What's new

1971 India Pakistan War: Role of Russia, China, America and Britain

Status
Not open for further replies.
What what irony that, Pakistan has nearly developed an ACC killer missile/torpedo. Please don't ask for source now, I already made a thread and gave all the information. And according to my knowledge, your Intelligence/Navy know it too. Any foolish attempt to attack Pakistan would result in fatal decision for India. This is not ego but fact, which is a part of 'rules of use of nukes' by Pakistan. ;)

Your Avatar name compliments your comment :) Last hope......

right now Indian economy has taken a large size but till 70s and 80s, per capita income of Russia was more than 12 times to that of China and around 11 times bigger than India. there was only US Vs SU/Russia till 1990 and Pakistan was in group of US/UK since 1947 while India had joined SU by mid 60s. during 1971 war, Pakistan was heaving equipped with US's/western arms while India was equipped with Russian arms only, like how Mig21 performed for India during that war. while British interests was just to keep India within limits with keeping Pakistan in this region to engage India with Pakistan only. SU/Russia used Veto very frequently in favor of India during that period while US/UK just tried to catch India somewhere to put different sanctions on India which were defeated by SU's Veto's. India openly formed NAM against NATO, did nuclear test in 1974 which angered US/UK much and then they put sanctions on India and since then India couldnt get uranium fuel supply since 1974 till 2009, neither India got any help from NSG in terms of any nuclear energy co-operation till 2009. even during nuclear deal drama in late 2008, between India and West, heavy dramas were made and many times it looked like that deal was gone but somehow it could be agreed after heavy negotiations..........

India and US/UK were never together, neither during British Rule nor since Independence in 1947. it was in fact indian first PM Mr Nehru for was among the founder member of NAM against NATO. even if Indian professionals migrated to US from 50s to 90s, (similarly how British have been taking Indian top skills during last 2 centuries), it was heavily criticized by Indian media as they named it 'Brain Drain' as there were not enough engineering/ medical institutes in India till late 90s and the creamy layer was being taken by US's firms by offering good salaries to Indian professionals, like how British also took Indian creamy layer during last 2 centuries :hitwall:. and even right now, sometimes it looks like China is the prime target of US/West ,or, sometimes it looks like that they have put India on the first target and they are trying to negotiate with rest of the world........................

Hello_10 I know what you write. I was asking something different. What was British role in 71 exactly if you know please share it too.

Utter nonsense, the often gloated figure of 90k troops is just Bharti BS, the combat troops number was no more than 45k, rest were from like Police and other utility services,....do you even know what the term pre-emptive means or you just picked up the term from the six day Arab Israeli war. Pakistan launched strikes in the Western theatre on the evening of 3rd December 1971, where as air battles and border skirmishes had already taken place in the Eastern sector in the last week of November, after that both countries were at a war footing, unlike the Arab countries, it's not as if India wasn't expecting a war.
Furthermore, Pakistan was fighting an enemy several times it's own size 1000 miles away separated by enemy territory, without the benefit of any supplies or reinforcements...... some years later, what happened to the Indian Army in Sri Lanka aka India's Vietnam, should suffice to put a lid on any gloating.
Actual figure is in 90K and not all where combatants. Army that surrender was about 45/50K. I agree with most of part but you missed one important point in defeat - Hostile natives. People in BD were actually fighting against Pak and with India. They were welcoming IA. It was the MAJOR reason for defeat. And you can give the credit for that to the Atrocites by PA. so in somehow they dig their own grave.
Let there be any political crisis if PA hadn't abused BDs by force there wasn't any chance of war. But you guies seem to forget that.

BTW but when I read some comments on 62 Pak members have different opinions about No supply , hostile terrain and underprepared men theory. Double standard :D

It was not the army but the politicians who surrendered. I can relate examples to that but then again what purpose will it serve. So give it a rest.

Wikipedia by the way is hardly a reliable source that you are quoting here.
half of them was army :P Take a break i dont think you have 45k politicians . Dont blame your leadership ,it is incapability of your army .
You want me to give sources other than wiki ? :rofl: Then would you agree you are loser ?

Utter nonsense, the often gloated figure of 90k troops is just Bharti BS, the combat troops number was no more than 45k, rest were from like Police and other utility services,....do you even know what the term pre-emptive means or you just picked up the term from the six day Arab Israeli war. Pakistan launched strikes in the Western theatre on the evening of 3rd December 1971, where as air battles and border skirmishes had already taken place in the Eastern sector in the last week of November, after that both countries were at a war footing, unlike the Arab countries, it's not as if India wasn't expecting a war.
Furthermore, Pakistan was fighting an enemy several times it's own size 1000 miles away separated by enemy territory, without the benefit of any supplies or reinforcements...... some years later, what happened to the Indian Army in Sri Lanka aka India's Vietnam, should suffice to put a lid on any gloating.
ok 45k trrps is not a joke and remaining 45k are not common men , they are also part of security . :hitwall: Dont you know in 1999 we are 7 times larger than you? LTTE was defeated in SL ad our objectives were achieved . :P Can you quote air battles on eastern front ? Else just STFU . Go and learn the definition of preemptive strike , before the war break out your planes violated and attacked our bases and still you lost . :P When you are speaking about IA in SL do look at your current situation where Drones are flying and US killing your soldiers , terrorists destroying at your bases and Abbotabad operation , insecure life , attack on jail , .... More over in SL war our casualities on main land was very low where as terrorists are freely roaming in your cities . You want links for all of above ?

India won a war that it had every single advantage in.
East Pakistan was cut off from West Pakistan by hostile India, they had no back up, or logistics, and were completely surrounded by India. They were also fighting in a hostile environment and didn't have the support of the people. Finally, India is 7x bigger then Pakistan and has 1/6th of the earths population so Pakistan cannot match India in sheer numbers or size. The military decided that there was no point in fighting as they would lose any ways, so they decided to save the lives of their men.
Basically the war was gift warped for India and honestly, even a baby would have won that war given all those advantages.
The thing is, Indians like to gloat about this because it is their greatest moment in the last 1000 years. Have have suffered humiliation for a millennium, the greatest thing they have managed to achieve in that time is an easy victory over Pakistan.
When East Pakistan is part of you why didnt you have enough armament there rather than speaking bull sh*t here that lack of logistics 1000s of miles away ? Who prevented you in taking secure measures before war . Stop complaining like a kid . Your army promised to fight till death but showed their backs and surrender . I know it hurts you but its a fact . Next time keep in mind that
India is 7x bigger then Pakistan and has 1/6th of the earths population so Pakistan cannot match India in sheer numbers or size.
Dont try to act that you are brave here ... since you know the factors just stfu .

India won a war that it had every single advantage in.
East Pakistan was cut off from West Pakistan by hostile India, they had no back up, or logistics, and were completely surrounded by India. They were also fighting in a hostile environment and didn't have the support of the people. Finally, India is 7x bigger then Pakistan and has 1/6th of the earths population so Pakistan cannot match India in sheer numbers or size. The military decided that there was no point in fighting as they would lose any ways, so they decided to save the lives of their men.

Basically the war was gift warped for India and honestly, even a baby would have won that war given all those advantages.

The thing is, Indians like to gloat about this because it is their greatest moment in the last 1000 years. Have have suffered humiliation for a millennium, the greatest thing they have managed to achieve in that time is an easy victory over Pakistan.

Maratha rule on Peshawar, marathas defeating mughals in 27 years of war, our control over Siachin glacier .................ring any bells?

^^^ no need to remind them . they just need to look around at any map and they are reminded of it .

^^^ no need to remind them . they just need to look around at any map and they are reminded of it .

Kashmir is still with us inspite of we being a land of infidels and allah (supposedly) being on their side ..

Can we put 71 on the ban list of topics?
It has been discussed to death and there is literally nothing more that can be said.
Let's move on and look to the future.

Haha you can't do that mate. You'd lose all your Indian audience on this forum instantly. Those poor chaps have nothing else to talk about besides that one victory which was a pure fluke. Give them the chance to keep denying the fact that the only reason they won was because they walked right smack into a civil war and picked a side. Let the poor fellows have a false sense of national pride for once. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Maratha rule on Peshawar, marathas defeating mughals in 27 years of war, our control over Siachin glacier .................ring any bells?

how long did that last?
You people were humiliated for 1000 years, 800 under Muslim rule and 200 under British.
And now you are gloating over things like Siachin and Bangladesh.

C'mon man, any non baised observer would say "so what, you are 1/6th of the Earth's humaity and you beat up on a country 7x smaller then you. What you want a cookie for your "achievements" ? "

Haha you can't do that mate. You'd lose all your Indian audience on this forum instantly. Those poor chaps have nothing else to talk about besides that one victory which was a pure fluke. Give them the chance to keep denying the fact that the only reason they won was because they walked right smack into a civil war and picked a side. Let the poor fellows have a false sense of national pride for once. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

So absolutely true.

Kashmir is still with us inspite of we being a land of infidels and allah (supposedly) being on their side ..

Only because the other side made several tactical blunders and followed a path which worked against them. They've only lost the battles, not the war. They've been showing some pretty good results in the WoT of late, and looks like they are cleaning up their act. Very soon they'd be resurging fast like how Sri Lanka is doing today. Don't forget that Pakistan is way smaller than India with loads of resources too. Once they are able to utilize their advantages well, they'd be definitely a threat to India once again. You boys have way more mess to clean up in your own homes

And with big Brother :china: right next door amassing battalions at the border, getting increasingly edgy over South Tibet which is rightfully his, all the Pakistanis have to do is to wait for that opportune moment when your forces are swamped by the superior PLA.

Don't think Kashmir will stay with you my friends, it never was yours to begin with.

Idiot false flag troll . The poor chaps are the ones who surrendered shameless not following promise that they would fight till death of last Soldier . You know your dear country lost its territory , almost half of its military . Atleast we won four wars despite Pakistan attacked us . Where were you when Chinese were boasting about 1962 ? Atleast we have a reason to feel proud of , what does your country has? Not Singapore , Iam asking about Pakistan .
Reply to me ill say who are poor people .

Don't think Kashmir will stay with you my friends, it never was yours to begin with.
It was handed over to us on a platter because some desperate Pakistanis would not have waited..

Idiot false flag troll . The poor chaps are the ones who surrendered shameless not following promise that they would fight till death of last Soldier . You know your dear country lost its territory , almost half of its military . Atleast we won four wars despite Pakistan attacked us . Where were you when Chinese were boasting about 1962 ? Atleast we have a reason to feel proud of , what does your country has? Not Singapore , Iam asking about Pakistan .
Reply to me ill say who are poor people .

Nope I'm not Pakistani and I'm Singaporean and the reason I'm siding Pakistanis here is because I don't like India, the nation and the people. Very simple. You don't have to be a Pakistani to hate India. You just need to be a normal human being with a sound thought process to know that India is an oversold lemon. Any one with a brain would hate India, not just Pakistanis.

how long did that last?
You people were humiliated for 1000 years, 800 under Muslim rule and 200 under British.

So absolutely true.

Dude it was like your part of land was not under British and if you study history in 800 years of so called Muslim rule except Mugals the maximum Indian sub-continent (except Delhi, Deccan & Bengal) was always under Independent rule of Rajpoots, Gujars, and south was nearly untouched. The most controlled was Mugal Empire that also coz of Rajpoot-Mugal friendship. From time of Akbar the main General were Rajpoot (Raja Bhawandhas) till Aurangzeb (Raja Maan Singh).

And concept of Pakistan was barely 5-7 year old before Independence until 1942 Mr. Jinnah was confuse what to do only after that he raised his voice strongly for a Muslim Country, That is one major reason lack of leadership and democratic structure which failed after tragic death of Mr. Jinnah.

how long did that last?

So absolutely true.

Dude it was like your part of land was not under British and if you study history in 800 years of so called Muslim rule except Mugals the maximum Indian sub-continent (except Delhi, Deccan & Bengal) was always under Independent rule of Rajpoots, Gujars, and south was nearly untouched. The most controlled was Mugal Empire that also coz of Rajpoot-Mugal friendship. From time of Akbar the main General were Rajpoot (Raja Bhawandhas) till Aurangzeb (Raja Maan Singh).

And concept of Pakistan was barely 5-7 year old before Independence until 1942 Mr. Jinnah was confuse what to do only after that he raised his voice strongly for a Muslim Country, That is one major reason lack of leadership and democratic structure which failed after tragic death of Mr. Jinnah.

Nope I'm not Pakistani and I'm Singaporean and the reason I'm siding Pakistanis here is because I don't like India, the nation and the people. Very simple. You don't have to be a Pakistani to hate India. You just need to be a normal human being with a sound thought process to know that India is an oversold lemon. Any one with a brain would hate India, not just Pakistanis.

and i am an eskimo living in sri lanka.

why dont u stop lying and get back to your sweat shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom