What's new

1st X Corps Commander

Sonaris

New Recruit

Reaction score
Sirs,
I thought this of historic significance to bring to your attention that the first X Corps Commander Lt. General Aftab Ahmad Khan P.A. 656 (1/1 Punjab) died of a sudden heart attack in Lahore on July 12, 2011. He was 88.

For historic interest, it may be pertinent to mention that the X Corps insignia (A rising sun or Aftab with ten rays extruding from it) was designed in honor of him as he raised the Corps in 1974.

He was laid to rest in S Block Defense Lahore Graveyard with military honors accorded to retired General Officers.

The pall bearers taking him to his final resting place were from 162 Field.

Sirs,
I thought this of historic significance to bring to your attention that the first X Corps Commander Lt. General Aftab Ahmad Khan P.A. 656 (1/1 Punjab) died of a sudden heart attack in Lahore on July 12, 2011. He was 88.

For historic interest, it may be pertinent to mention that the X Corps insignia (A rising sun or Aftab with ten rays extruding from it) was designed in honor of him as he raised the Corps in 1974.

He was laid to rest in S Block Defense Lahore Graveyard with military honors accorded to retired General Officers.

The pall bearers taking him to his final resting place were from 162 Field.

very sad news - he belonged to my fathers unit (1/1 Punjabis). May Allah Grant him Peace in the heavenly abode!

May ALLAH have mercy on his soul! My Salute to him, for his services to the Islamic Republic of Pakistan :-)

Thought you might like to have his portrait for the record as displayed in the X Corps Mess.
Aftab-Painting-3.jpg

Lt. Gen. Aftab Ahmad Khan
(1923 -2011)
Commander X Corps 1974-1976​

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un (إِنَّا لِلّهِ وَإِنَّـا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعونَ) May his soul rest in peace in JANNAH.. Ameen

Back
Top Bottom