What's new

3,000 kg of aircraft engine parts stolen from IGI airport

There was a lot of construction going at the airport, I wouldn't be surprised if they loaded the scrap on of the construction trucks and whisked it out of the airport.

However it happened mate its not clever when so much investment has gone into security. Lot of kilos.
Some sh*t stole a metal drain cover from the front of our building last week and we are viewing cctv cameras at the moment and we are sure we will catch the culprit. To steel 3000kg must have been hard!

Imagine if 3000 Kgs of material can be shifted out in the presence of several thousand guards, the incident at Mehran must be like a walk in the park.....not that it's excusable in any way, but at the end of the day, it's the human factor that comes into equation.

nope friend, Any one can walk through air port, where in case civilians are restricted to enter in mehran naval base. those 4000 personal is Cops and security guards not military. We can consider IGI incident as negligence of security and airport authority ...may be this an alert signal to Air port authority about Security. But you can't take mehran incident as negligence.. After all it just scrap material we loss but in mehran you loss PC-3.....attacking on naval base is not an normal incident...

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

Imagine if 3000 Kgs of material can be shifted out in the presence of several thousand guards, the incident at Mehran must be like a walk in the park.....not that it's excusable in any way, but at the end of the day, it's the human factor that comes into equation.

nope friend, Any one can walk through air port, where in case civilians are restricted to enter in mehran naval base. those 4000 personal is Cops and security guards not military. We can consider IGI incident as negligence of security and airport authority ...may be this an alert signal to Air port authority about Security. But you can't take mehran incident as negligence.. After all it just scrap material we loss but in mehran you loss PC-3.....attacking on naval base is not an normal incident...

As I said elsewhere, when some are willing to play with dear life, then it's impossible to stop the likes of 9/11 and other similar incidents, more recently again demonstrated by rag tag Talibans by breaching several high security zones in Afghanistan, more over the likes of Tamil Tigers have proven that once you breach a big complex facility like an airbase, damage becomes almost inevitable. While all the trouble is brewing in North, the PN did let it's guard down in South, however, now it's established that without inside help, such an operation was almost impossible.

As I said elsewhere, when some are willing to play with dear life, then it's impossible to stop the likes of 9/11 and other similar incidents, more recently again demonstrated by rag tag Talibans by breaching several high security zones in Afghanistan, more over the likes of Tamil Tigers have proven that once you breach a big complex facility like an airbase, damage becomes almost inevitable. While all the trouble is brewing in North, the PN did let it's guard down in South, however, now it's established that without inside help, such an operation was almost impossible.

What eva bro i just talked about mehran because you are comparing both.

This is by no means a small security lapse, according to The Times, "Air India, which has debts of £5 Billion, was embarrassed when details of the haul came to light. They had been stored in hangars at Indira Gandhi International airport, which is guarded by 4000 security personnel. Police official suspect involvement of insiders.
Air India's image also suffered when a flight was stranded at Gatwick for nine hours at the weekend because a replacement crew were lost".

I never reply to Windjammer's post its not hard to guess why????

The over the top beyond all logic and what not.

no wonder these days there are so many spam emails from Scraps.com, guess they got some new free stock

I never reply to Windjammer's post its not hard to guess why????

The over the top beyond all logic and what not.
Comprehending before divulging into cheap banter does often help.

The figure of 4000 was mentioned by The Times, which I DID refer to in my post. !!!

However it happened mate its not clever when so much investment has gone into security. Lot of kilos.
Some sh*t stole a metal drain cover from the front of our building last week and we are viewing cctv cameras at the moment and we are sure we will catch the culprit. To steel 3000kg must have been hard!

I wonder why UK has so many CCTV all around your neighbourhood ;).

no wonder these days there are so many spam emails from Scraps.com, guess they got some new free stock

Probably bcoz your business card reads rcrmj, scrap metal dealer

I wonder why UK has so many CCTV all around your neighbourhood ;).

Coz my company put them up to keep an eye out for people like you. If it was you JayAtl that took the drain cover just PM me mate and i will make sure we dont prosecute you mate. We use our security propelly young man.:azn:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom