What's new

20 Clever Inventions You Probably Didn’t Know Were Made By Indians

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a lovely idea for a thread...lot of knowledge could have been shared and learnt...

#Facepalm#

Later addition that happened in Europe...

So is there the original Indian version without the cross. I have never seen the original Indian chess. I do not think there is even one. In all exhibition about origin of Chess, the European version is always shown.

In that case, we, the Pashtuns declare all them inventions for ourselves. We were always present. IVC belongs to us then! :partay:

And I thought you were arab.... That mean you are converted to islam as IVC not even 1% related to islam

So is there the original Indian version without the cross. I have never seen the original Indian chess. I do not think there is even one. In all exhibition about origin of Chess, the European version is always shown.

You...
India-1550.jpg

elephant%20rook-india-16th.jpg

knight-india-16th-r.jpg

Read

Dude, even kids know that Chess is from the subcontinent..... present day India / Pakistan / BD etc etc.......

It was, however, not one country, not a single language, religion or culture and there was neither a form of organization that woud support that there was an "India" back then.

I mean no one says that western Europe was a nation 500 years ago, despite the fact that they all had the same religion and very similar cultures.

And did every nation which existed within the borders of todays India think they were part of Bharat?

This lines, yes. Though India was divided into many kingdoms, all kings considered themselves to be a part of Bharatvarsha. If you may not know, ancient Tamil literature points out , us, as the childrens of "Bharatham". They were all convinced that Bharat ruled the whole of India, and he was pretty celebrated in many parts of India.

This is the earliest known game similar to Chess from Indus Valley civilization. The modern Chess came from Chaturanga(4 divisions) from Gupta Period.

i_board.jpg

SuperStock_1890-4100.jpg

game+pieces+Lothal+pieces.jpg

:lol: well well when it comes to Mughals/Muslim rule Indian Hindus say they were barbaric foreigners and when it comes to owning their inventions Indians say oh well they were INDIANS.

When it comes to foreign invasions , then Indians says oh well those were Hindu ancestors of Pakistanis who were ruled by them and Pakistanis areas were invaded so why you Indians even claim any culture, invention in IVC ??

lolzzzzzz sorry Indians these are NOT Indian inventions.

These are clearly Pakistani and Muslims' inventions.

Now go and drink some tea

:lol: Hard to find anything that was invented by muslims that help humanity

Indian inventions and discoveries have been instrumental in shaping the face of the current modern world. We picked up 20 such interesting findings out of a whole bunch that will make you go, “I didn’t know that”.

1. Buttons
buttons.jpg

image sources 1, 2

Buttons were first used in Mohenjo-daro for ornamental purpose rather than for fastening. They were first used in the Indus Valley Civilization by 2000 BCE.

2. Chess
chess.jpg

image sources 1, 2

Chess developed out of Chaturanga, which is an ancient strategy board game developed during the Gupta Empire in India around the 6th century AD. Now you know why Vishwanathan Anand is such a pro, rag rag me is tarah
icon_wink.gif

3. Prefabricated home and movable structure
prefabricated-home.gif

image source

prefabricated-home-akbar.jpg

In 16th century Mughal India, during the reign of Akbar, the first prefabricated & movable structures were invented.

4. Ruler
ruler.jpg

Rulers were first used by the Indus Valley Civilization prior to 1500 BCE. Made of ivory, the rulers found during excavation, reveal the amazing accuracy of decimal subdivisions on it.

5. Shampoo
Shampoo.jpg

image source

The word ‘Shampoo’ is derived from chāmpo (चाँपो). It was initially used as a head massage oil for the Nawabs of Bengal during the Mughal Empire around 1762. It evolved into shampoo over the years.

6. Snakes and Ladders
snakes.jpg

image source

The game, Snakes & Ladders, was invented in India as a game of morals. Later it spread to England and eventually introduced in the USA by game pioneer Milton Bradley in 1943.
johnson's baby shampoo and ruler?:lol: you forgot to mention barbie doll stickers and dingdong bubblegums hahaha just kidding plz!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom