What's new

33% Indians likely to get H1N1: Azad :(

33%? Score mongering?

That's like 300-400 million victims...

Cruel Cruel Numbers :eek: :frown:

why dont they provide the vaccine to all citizens before it spreads ?

I think that though the survival rate is high > ~90% but does that mean we should leave all those ~10% behind :eek: :frown:

Those numbers are a gross-exaggeration.. there is no way thats remotely even possible!! Why do people believe everything

History! ever heard of the Influenza? or the Spanish Flu, started back in 1918 and killed mmultitudes

Influenza - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is not Joke

Cruel Cruel Numbers :eek: :frown:

I think that though the survival rate is high > ~90% but does that mean we should leave all those ~10% behind :eek: :frown:

History! ever heard of the Influenza? or the Spanish Flu, started back in 1918 and killed mmultitudes

Influenza - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is not Joke

those numbers would be higher today. if it wasn't for mass communication to coordinate efforts against the flu. and all the medical advances.

Wake up applesauce.....

wake up to what? please kindly tell me what i said was wrong,

6500 cases, 430 deaths thats less that 10% if u cant do math
CDC H1N1 Flu

global 215000 cases , 1735 deaths if u use a calculator on this one im sure you'll find that the deaths are far less than 10%(if u know how to use one that is)

http://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/files/pdf/Health_topics/Situation_Report_090811_1700hrs.pdf

vaccines are already developed

also im fairly awake right now :)

wake up to what? please kindly tell me what i said was wrong,

6500 cases, 430 deaths thats less that 10% if u cant do math
CDC H1N1 Flu

global 215000 cases , 1735 deaths if u use a calculator on this one im sure you'll find that the deaths are far less than 10%(if u know how to use one that is)

http://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/files/pdf/Health_topics/Situation_Report_090811_1700hrs.pdf

vaccines are already developed

What you missed is the figures you quote are so far, the virus is still in early phases most places at severe risk have not yet hit their regular flu season which is when the deaths will be the worst.

Dont think a few hundred so far, think of 300 milion infected in both China and India at 5% deaths that would be 15 million dead in each country. I think that is why people are " worked up "

What you missed is the figures you quote are so far, the virus is still in early phases most places at severe risk have not yet hit their regular flu season which is when the deaths will be the worst.

Dont think a few hundred so far, think of 300 milion infected in both China and India at 5% deaths that would be 15 million dead in each country. I think that is why people are " worked up "

okay if 600 million + are infected then yes death toll is high

but vaccines are being developed with WHO expecting wide availability in late 2009, 4 months left of this year...... even if producers(mainly in Europe) decide to sell mainly to their markets first rest of world (developing/under developed) will have the vaccine in numbers by early 2010. guess we'll have to see if the virus can spread to 600 million+ and kill off 5 percent of so of those infect in about 4 months
anytime pass that the death rate will drop significantly as vaccines becomes available(yes i know some people will not get it due to poor government or other simular reasons but the death will still drop considering places like china and India will definitely spend the money to keep 15 million people alive)

on a side note the vaccines a little rushed thus some side effects may not be known until it show up after being distributed to people

They are more than a little rushed my friend. It normally takes 2-3 years to do what we are racing to do in 6 months. Some amount of testing will be done but across the world regulators will fast track the vaccines into the market. Actual field testing in huge population samples will then help us learn more about the vaccines efficacy and safety over time. Standard practice in epidemics and pandemics. India should get its vaccines by Dec-Jan. Prior to that we would import whatever whoever comes out with first.

What is the situation in China and Pakistan like guys?

Cheers, Doc

Last edited:
So you guys still have a chance of stopping it entering your country .... theoretically at least (were it not for our supremely porous land borders - giving a whole new meaning to "cross-border terrorism").

Cheers, Doc

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom