What's new

23rd March 2010 parade cancelled

when was the last time there was a mass gathering in Pakistan that was not followed by a bomb.

Well the LeT met with out incident, just saying.

almost every day of celebration has been met with Violence.

Happens every day in Lahore at the Wagah border. A couple thousand people gather there every day. Many more on Sundays.

Please let's not go overboard with the our mis-characterizations.

I agree with Taimikhan here. The basic reason is to not indulge in big happy parades when we're conducting operations in the West and keeping our eyes peeled in the East. Remember, this is not just a military parade, but also dance troupes, colourful floats, music etc. It may not be appropriate until we complete the job of flushing some vermin down the toilet.

Good this means Zardari and Chota Zardari will not get a salute. I really hope from the bottom of my heart that he gets a well deserved boot.
I am sure Chota Zardari would have flown to Pakistan on our money to get some PR .

I have strong views on 23rd March parade. Initially parades were held on the Independence Day or Yome Istiqalal. It was only during the bigot Zia’s time that Independence Day lost importance and has now been completely ignored replaced by 23rd of March.

IMO most important day in Pakistan’s history is 14th August 1947. By all means do celebrate 23rd March as well but not at the expense of Independence Day. Besides, 29th December should be as important as 23rd March. Because it was during his presidential address at Lukhnow Muslim League Session on 29th Dec. 1930 that idea of two nation theory was first proposed which later formed basis of the partition of British India.
Allama Iqbal states

3b]] Personally, I would go farther than the demands embodied in it. I would like to see the Punjab, North-West Frontier Province, Sind and Baluchistan amalgamated into a single State. Self-government within the British Empire, or without the British Empire, the formation of a consolidated North-West Indian Muslim State appears to me to be the final destiny of the Muslims, at least of North-West India.

Presidential Address, annual session of the All-India Muslim League, Allahabad, December 1930, by Sir Muhammad Iqbal

Unquote.

Finally, let us face it; what do we have to celebrate about?

The country is in the middle of every imaginable crisis. Corruption is rampant, politicians are at each other’s throat, sectarianism is rife and a significant segment of population is intent on pushing Pakistan back to an imaginary dark age “Utopia” based on a very narrow view of Islam. A lot of Baluchis and some Sindhi also want to secede and form seperate independent nation. With target killings every day occurrence in Karachi;
an ordinary man leaving his house to earn his daily bread, is not sure whether he will return home alive in the evening or be a victim of a religious suicide bomber or of cross fire. No nation is willing to play cricket in Pakistan!

Do you really think that our founding fathers had this kind of hell in mind when they demanded partition?

At least better sense has prevailed and the parade is canceled. Any large gathering provides opportunity to the enemies of the state to kill a few more innocent Pakistanis by suicide bomb.

I repeat Hafiz Shirazi’s famous verse.

Sharaab Haraam Shumarand wa khoon e khalq halaal

Zehey tareeqat wa millat zehey shariat wa deen.

(These bigots declare wine forbidden but sanction shedding of innocent blood. Lets praise the nationhood, let us praise the religion.)

Last edited:
the logistics of this parade are also getting difficult for 2010 as many formations r on the front-lines.

What about preparing just an air show for the public ??? i mean not on any particular base but on parade avenue or the fatima jinnah park as was on the pakistan golden jubilee.:pop:

What about preparing just an air show for the public ??? i mean not on any particular base but on parade avenue or the fatima jinnah park as was on the pakistan golden jubilee.:pop:

Ahhh......what a memory you have recalled...it was no doubt an excellent air show, I still remember the thunder of Mirage suddenly appearing from over the Margalla Hilla. It just blew everyone away and not to forget the Air Show performed by...i have forgotten their name...it was red something....

And one air show was held on ..I cant recall the occassion , it was some world air force day related etc....and the F-16 that performed that day..It was just awesome...no words can properly appreciate the pleasure it brought us that day. It came so close to ppl standing there that we could, on number of times, see the helmet colour of the pilot. Me and my friend were just on the F-10 road and there were hardly few ppl around us. The F-16 Jet started performing such aerobatics that we didnt move our heads for a second. When it finished, I could see hundreds of cars around me, who had lined up there in surprise......

Wish we have more of these often...

Please somebode post the video of that F-16's performance...i searched so much but could never find it onthe net.

That was an unforgetable experience...:pakistan:

i was on the roof top of my uncle's house when the mirage fighters flew above me and dispersed into bombers it was awesome to see ;was in 4th class those days.PAF fighters did the rehearsal for almost a week and on 14th august red arrows showed their skills.

Last edited:
Ahhh......what a memory you have recalled...it was no doubt an excellent air show, I still remember the thunder of Mirage suddenly appearing from over the Margalla Hilla. It just blew everyone away and not to forget the Air Show performed by...i have forgotten their name...it was red something....

And one air show was held on ..I cant recall the occassion , it was some world air force day related etc....and the F-16 that performed that day..It was just awesome...no words can properly appreciate the pleasure it brought us that day. It came so close to ppl standing there that we could, on number of times, see the helmet colour of the pilot. Me and my friend were just on the F-10 road and there were hardly few ppl around us. The F-16 Jet started performing such aerobatics that we didnt move our heads for a second. When it finished, I could see hundreds of cars around me, who had lined up there in surprise......

Wish we have more of these often...

Please somebode post the video of that F-16's performance...i searched so much but could never find it onthe net.

That was an unforgetable experience...:pakistan:

Here we go

you can see other parts of this video for red arrows show.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom