What's new

3 Assam Rifles personnel injured in IED blast

53fd

New Recruit

Reaction score
At least three personnel of 23 Assam Rifles posted at Litan were injured in an IED blast that occurred at around 5:30 am today at Sangkai Village under Litan Police Station in Ukhrul district.

The injured personnel have been identified as rifleman no. 231040 Sudhir, 46, s/o Gopulan of Kerala, rifleman no. 8003686 W Mayunao, 25, s/o (late) Wungshang Mayainu of Nungsang Village, Ukhrul district and rifleman no. 5007573 Ashini, 20, s/o Kishandev of Punjab.

The jawans sustained minor splinter injuries during the blast. They have been admitted to RIMS Hospital for treatment.

According to an officer of Assam Rifles, the IED blast took place suddenly when the convoy consisting of three vehicles reached Sangkai Village along Ukhrul-Imphal Road as a part of their daily patrol. The injured personnel were travelling in one Tata 407 truck.

Some parts of the truck were also damaged during the blast, he added.

A massive manhunt was conducted in the area by the personnel of 23 Assam Rifles but no report of arrest was recieved.

No group has claimed responsibility for the attack till the filing of this story.

3 injured in Ukhrul IED blast | Northeast Today

i wonder there must be atleast 100 casualties daily due to different terror attacks in india but it never comes in media truly hidden away.compared to that pakistan is much better and peaceful.

^^^
Because it false....

Hey guys i have a question, who maintains and provide equipment to Assam and Rashtriya rifles ?

i wonder there must be atleast 100 casualties daily due to different terror attacks in india but it never comes in media truly hidden away.compared to that pakistan is much better and peaceful.

Yeah right, anything which floats your boat to come out of your trauma...

What are you talking about? 100 a day??!!! I DON'T THINK SO. the reason it is not reported is because IT DOES NOT HAPPEN
^^^
Because it false....

Hey guys i have a question, who maintains and provide equipment to Assam and Rashtriya rifles ?
I believe bot AR and RR get equipment, training and manpower from IA. RR in particular is made up solely of IA men.

I believe bot AR and RR get equipment, training and manpower from IA. RR in particular is made up solely of IA men.

Actually its the other way . AR recruits and trains independently form IA and all the 46 battalions report to Ministry of Home affairs. It has regularly provided manpower to IA in major offences e.g In recognition of the unit's skill in counter insurgency operations, three battalions were deployed on Operation Pawan in Sri Lanka between December 1988 and February 1990 and supplemented the IA.

The Assam Rifles training Centre and school was designated as the nodal agency for the conduct of Counter Insurgency Training for Central Para-Military Force in the North East. An Officers Orientation Course is also conducted for Indian Army officers posted on deputation to Assam Rifles units. It has trained small batches of the Central Industrial Security Force in handling of AK-47 Rifles and in commando operations.

Pre independence since 1942 the 5 Assam Rifles was to acting as a Training Battalion for the whole Force. on 1 January 1959, the Assam Rifles Training Centre was established at Missamari (Assam) under the command of Lieutenant Colonel PS Thapa,MC. In june 1959, the Boys Wing of Assam Rifles was shifted from Shillong to Missamari.In February 1961, Headquarters and a portion of Assam Rifles Training Centre was shifted to Chardwar. In 1962, in the wake of the Chinese aggression, the Centre was shifted from Missamari(Assam) to Dimapur (Nagaland). In 1982, the post of commandant was upgraded to Brigadier and in september 1994, the Assam Rifles Training Centre was redesignated as Assam Rifles Training Centre and School (ARTC&S).

At present, it has four training battalions and is designed to train up to 1,800 recruits at one time. It is spread over three places viz Dimapur, Diphu (district of Karbi Along,53 kms from Dimapur) and Sukhovi (20 kms from Dimapur) Headquarters of ARTC&S alongwith No 1 (Lakhimpur) Training Battalion, Signal Wing (less Cipher Company) and the Assam Rifles Museum are located at Dimapur. No 2 (Diphu) Training Battalion along with an adhoc Courses Wing, Republic Day Parade Cell and Clerks Training School are located at Diphu. No 3 (Sukhovi) Training Battalion along with the Cipher Company of signals Wing and an adhoc Counter Insurgency and jungle Warfare Cell, is at Sukhovi. No 4 Training Battalion which was raised in 1985-86 to meet the need of trained manpower for the ewpansion of Assam Rifles was disbanded on 24 June 1990.

Actually its the other way . AR recruits and trains independently form IA and all the 46 battalions report to Ministry of Home affairs. It has regularly provided manpower to IA in major offences e.g In recognition of the unit's skill in counter insurgency operations, three battalions were deployed on Operation Pawan in Sri Lanka between December 1988 and February 1990 and supplemented the IA.

The Assam Rifles training Centre and school was designated as the nodal agency for the conduct of Counter Insurgency Training for Central Para-Military Force in the North East. An Officers Orientation Course is also conducted for Indian Army officers posted on deputation to Assam Rifles units. It has trained small batches of the Central Industrial Security Force in handling of AK-47 Rifles and in commando operations.

Pre independence since 1942 the 5 Assam Rifles was to acting as a Training Battalion for the whole Force. on 1 January 1959, the Assam Rifles Training Centre was established at Missamari (Assam) under the command of Lieutenant Colonel PS Thapa,MC. In june 1959, the Boys Wing of Assam Rifles was shifted from Shillong to Missamari.In February 1961, Headquarters and a portion of Assam Rifles Training Centre was shifted to Chardwar. In 1962, in the wake of the Chinese aggression, the Centre was shifted from Missamari(Assam) to Dimapur (Nagaland). In 1982, the post of commandant was upgraded to Brigadier and in september 1994, the Assam Rifles Training Centre was redesignated as Assam Rifles Training Centre and School (ARTC&S).

At present, it has four training battalions and is designed to train up to 1,800 recruits at one time. It is spread over three places viz Dimapur, Diphu (district of Karbi Along,53 kms from Dimapur) and Sukhovi (20 kms from Dimapur) Headquarters of ARTC&S alongwith No 1 (Lakhimpur) Training Battalion, Signal Wing (less Cipher Company) and the Assam Rifles Museum are located at Dimapur. No 2 (Diphu) Training Battalion along with an adhoc Courses Wing, Republic Day Parade Cell and Clerks Training School are located at Diphu. No 3 (Sukhovi) Training Battalion along with the Cipher Company of signals Wing and an adhoc Counter Insurgency and jungle Warfare Cell, is at Sukhovi. No 4 Training Battalion which was raised in 1985-86 to meet the need of trained manpower for the ewpansion of Assam Rifles was disbanded on 24 June 1990.

Thanks, very informative!

what is the difference between the Assam and Rashtriya rifles? are they just regionally different to combat different insurgencies? why not create a national internal security force similar to the US national guard that combats insurgencies/internal problems under 1 leadership to make things easier...

100 personal in one IED blast ??Internal mate that`s an IED, not a cluster bomb...:no:manhunt is on, sooner or later he will be caught.security will be strengthen for some months,locals will suffer inconveniences and then everything would come back to normal and then some thing will happen again and the cycle repeats:fie: .........it`s no more that violent ,like in the early 90s and previous decades:fie::fie::fie:......all this terrorist dudes are getting old and new recruits are hard to come by,new generations are picking up guitars aand moving to metros for job:flirt:..

what is the difference between the Assam and Rashtriya rifles? are they just regionally different to combat different insurgencies? why not create a national internal security force similar to the US national guard that combats insurgencies/internal problems under 1 leadership to make things easier...

Well as my friend "indiatech" pointed out AR are a paramilitary tasked with CI in NE whilst RR is a dedicated (and some say the best in the world) CI force of IA. I agree with you to some extent that there are so many agencies in India supposedly doing the EXACT same thing-BSF,SSB,ITBP for example all have the same operational parameters. However I'd say in the caee of AR/RR argument that the reason AR is so effective in their AO is that they are locals who know the terrain and the enemy. However I know the IA/GoI has woken up to the idea that training can be just as effective/more so than ingrained knowledge of the land and that is why we now see world class schools able to train soldiers/policemen to operate anywhere in India in all terrains. AR is a bit of a dinosaur in this regard.

Also, to add, RR is predominately deployed in J&K.

RR is manned entirely by the Indian army. 50% of the manpower comes from the army's infantry, and the other 50% from the rest of the branches. And I think there is a further percentagewise breakup for that latter 50%. Personnel can volunteer to serve in the RR, and I think they get paid 25% additional salary while they do so. It is the largest dedicated counter insurgency force in the world, at about 65 battallions. Its raising has ensured that the rest of the army can keep honing their skills on warfare, rather than getting bogged down in CI duties and thus losing their warfighting skills.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom