can send many many sms messaages in the price of one roti. i mean what is wrong with our politicians, leaders and policy makers. they consider this as development and betterment in economy. the fact is poor people in pakistan are becoming more poor and people living at average, in this way will soon be joining the below average group, what a shameful situation. :disagree:

regards

It is disturbing but it is fact. Actually nation is suffering a deficiency of true leadership at moment.

I agree with you. I was pretty happy when tax was impose on SMS.

i think it do not matter that tax is imposed on sms or not, in my opinion but the thingthat matter is whether the poor people can be benefitted by this extra tax that we pay. i mean if our leaders just simply eat out extra tax up than what is thepoint of paying it, isnt it?

regards

sincerely

See if we look practically these things are not related.... An SMS cannot be compared to Roti. Pakistan is not the isolated case even in India or anywhere else sms is cheaper then roti. At a normal hotel we used to have a roti for Rs 1 and now for Rs 3. But we cannot compare it with SMS. They are cheaper because of advancement in technology. No offense intended.

See if we look practically these things are not related.... An SMS cannot be compared to Roti. Pakistan is not the isolated case even in India or anywhere else sms is cheaper then roti. At a normal hotel we used to have a roti for Rs 1 and now for Rs 3. But we cannot compare it with SMS. They are cheaper because of advancement in technology. No offense intended.

nah nah, Zardari was thinking that if there's anything left from which i m not getting comission so Sherry Rehman told him, Boss why not SMS, y not get 10% outa every SMS u can give me 5% outa it, but Zardari denied giving Sherry any share so she resigned & now no tax on SMS

Exactly Zardari though why not get 10% outa every SMS :angry:

yes you are right and moreover if mr 10% will get his 10% of every sms then the people under him will also go for their percentages like 9%, 8% and so on on the basis of their political and capabilities of excersing their powers. so ultimately all of it will end up in the pockets of these people, so what kind of benefits will our poor people will get from our extra taxes on evrey sms.

when the leader is corrupt every one down below is corrupt since the leader can not look them in the eye and take any action against them. so what we need is a true and honest leader, who can clear the mess we have in our country isnt it?

regards

RAW, no offence taken. you are right that these two things are totally different.

the point of posting the thread was to compare that what kind of policies our leaders are making to counter poverty, i mean from this you can see that the policies are more or less pro rich and poor unfriendly. it is very important that a poor person can eat himself and can provide roti for his family at the end of every day than having very low rate or tax free sms available in my country. if on ecan not do sms it will not do him/her any harm but if one poor person die of hunger, it is very saddening for the country policy maker (atleast it should be).

i just wanted to show what are we doing in pakistan and every where in the world. i had posted a pictoral thread with the name of (ifftar party at saudi arab). eye opener pictures man, just check that out and you will get my point.

we are wasting huge amounts on the things which are far less important than saving human lives and moreover, instaed of making poor friendly policies we focus on rich friendly policies and last but not the least we have one of the biggest corrupt people to run our country. i hope you understand

regards

Oranges and apples. These type of threads are a waste of everyones time.

Oranges and apples. These type of threads are a waste of everyones time.

i appreciate your opinion.

this thread was started in the members club becasue it is the right of every memeber of this forum to start a thread which is not related to politics or defence sections in this section (i know the thread should be as per rules and regulations of the forum), isnt it?

moreover if any member do not like any thread have the right to simply neglect it. so please in future exercise your rights instead of reading through all the posts and then realising that was the waste of your time.

please do not waste your time any more, although you have done it already by going through the posts above.

regards

Back
Top Bottom