2016 West Iran clashes - Kurdish Insurgency / Updates and Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLACKEAGLE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Jordan
April 2016–present clashes in West Iran refers to the ongoing military clashes between Kurdish insurgent parties Kurdistan Freedom Party (PAK), Komalah and Democratic Party of Iranian Kurdistan (PDKI) versus the Iranian Revolutionary Guards, which began in April 2016. The clashes came following a background of what PDKI described as "growing discontent in Rojhelat". The commander of the PAK military wing described their engagement and declaration of hostilities against the Iranian government were due to the fact that "the situation in eastern Kurdistan (Iranian Kurdistan) has become unbearable, especially with the daily arbitrary executions against the Kurds".

Background
Further information: Kurdish separatism in Iran, Mahabad riots, and Kurdish nationalism

The PDKI had announced the "restart [of] armed resistance against the Islamic Republic of Iran" on February 25th. The PDKI explained that their return to arms was due to "growing discontent in Rojhelat". Commander of the PAK military wing described their engagement and declaration of hostilities against Iranian government due to the fact that "the situation in eastern Kurdistan (Iranian Kurdistan) has become unbearable, especially with the daily arbitrary executions against the Kurds".

Timeline

On 19 April 2016, PAK's armed Peshmerga units, named Kurdistan Freedom Eagles for East Kurdistan (HAK-R), attacked Iranian government security forces in Sanandaj during annual Army Day Parade of Iran, claiming to have resumed the armed Kurdish national struggle.

On 4 May 2016, the PDKI Peshmerga engaged the Iranian security forces in Sardasht area, killing 8-10 soldiers of the Iranian Revolutionary Guards. Following the clash, the PDKI announced in its Twitter account that "A Peshmerga code of Resistance has been released in Eastern Kurdistan: "Lions Hunt, Hyenas Eat the Dead"". There were reports about the involvement of the Iranian air force in targeting the fighting positions of the rebel group, according to Kurdish sources.

On the following day Hussein Yazdanpana, the commander of the military wing of the Kurdistan Freedom Party (PAK) in Iran, told Asharq Alawsat that their force will soon resume military operations against the Iranian government forces, “Iran is at the doorstep of a wide-scale armed uprising … that will include all off its cities”.

On 20 May 2016, Kurdish groups reported an Iranian military build-up along the Iraqi border, constructing new military forts along its borders with the Kurdistan Region and deploying extra troops to the area. Nine new forts have been built along the border, according to the Kurdish groups.

On 20 May, Authorities of the Islamic Republic of Iran executed five Kurdish rights activists in the northwestern Urmia city. The Kurdish rights activists Naji Kiwan, Ali Kurdian, Haidar Ramini, Nadir Muhamadi and Ruhman Rashidi were arrested several days earlier on charges of “conspiring against the Islamic Republic of Iran”.

On 13 June 2016, it was reported that the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps ambushed and killed five members of the PJAK in the country’s northwest. The statement of Iran also said that the militants whom the IRGC killed, had assassinated two members of Iran’s paramilitary Basiji militia in May 2016, in the border-city of Sardasht, along with an engineer who was working for the IRGC on “development projects” in border areas. The clash between IRGC and PJAK came after many months of cease of hostilities between the sides and without explicit announcement of PJAK concerning the Kurdish militant movements' activity since April 2016.

On 16 June 2016, 6 IRGC security members including their commander were reportedly killed by Kurdish insurgents of the PDKI in Shno area according to statement of Rostam Jahangiri - head of the PDKI political and military commission. Iranian media reported 8 Kurdish insurgents dead in the event. Iranian artillery fire was reported in the area in the aftermath of the clash and Iranian reinforcements were dispatched into the area. In the aftermath of two day clashes in Shno, the PDKI reported 6 their members killed, claiming to bring down more than 20 IRGC members and wound 17. Iranian official statement acknowledged 3 Iranian security members and "12 terrorists".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_West_Iran_clashes

Turks arm Kurds against Persians. Persians arm Kurds against Turks. Who are used? Kurds are used.

While foaming in the mouth, I should tell you guys (anyone getting an orgasm over these minor clashes) that PDKI so far have their behind handed to them. We have 3 martyrs, 2 local Sunni Kurds allied with IRGC and an IRGC soldier, while PDKI has lost 22 terrorists.

@BLACKEAGLE I recommend reading this before getting too excited, to a point that may be dangerous for your health.

2011 Iran–Iraq cross-border raids

And guess what? PJAK was much more powerful than PDKI and Komala combined.

If I were you, I'd worry more about this:

Official: 6 Killed, 14 Wounded in Jordan Border Attack

Jordanian border guards were killed by a suicide vehicle which was given to Syrian opposition by Jordan Muppet king. Talk about bad decisions and the Karma.

Last edited:
As if destruction in afghanistan, libya, syria , iraq, and yemen was not enough, so why not destroy another muslim country by the hands of muslims themselves. We muslims are on the course of mutual self destruction.

Speechless.

Turkey and Iran should just wipe Kandil clean, it baffles me they still haven't done so.

Drone bases are under construction ... they will do the job !

upload_2016-6-27_1-27-16.png
upload_2016-6-27_1-28-29.png

so now I am saying what many ppl said to turkey:

now irans politics in ME backfires on them if you support them against turkey it will backfire some day..

but as I said iran is not turkey .. they will do what is nessesary (including bloody revange) to protect their homeland.. and they will not be soft gloved like our stupid turkic politics had been..

you have to cut the head of the snake.. we dont do it and thats why it is taking so long.. if you dont fight them in media and dont assasinate their leaders than you will pay with blood..

but thumbs up for iran they are doing their job well against those terrorists.. (including media, religion, and military)

so now I am saying what many ppl said to turkey:

now irans politics in ME backfires on them if you support them against turkey it will backfire some day..

but as I said iran is not turkey .. they will do what is nessesary (including bloody revange) to protect their homeland.. and they will not be soft gloved like our stupid turkic politics had been..

you have to cut the head of the snake.. we dont do it and thats why it is taking so long.. if you dont fight them in media and dont assasinate their leaders than you will pay with blood..

but thumbs up for iran they are doing their job well against those terrorists.. (including media, religion, and military)

Iran's policy backfired? Are you kidding? Some of these groups exist from 1940s, it's not like they suddenly appeared.

@WebMaster
We got member support terrorism

Iran's policy backfired? Are you kidding? Some of these groups exist from 1940s, it's not like they suddenly appeared.
Some of these animals in there arab forums they were speaking trash against iran and they say iran will lose but these animals don't know that the kurdish problem is older than 100 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom