ManilaBoy45

Reaction score
Country
United States
PT PAL Wins Philippines Ship Contract

PT PAL Wins Philippines Ship Contract - Indonesia Finance Today

28 Jan 2014
BY Chusnul Chotimah

MANILA : PT PAL INDONESIA has won an auction for two units of Sealift Strategic Vessel (SSV) from the Philippines Defense Ministry. PT PAL bested Daewoo Intl. Corp in administration selection phase.The contract was signed in the Philippines. (*)

SSV_zpsabd78484.jpg

first,welcome back @ManilaBoy45 ..I didn't see you here over an year.

second,can anybody post what is the spec of this vessel????looks like kind of LPD.I heard about some variants of Korean Makassar Class LPD for PN,though later they declined that it'll bear any resemblance though.and weren't you guys going to get 3???

anyway,great news..much needed equipment for you guys,which is going to provide a massive boost.

first,welcome back @ManilaBoy45 ..I didn't see you here over an year.

second,can anybody post what is the spec of this vessel????looks like kind of LPD.I heard about some variants of Korean Makassar Class LPD for PN,though later they declined that it'll bear any resemblance though.and weren't you guys going to get 3???

anyway,great news..much needed equipment for you guys,which is going to provide a massive boost.

Thanks Griffin , yes it is a model derive from the original Makassar clas LPD ...

Last edited:
Portugal's EID to Supply Communications Systems for Philippines Strategic Sealift Vessels

Portugal's EID to supply communications systems for Philippine sealift ships - IHS Jane's 360

Victor Barreira, Lisbon - IHS Jane's Navy International
12 May 2015

Portuguese military communications company EID has been contracted by shipbuilders Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering (DSME) of South Korea and PT PAL of Indonesia to deliver a complete integrated communications system for two strategic sealift vessels (SSVs) on order for the Philippine Navy (PN).The EUR1.5 million (USD1.7 million) contract, signed on 8 May, oversees the delivery of the communications suites for the two landing platform dock (LPD)-style ships, with system delivery scheduled for October 2015 and May 2016, respectively, the company told IHS Jane's .

The suites will consist of EID's ICCS5 communications control system, and Harris RF Communications VLF-HF and V/UHF radios. EID will also be responsible for integrating the suites with other communications subsystems, delivered by PT PAL.In 2014 the PN and defence department ordered the two SSVs and an integrated support package from PT PAL for USD92 million. Delivery of the first platform is expected in 2016, with the second ship scheduled for delivery in 2017. PT PAL cut steel on the first ship on 22 January 2015.The SSV selected by the Philippines is based on the Makassar-class design developed by DSME. Four such vessels are already in service with the Indonesian Navy.

@ManilaBoy45

what are the specs of this SSV???
Lenght: 123 Meters
Beam:22 Meters
Tonnage: 12,000 Tons
Range:9,350 Miles
Endurance:30 Days
Top Speed: 16 Knots
Crew:120

PT PAL Wins Philippines Ship Contract

PT PAL Wins Philippines Ship Contract - Indonesia Finance Today

28 Jan 2014
BY Chusnul Chotimah

MANILA : PT PAL INDONESIA has won an auction for two units of Sealift Strategic Vessel (SSV) from the Philippines Defense Ministry. PT PAL bested Daewoo Intl. Corp in administration selection phase.The contract was signed in the Philippines. (*)

SSV_zpsabd78484.jpg
I was so happy for a moment, and then I opened this thread, anywho; congratulations to Philippines.
Excuse me while I cry with disappointment in the corner, ciao.

Aerial View of Philippine Navy Brand New Warship BRP Tarlac LD-601 While Underway from Indonesia for Delivery

Back
Top Bottom